Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matchday prices 2013/14 Cat A,B,C

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Hang on, have I got this right? If I go to the ground to buy a ticket for an away match, I will be charged £1.50 for the honour?

Brilliant isn't it?

And to order one ONLINE without talking to anyone, you pay a £1 and all they do it add it to your electronic ticket - so no postage or anything.

So what, exactly is the fee for?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hang on, have I got this right? If I go to the ground to buy a ticket for an away match, I will be charged £1.50 for the honour?

If online is £1, and telephone and in-person is £1.50, then all methods of purchasing tickets cost at least £1.

So why are prices not raised to include the £1, online bookings are FREE, and in-person + telephone are 50p!? Is this all a bit Spinal Tap!!??

Jimmy Grimble

Notice that the west upper wings no longer exist, so some serious price rises there!

I wonder if there will be a dramatic change in WSU Wings s/t prices next year then? Pretty sure this year they were/are the same as North/South stand s/t prices.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The £1 online booking fee is the cheapest option now.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
FFS!!!! I'm going to write to Tescos.
I'll suggest that when I go in and buy something for £5, when I get to the till, they should charge me another £1.50 to take it away.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If online is £1, and telephone and in-person is £1.50, then all methods of purchasing tickets cost at least £1.

So why are prices not raised to include the £1, online bookings are FREE, and in-person + telephone are 50p!? Is this all a bit Spinal Tap!!??

Are the club now trying to recoup the cost of selling tickets as to cover the actual overheads ?

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Strange to close the ticket office in the city centre store as well but I guess the club wouldn't have done that if there was massive demand for it.

stupid business sense in me says they should partner with one of the many ticket offices in the city centre to provide their tickets for them. All they need is access to the system to sell, reserve and print the tickets.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I dont like what is happening to our club:nono:

You can't say that otherwise some will accuse you of wanting to go back to Withdean watching lower league football

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Next thing they will wanting us to go for an interview before every match. Getting silly now.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What about by post?

Nothing is mentioned about postal bookings on the OS but I guess they would be £1.50 providing the SAE has been sent in.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
stupid business sense in me says they should partner with one of the many ticket offices in the city centre to provide their tickets for them. All they need is access to the system to sell, reserve and print the tickets.

Its all about consolidation/reducing costs and guiding customers to the lowest cost option , a bit like being coaxed into using self service tills in a supermarket.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Why not just put the price of the ticket up by a pound and knock the handling fee on the head. they must think people are dumb! it's like something being advertised cheap on e bay with an overly inflated p&p cost!

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372786265.770430.jpg

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Why not just put the price of the ticket up by a pound and knock the handling fee on the head. they must think people are dumb! it's like something being advertised cheap on e bawith an overly inflated p&p cost!

It's almost like we are inconveniencing the club by buying tickets. :nono:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Are the club now trying to recoup the cost of selling tickets as to cover the actual overheads ?

It's basically a stealth tax. Our ticket prices are not our ticket prices.

First you have to deduct the saved cost of your travel. For 90% or so attending the Amex, this will range from £4 to £10 or so.

Then you have to add the booking fee, either £1, or £1.50.

It's not very honest this booking fee stuff to be fair. If one method was free, then that would be fair enough, but if all methods are at least £1, then the ticket price should be £1 more, not an added fee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here