Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*MASSIVE congratulations to MK Dons*

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Has the stadium got any walls yet? Pretty draughty there.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Cheap train tickets on a Daysave there for 4 though. 26 quid the lot I think. Plenty of dosh left over for the finer things.....

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Has the stadium got any walls yet? Pretty draughty there.

Yeah, they filled in all the gaps when they drew Man United in the League Cup, due to the vast demand from all the MK locals wanting to see their main team coming to town.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think anyone congratulating Franchise FC on anything today needs to learn a bit of history. Never should they be commended on anything!

Get over it. It happened over 10 years ago, was sanctioned by the FA and, in all probability, Wimbledon would have gone out of business had they stayed at Selhurst any longer with no prospect of getting back to Merton at that time. That, plus the rules have now been changed as far as I'm aware, so it won't happen again. Add in that AFC were born because of the move then, as they say, every cloud. And for the record, I was born in Wimbledon so have a bit of an affinity with them.

Last edited:

At last they have made the step UP and have a BRILLIANT young manager in Karl Robinson and after all they have been THROUGH they FINALLY go UP. We can WELCOME them now to the AMEX next season.

Well DONE MK Dons

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Can see them and Bristol city making a real challenge next season,ambitious board,both play attacking football,I bet Baldock wishes he'd stayed at City instead of coming to our soulless white elephant.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Scored 101 goals in the league. They'll be a decent outfit next season and no doubt the media, with the FLS in particular, will get massively over excited at the rise of franchise.

Last edited:

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
congrat... Sorry I can't do it.I have to mix with so many Dons supporters and I know there is going to be a lot of crowing go on. If next season is like this we'll probably only score about 30 goals all season. If that is so, here's hoping that about eight of them are against them

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
congrat... Sorry I can't do it.I have to mix with so many Dons supporters and I know there is going to be a lot of crowing go on. If next season is like this we'll probably only score about 30 goals all season. If that is so, here's hoping that about eight of them are against them

Imagine if they get to the Premier League. The identity crisis that's going to ensue for their lifelong fans when they have to play against their main teams :ohmy:

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Get over it. It happened over 10 years ago, was sanctioned by the FA and, in all probability, Wimbledon would have gone out of business had they stayed at Selhurst any longer with no prospect of getting back to Merton at that time. That, plus the rules have now been changed as far as I'm aware, so it won't happen again. Add in that AFC were born because of the move then, as they say, every cloud. And for the record, I was born in Wimbledon so have a bit of an affinity with them.

Sorry but nope - I'm not going to get over it.

"Happened over 10 years ago" Well so did all kinds of moral wrongs that we rightly pursue - passage of time doesn't expunge the record.

"Was sanctioned by the FA" - as was what Bill Archer did to us.

"Wimbledon would have gone out of business if they'd stayed at Selhurst" - whereas moving to Milton Keynes made life easier for them?

"Rules have now been changed - it won't happen again" - Not sure, that will make the Wimbledon fans feel much better.

"Every cloud..." You are joking right?

We'll have to disagree on this. Personally I will NEVER go to MK Dons or pay them a penny. And no real football fan should ever do that. IMO.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea

What? Take a breath sweetheart.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Imagine next season,it's the 7th May and we are are playing MK at their ground and 3 points will see us clinch promotion, I wonder how many morals will fall by the wayside then.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Imagine next season,it's the 7th May and we are are playing MK at their ground and 3 points will see us clinch promotion, I wonder how many morals will fall by the wayside then.

There would be no need for morals. We'd lose the game anyway.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
Been giving young players a chance over the past few years.

Good luck to them, I can see them in the play offs next year.

Indeed, rather than relying on imported temporary shyte like the Albion have done. Mind you even their loan signings do the business, just look at the goals Will Grigg has got (19 from 43 games), while we got Leon Best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here