Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matchday prices 2013/14 Cat A,B,C

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
As the club pay a licensing fee to the company providing the ticketing software and a fee is incurred for each and every ticket sold why should personal callers have the booking fee waived and the costs offset against the online booking fee which has been the case for the last 2 years ?

Perhaps they could have bought ticketing software which didn't involve paying a fee to use it? This is 2013 after all, and I'm sure this option is available out there, what with the way commerce works ???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Perhaps they could have bought ticketing software which didn't involve paying a fee to use it? This is 2013 after all, and I'm sure this option is available out there, what with the way commerce works ???

I doubt anyone does that we charge licence fees for product use, very lucrative

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
There are plenty of clubs who do this variable pricing, but are there any others who don't announce the categories for all league games up front?

Wasn't there a club last season who had 'fluid pricing', in that they used an algorithm to set prices according to historical demand, based on the gates generated in previous games ???

Last edited:

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
This removal of the WSU wings from Band A concerns me. Clarification would be good on two counts:-

1. Are we expected to pay the higher cup game fees even though we're in Band A season ticket seats?
2. Will our season tickets go up next season unilaterally?

They're changing the goal posts on us - but I have to say that at Band A the combination of stunning view, (mostly) good atmosphere and cozy concourse that those seats enjoy is outstanding value!

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
Have you been W!C since the stadium opened, as there were definitely no concession prices then.

Looking at the season ticket chart and the match price chart, I would assume this is just human error. I just hope, for your sake, that the error is not listing concession match prices and not that someone has allowed concession season tickets by mistake!
Always been W1C always received concessions as have friends with kids. If you look at the season price list compared with match day they appear to have widened the non-concession banding, I'm gutted and fearful for the following season, when I reckon I won't be able to get concession season ticket for him.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I can't see anything wrong with it, no one is forcing you to pay out £42 for a ticket. Also it's much better than previously as if you can only attend games like Blackpool or Yeovil, would you still be happy that the price is the same as per QPR or Reading?

This way if you are struggling for money but want to go, then go to the games that are cheapest. To me it's fairer. As for the booking fee it's not like this is the first time it's being done, it's always been there and now it's cheaper booking online, just a £1 instead of £2 which I guess covers posting the tickets!

I really don't understand the negativity!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So is on-line £1 per ticket for away tickets as well ?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
What's wrong with it?

Cheapest ticket effectively £26/£26.50, £2 cheaper than last year, yes, but only for a few opponents. The prices for the lucrative games are sky-high.

Oh yeah, don't forget that you also have to pay for the right to accumulate loyalty points now.

What next, the official website to go behind a pay-wall? Monthly licensing to wear anything with the club crest on in public? £1 for entry to the toilets?

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Have you been W!C since the stadium opened, as there were definitely no concession prices then.

Looking at the season ticket chart and the match price chart, I would assume this is just human error. I just hope, for your sake, that the error is not listing concession match prices and not that someone has allowed concession season tickets by mistake!
You're half right. half the block is Zone C and half in Zone D. Zone C has no concessions whereas Zone D does. Presumably, Arrid is in the Zone D side of the block.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Yeah, I noticed that. I'm a little concerned that season tickets in the wings (I'm in Block H) will rise to the same as the rest of WSU after this next season, which will be annoying as I chose to sit where I do for reasons of price.

Same as us,I'm not paying the same price for sitting in the wings as sitting in the centre of west,
Will be relocating in the north if this happens

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
I can't see anything wrong with it, no one is forcing you to pay out £42 for a ticket. Also it's much better than previously as if you can only attend games like Blackpool or Yeovil, would you still be happy that the price is the same as per QPR or Reading?

This way if you are struggling for money but want to go, then go to the games that are cheapest. To me it's fairer. As for the booking fee it's not like this is the first time it's being done, it's always been there and now it's cheaper booking online, just a £1 instead of £2 which I guess covers posting the tickets!

I really don't understand the negativity!

What, in my case you don't see the problem at being sold a season ticket at a concessionary price (U10-for my son) but not getting a concession price for a Cup game cat A,B or C game?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Same as us,I'm not paying the same price for sitting in the wings as sitting in the centre of west,
Will be relocating in the north if this happens

check out the prices of the north-west corner, what on earth is that all about? 42 fecking quid.

I wouldn't be surprised if they actually INCREASED the prices of the wings.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Most people's bugbear is we are being charged to buy something. Can't really think of any other situation where you are charged to spend money ???

Quite a lot of events charge a booking fee - most concerts and now sporting so nothing new at all

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Always been W1C always received concessions as have friends with kids. If you look at the season price list compared with match day they appear to have widened the non-concession banding, I'm gutted and fearful for the following season, when I reckon I won't be able to get concession season ticket for him.

I think you've been very lucky somehow, concessions weren't offered in that area:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?189011-Falmer-West-Stand-Lower-Zone-E

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
What, in my case you don't see the problem at being sold a season ticket at a concessionary price (U10-for my son) but not getting a concession price for a Cup game cat A,B or C game?

I'm talking league games..

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
check out the prices of the north-west corner, what on earth is that all about? 42 fecking quid.

I wouldn't be surprised if they actually INCREASED the prices of the wings.

It's the WSM extension - 'the shelf'. I was surprised to see any prices against this area, as it's supposed to be for school parties and similar groups of kids with adult supervision.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Most people's bugbear is we are being charged to buy something. Can't really think of any other situation where you are charged to spend money ???

You've never bought a concert or theatre ticket then? I don't like these fees either but they are still cheaper than buying tickets from ticket agencies such as Ticketmaster.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here