Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*MASSIVE congratulations to MK Dons*

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Your response was 10 years and all should be forgotten! Regardless of each view point, the sands of time should not make a difference. The 10 years point was stupid in my opinion. Moving to Gillingham, moving to MK? No different in my eyes.

I didn't say forget, I said move on, I take it you can read. As for Gillingham, I thought we all knew it was temporary. Again, you are not comparing like for like, not even close but that's your prerogative. With regard to the sands of time, then what are your views on Arsenal and their status in the top flight since 1919 season?

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
I didn't say forget, I said move on, I take it you can read. As for Gillingham, I thought we all knew it was temporary. Again, you are not comparing like for like, not even close but that's your prerogative. With regard to the sands of time, then what are your views on Arsenal and their status in the top flight since 1919 season?

Move on forgotten, the same in my book you might have rose tinted glasses about Gillingham and everything was gonna be just fine but that was not how I saw it. Yep Arsenal, Everton etc was wrong. And yes I can read or I would not be able to respond that's a stupid thing to say

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Well done to MK dons. You've finally got back to the division Wimbledon were in when your chairman decided to destroy them and use Wimbledons history as a means of starting a brand new football league club from scratch.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Move on forgotten, the same in my book you might have rose tinted glasses about Gillingham and everything was gonna be just fine but that was not how I saw it. Yep Arsenal, Everton etc was wrong. And yes I can read or I would not be able to respond that's a stupid thing to say

Well maybe you missed the English comprehension classes at school. People get divorced and move on but they don't forget. We fought a world war with the Germans and most people have moved on but we haven't forgotten. Christ, we were once invaded by the bloody Italians but most of us have moved on from that. It is possible to move on without actually liking what happened in the past.

I take it you missed the Arsenal game this season then?

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Well maybe you missed the English comprehension classes at school. People get divorced and move on but they don't forget. We fought a world war with the Germans and most people have moved on but we haven't forgotten. Christ, we were once invaded by the bloody Italians but most of us have moved on from that. It is possible to move on without actually liking what happened in the past.

I take it you missed the Arsenal game this season then?
If that's your best response then you have lost the argument. I said from the start that I would not be congratulating MK and will never consider them a proper football club. But nothing will stop me watching Brighton when I so wish. Certainly not a guilt trip by you. I'm signing off from this discussion as its getting silly now.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If that's your best response then you have lost the argument. I said from the start that I would not be congratulating MK and will never consider them a proper football club. But nothing will stop me watching Brighton when I so wish. Certainly not a guilt trip by you. I'm signing off from this discussion as its getting silly now.

:wave::wave::wave:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Don't have any issues with MKD's and quiet like them and the way they play.The MKD's fans turn up to watch their home town club and that's the size of it.
The posh tits of Wimbledon are a big reason why it went the way it did as they didn't want the football club there....Fair few other reasons it went wrong,but the fact is they were allowed to move to Milton Keynes and that's why it should be put to bed.
You can blame wimbledons residents and the local council and the FA,but not the good folk of Milton Keynes as its wrong.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't have any issues with MKD's and quiet like them and the way they play.The MKD's fans turn up to watch their home town club and that's the size of it.
The posh tits of Wimbledon are a big reason why it went the way it did as they didn't want the football club there....Fair few other reasons it went wrong,but the fact is they were allowed to move to Milton Keynes and that's why it should be put to bed.
You can blame wimbledons residents and the local council and the FA,but not the good folk of Milton Keynes as its wrong.

The good folk of Milton Keynes can have their football club but start at the bottom of the pyramid, not jump in at the level that Wimbledon were. Other clubs have had problems and sunk but risen again. It is the queue jumping that fans resent not so much the relocation.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The good folk of Milton Keynes can have their football club but start at the bottom of the pyramid, not jump in at the level that Wimbledon were. Other clubs have had problems and sunk but risen again. It is the queue jumping that fans resent not so much the relocation.
You go and tell the FA that then as the good folk support their club and they're not to blame for this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You go and tell the FA that then as the good folk support their club and they're not to blame for this.

You tell the FA to step in when unscrupulous owners sell their clubs down the river, like Blackpool & Hereford. The FA is well named as doing sweet FA.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You tell the FA to step in when unscrupulous owners sell their clubs down the river, like Blackpool & Hereford. The FA is well named as doing sweet FA.

I do think the Premier League would run domestic football much better than the FA, I'm not saying they are faultless. But there faults are much less than the FA

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I do think the Premier League would run domestic football much better than the FA, I'm not saying they are faultless. But there faults are much less than the FA

But wouldn't that pretty much be the system we had before with the FL running the professional game and the FA as custodian of the amateur game and the rules! The Prem might be better at running a league but I doubt they would like to. If it happened, that would probably dilute the money the big clubs get as they would have to distribute it further down the food chain. It was greed that set up the Prem in the first place.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
But wouldn't that pretty much be the system we had before with the FL running the professional game and the FA as custodian of the amateur game and the rules! The Prem might be better at running a league but I doubt they would like to. If it happened, that would probably dilute the money the big clubs get as they would have to distribute it further down the food chain. It was greed that set up the Prem in the first place.

Any worse than it is now?

I think the football league is an outstanding product that if sold properly could make the clubs more than it is at the moment, which will help the 72.

Plus, how much better would it be if all the football was run by one body?

BiffyBoy

Aug 20, 2012
Get over it. It happened over 10 years ago, was sanctioned by the FA and, in all probability, Wimbledon would have gone out of business had they stayed at Selhurst any longer with no prospect of getting back to Merton at that time. That, plus the rules have now been changed as far as I'm aware, so it won't happen again. Add in that AFC were born because of the move then, as they say, every cloud. And for the record, I was born in Wimbledon so have a bit of an affinity with them.

Proper fans should boycott MK. You may as well be born in Wimbledon, support the Albion and claim to be a real fan! :)

We should protest by bringing sarnies and not purchasing any refreshments at the away game

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Proper fans should boycott MK. You may as well be born in Wimbledon, support the Albion and claim to be a real fan! :)

We should protest by bringing sarnies and not purchasing any refreshments at the away game

Three cheers for a real fan then :facepalm:

You must sleep well at night.

By the way, 23 posts in nearly 3 years. Thanks for taking time out to join the debate.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Any worse than it is now?

I think the football league is an outstanding product that if sold properly could make the clubs more than it is at the moment, which will help the 72.

Plus, how much better would it be if all the football was run by one body?

Not sure it would be better. Too many different priorities. I'm not complaining about the FL but the problem is the gulf between us and the Prem in terms of finance. Can't see that changing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here