Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matchday prices 2013/14 Cat A,B,C

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
But you cannot buy away tickets through BHAFC who are the entity advertising the price if £25 which is misleading as in actual fact it's at least £26 as there is a mandatory booking fee, I'm waiting to hear what the ASA have to say on the matter.

Where does it specifically mention that the £25 price is for home fans only ? Do we block anyone who is not a Brighton supporter from visiting the official website ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This is the basic point. They can argue that if they like, but a) they shouldn't and b) they're not allowed to.

If the club have signed anyone up to a platinum membership that person would be able to buy a £25 ticket , it would only need one person to keep the loophole open.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That would be a bit like HMV advertising a CD for £8 despite charging £10 on the basis that the same CD is available from Amazon at £8.

Except that we're talking about football ticket prices where the home and away prices have to be the same or break Football League regulations on pricing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Like the Capital One Cup game versus Newport County ?

I would have thought it highly unlikely that Cup games will be categorised like this.

Up until now, Cup games have been charged at a percentage of the full ticket price, based on attractiveness, eg Liverpool - 100%, Gillingham - 50% (or similar). I would expect the same will continue as the club will want a lesser price than £25 for games such as Newport County.

I would expect the Cat.A price to be considered the 100% base that other Cup games are calculated from.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
If the club have signed anyone up to a platinum membership that person would be able to buy a £25 ticket , it would only need one person to keep the loophole open.

Not according to the ASA

Clause 3.18 of their Advertising code -

"Quoted prices must include non-optional taxes, duties, fees and charges that apply to all or most buyers. "

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
I'm not even going to attempt to join in with this debacle. However I must agree that seagullsovergrimsby is being obtrusive.

He makes a few good points, but I must admit to wondering if the club are paying him to raise every obscure reason possible, to justify what appears to be another case of the club deciding and printing something which has and will, cause many supporters concern. I think most of this, including the possibility of under 10s having to pay £43 to watch a cup game from their ST seat in the Lower West will hopefully be yesterday's news when all is explained.

I live in hope

Last edited:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Where does it specifically mention that the £25 price is for home fans only ? Do we block anyone who is not a Brighton supporter from visiting the official website ?

But you cannot phone up BHAFC and say 'I'll have a ticket in the away section please' can you?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
That would be a bit like HMV advertising a CD for £8 despite charging £10 on the basis that the same CD is available from Amazon at £8.

Thats a very good analogy

Except that we're talking about football ticket prices where the home and away prices have to be the same or break Football League regulations on pricing.

which you appear to have missed. Point is, a ticket for Barnsley will cost us a minimum of £26 whereas Barnsley fans will pay £25. So it could be argued the club is breaking football league regulations by having unavoidable booking fees

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thats a very good analogy

which you appear to have missed. Point is, a ticket for Barnsley will cost us a minimum of £26 whereas Barnsley fans will pay £25. So it could be argued the club is breaking football league regulations by having unavoidable booking fees

The Football League regulations on booking fees specify that the away club MAY charge a booking fee providing it is the same as it would normally charge for a home match. Some clubs charge booking (or administration) fees and some don't.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I would have thought it highly unlikely that Cup games will be categorised like this.

Up until now, Cup games have been charged at a percentage of the full ticket price, based on attractiveness, eg Liverpool - 100%, Gillingham - 50% (or similar). I would expect the same will continue as the club will want a lesser price than £25 for games such as Newport County.

I would expect the Cat.A price to be considered the 100% base that other Cup games are calculated from.
Nah, I reckon it'll be Cat C.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here