Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Clarke

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Perhaps the real Albion expect lesser Albion to come straight back up making a big money signing of Clarke, in 12 months time.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If WBA win the Championship, Matt Clarke = the next Ben White?

If Derby had been promoted, he could have been the next Ollie Norwood!

Sadly, 2020-21 was the first season since we got promoted that an Albion loanee hasn't helped a team get promoted from the Championship. Maybe this'll be Clarke's year?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Out for 6 weeks.
Missed one game with a hip problem. Played three good games - now done a hamstring.
Baggies will miss him. A mate of mine who’s a supporter says he looks genuine class and adds balance to their defence

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Out for 6 weeks.
Missed one game with a hip problem. Played three good games - now done a hamstring.
Baggies will miss him. A mate of mine who’s a supporter says he looks genuine class and adds balance to their defence

What a shame for the chap

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
https://readwestbrom.com/2022/01/17...rke-has-been-best-of-a-bad-bunch-this-season/

Clarke’s gone completely under the radar this season. He’s played nearly every week since returning from injury and is one of their players of the season. I barely see any talk about him, but I think he’s one of the most likely to join the first team next season.

Hmmm, i always thought he was about 22/23 not 25, he probably needs to break into the first team next year or move on for first team football then.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Friends of mine who are Pompey fans still rave about him, they're surprised he's not a Premier League regular yet.

Centre backs do mature later so there is definitely still time for him to break into our team. Dunk, Duffy and Burn weren't Premier League players until they were 26/27. I'm certainly not giving up on him.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I think out of Ostigard, Van Hecke and Clarke, one will get a squad number next season and we'll see the other two depart. Possibly Roberts might get included in that, though he's a bit younger.

Very tough to get into this team at CB though. We're only playing 2 centre backs at the moment and we have 5 top class players for that position

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Duffy out of contract June 2023 - I think his contract won't be renewed which opens up a space for one of the above

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Clarke is a natural left-sided CB too - like Roberts and Burn. Surprised he wasn't brought in to the squad last year, TBH. Wouldn't be too upset to see him here next season if Roberts goes out on loan, but more realistically I exect to see him sold on (or given away when his contract runs out). Shame - the lad's got to feel a bit disappointed.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think out of Ostigard, Van Hecke and Clarke, one will get a squad number next season and we'll see the other two depart. Possibly Roberts might get included in that, though he's a bit younger.

Very tough to get into this team at CB though. We're only playing 2 centre backs at the moment and we have 5 top class players for that position

I'd be very surprised if we let Van Hecke go with the progress he's making this season at Blackburn - could potentially make the first team or another good loan. I think it's highly likely that Ostigard will go permanently though. A loan for Roberts in the Championship next season I'd have thought, particularly if he is loaned to League One against this season if the Massive rumour is true.

Clarke a bit of a question mark at the moment. He must want to settle at a club I would have thought rather than have another loan next season again so I guess it will come down to whether Potter thinks he is ready in the summer or if we sell him. I'd also expect Duffy to go permanently in the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here