Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*MASSIVE congratulations to MK Dons*

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
And immediately followed by "In my opinion". It's a disagreement.

Are you serious? Read what you have posted again then tell me that what you mean by 'in your opinion' real fans have nothing to do with MK Dons. The implication is you are the real fan and some of us who have accepted the situation aren't.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Are you serious? Read what you have posted again then tell me that what you mean by 'in your opinion' real fans have nothing to do with MK Dons. The implication is you are the real fan and some of us who have accepted the situation aren't.

Yes - completely serious. My belief is that fans should not not go to MK Dons or pay them money.

I have no idea whether you personally have ever done so. None of my business And I have no opinion on whether I'm a "better fan" (whatever that means) than you or or not.

I'm expressing an opinion - as are you. You've accepted the MK thing, I haven't. We'll just have to agree to differ.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yes - completely serious. My belief is that fans should not not go to MK Dons or pay them money.

I have no idea whether you personally have ever done so. None of my business And I have no opinion on whether I'm a "better fan" (whatever that means) than you or or not.

I'm expressing an opinion - as are you. You've accepted the MK thing, I haven't. We'll just have to agree to differ.

I appreciate that you don't accept the MK Dons situation. Ok, we agree to disagree.

However, you stated that it was your opinion that real fans would have nothing to do with MK Dons. That implies you consider yourself a real fan and that those that have been to MK Dons aren't. However you want to define 'real fan' you are implying that it is better than not being a real fan ergo, you are better than others, the others including me. Just accept there are real fans that go to MK Dons and there are real fans that chose not to.

By the way, I assume you will give the home game a swerve as well as you don't want to put money in the pockets of MK.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I appreciate that you don't accept the MK Dons situation. Ok, we agree to disagree.

However, you stated that it was your opinion that real fans would have nothing to do with MK Dons. That implies you consider yourself a real fan and that those that have been to MK Dons aren't. However you want to define 'real fan' you are implying that it is better than not being a real fan ergo, you are better than others, the others including me. Just accept there are real fans that go to MK Dons and there are real fans that chose not to.

By the way, I assume you will give the home game a swerve as well as you don't want to put money in the pockets of MK.

OK - I've just read back over this thread to check what happened here.

I said that - in my opinion - no real fans "should" go to MK Dons. I didn't say that anyone who has gone is not a real fan - I accept people have different views on this, even though I'll keep arguing my viewpoint. As will you I'm sure.

On your point about the home game - I've never really had to think about it but now you mention it, yes. I'll probably have to find something else to do that day.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
OK - I've just read back over this thread to check what happened here.

I said that - in my opinion - no real fans "should" go to MK Dons. I didn't say that anyone who has gone is not a real fan - I accept people have different views on this, even though I'll keep arguing my viewpoint. As will you I'm sure.

On your point about the home game - I've never really had to think about it but now you mention it, yes. I'll probably have to find something else to do that day.

Ok, fair enough. Better hope we don't get them in the play-offs next season !!!!!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Scored 101 goals in the league. They'll be a decent outfit next season and no doubt the media, with the FLS in particular, will get massively over excited at the rise of franchise.

There is no more Football League Show as the BBC didn't renew their deal. Saturday's show was the final full edition of the programme, hence the montage of the past 6 years at the end.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Also, good chance for us to take anywhere between 5000 and 9000 away fans if the game has anything on it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The away team don't get any money from the home club in league games.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
image.jpg
There shit and they've got no fans!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
There is no more Football League Show as the BBC didn't renew their deal. Saturday's show was the final full edition of the programme, hence the montage of the past 6 years at the end.

Channel 5 have picked up the rights and are going to show it earlier in the evening. Rumours a 9pm (ie: pre Match of the Day) start.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
At last they have made the step UP and have a BRILLIANT young manager in Karl Robinson and after all they have been THROUGH they FINALLY go UP. We can WELCOME them now to the AMEX next season.

Well DONE MK Dons

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Not from me. Will never forget what they did to Wimbledon. Will never wish them well.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Get over it. It happened over 10 years ago, was sanctioned by the FA and, in all probability, Wimbledon would have gone out of business had they stayed at Selhurst any longer with no prospect of getting back to Merton at that time. That, plus the rules have now been changed as far as I'm aware, so it won't happen again. Add in that AFC were born because of the move then, as they say, every cloud. And for the record, I was born in Wimbledon so have a bit of an affinity with them.
Would you say the same about Bill Archer? I don't think so stupid comment in my opinion.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Not from me. Will never forget what they did to Wimbledon. Will never wish them well.

Completely agree with this. I think the thread starter is probably trying to wind people up. Can't believe anyone would say well done to MK after what they did to Wimbledon. Was really annoyed watching the Football League Show last night with Leroy Rosenior saying well done to Peter Winkleman. No true football fan would say that.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Different set of circumstances. One wanted to destroy a club and the other did what they thought was best to keep a club going. In my opinion, stupid comment to compare the two.

Your response was 10 years and all should be forgotten! Regardless of each view point, the sands of time should not make a difference. The 10 years point was stupid in my opinion. Moving to Gillingham, moving to MK? No different in my eyes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here