Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*MASSIVE congratulations to MK Dons*

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
If PNE fail in the playoffs again, can we please, please, please, please, please, please sign Joe Garner?

Yep, both Preston and Sheffield United have got woeful play-off records. Swindon and Chesterfield fans will be rubbing their hands. I'm sure Sheffield United must have some tidy players we could potentially nab, keeping in mind some of the impressive cup runs they've been on recently.

inland seagull

Aug 7, 2010
Northampton
It was all round Stadium MK today, which will now rank as one of the best in the Championship, oh dear there's lots of people in other clubs who don't like us, do you think we should win promotion and go into the Championship?

I think that don't give a f**k what they think was the general consensus, bring it on!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sorry but nope - I'm not going to get over it.

"Happened over 10 years ago" Well so did all kinds of moral wrongs that we rightly pursue - passage of time doesn't expunge the record.

"Was sanctioned by the FA" - as was what Bill Archer did to us.

"Wimbledon would have gone out of business if they'd stayed at Selhurst" - whereas moving to Milton Keynes made life easier for them?

"Rules have now been changed - it won't happen again" - Not sure, that will make the Wimbledon fans feel much better.

"Every cloud..." You are joking right?

We'll have to disagree on this. Personally I will NEVER go to MK Dons or pay them a penny. And no real football fan should ever do that. IMO.

I don't mind accepting that you disagree but does that really make you a better football fan than me?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Get over it. It happened over 10 years ago, was sanctioned by the FA and, in all probability, Wimbledon would have gone out of business had they stayed at Selhurst any longer with no prospect of getting back to Merton at that time. That, plus the rules have now been changed as far as I'm aware, so it won't happen again. Add in that AFC were born because of the move then, as they say, every cloud. And for the record, I was born in Wimbledon so have a bit of an affinity with them.

Attitudes like 'get over it' will only let them get away with it. It was a disgrace to football and always will be. Never forget.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Attitudes like 'get over it' will only let them get away with it. It was a disgrace to football and always will be. Never forget.

Unless you have had your head in the sand since 2003, they have got away with it. They are now a championship club and we will be playing them at least twice next year. You don't have to forget what happened (I never said you had to) but banging on about it every time MK Dons get mentioned isn't going to turn back the clock.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Unless you have had your head in the sand since 2003, they have got away with it. They are now a championship club and we will be playing them at least twice next year. You don't have to forget what happened (I never said you had to) but banging on about it every time MK Dons get mentioned isn't going to turn back the clock.

I didn't say it would. But I'll never respect them as a football club. I will the other 91 clubs as they wasn't their right to be there.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I didn't say it would. But I'll never respect them as a football club. I will the other 91 clubs as they wasn't their right to be there.

What about Arsenal? Admittedly only moved 12 miles (route planner so maybe the roads were different then!) from their traditional home but they didn't win their position in the league. Finished fifth in the second division in the last league before the war but were promoted, at Tottenham's expense (who admittedly had finished bottom) for the first season after the war. Whilst Tottenham had finished bottom, as the first division was expanding, it was customary that the relegated club would be re-elected in the top flight plus the the promoted clubs from the second division. Both Wolves and Barnsley finished above Arsenal!

According to Wiki, they moved because of small crowds in their location and the financial trouble that ensued nearly culminating in bankruptcy. Sounds familiar?

Seems the whole of football other than a part of north London have accepted Arsenal.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I don't mind accepting that you disagree but does that really make you a better football fan than me?

Where did I say I was a better football fan than you? (Answer: nowhere)

It's a disagreement is all. I happen to think you're wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here