Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marseille

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I think I got incredibly unlucky. This summer has been a lot better than last. I think the cancellation rate is only 1% on average. Whereas last summer some of the bigger airline like KLM and BA were 2/3%
Yeah it’s getting a lot better, a lot of crew are going back, and getting good money to do so. I’m in a lucky position with rail travel price, but it’ll be fine. When I went to a festival in Barcelona last year it was a nightmare, mates having to rebook last minute, 6 hours delays. All while I was sipping Estrella on the night train through La Tour Du Carole.

tigerbeesteve

tigerbeesteve
Jan 18, 2010
Bristol
that's like doing an awayday to get to the start of your trip.....
I live in Bristol so I hope to fly to Marseille from there, if I'm able to get a ticket, but I didn't see any flights as cheap as £18, with most needing 1 stop on the way back. I used skyscanner to check, 2 days ago. Which airline is it with for the £18 direct flight?

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Well good old easyJet cancelled my Paris flight today with an hour's notice. Will cry if this happens on the 5th Oct....

Just seen this on twitter

Hello, due to short notice sickness in the Air Traffic Control tower, temporary air traffic control restrictions have been put in place today, resulting in some delays and cancellations by airlines. We would like to apologise to any passengers who have been impacted. Thanks, NC

(Broken Britain)
If you live in London why would you even contemplate flying London to Paris when you've got Eurostar on your doorstep ?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Well good old easyJet cancelled my Paris flight today with an hour's notice. Will cry if this happens on the 5th Oct....

Just seen this on twitter

Hello, due to short notice sickness in the Air Traffic Control tower, temporary air traffic control restrictions have been put in place today, resulting in some delays and cancellations by airlines. We would like to apologise to any passengers who have been impacted. Thanks, NC

(Broken Britain)
‘Broken Britain’ because you can’t fly off abroad. My God, you Londoners don’t know your born !

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
‘Broken Britain’ because you can’t fly off abroad. My God, you Londoners don’t know your born !
It's the accumulation. Can't seem to get a train that runs on time anymore. Flights often fooked. And what's the excuse for the cancelled flight , sick air traffic controllers?!? This didn't happen back in the day.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
It's the accumulation. Can't seem to get a train that runs on time anymore. Flights often fooked. And what's the excuse for the cancelled flight , sick air traffic controllers?!? This didn't happen back in the day.
Back in the day they just got Doris from accounts to fill in when the air traffic controllers were off sick 😳

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
French air traffic controllers striking has been going on forever

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
HOTELS. Where is everyone staying? Any news on the ticket collection points and coaches into ground?
We are staying in La Joliette area. Not sure if there will be coaches to the ground yet but this is where Spurs were asked to congregate last year and bused in

Last edited:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Eurostar & OUIGO out via Lille, 9:01 St Pancras on the 4th
Back via Paris on the 11:54 out of Marseille on the 6th.
£520 for 2. The OUIGO is a fraction of the cost of Eurostar but longer journey.
Hotel, looking at the Ibis Marseille Centre Euromed at £130 night.
Most expensive football match ever, don't tell the wife.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Eurostar & OUIGO out via Lille, 9:01 St Pancras on the 4th
Back via Paris on the 11:54 out of Marseille on the 6th.
£520 for 2. The OUIGO is a fraction of the cost of Eurostar but longer journey.
Hotel, looking at the Ibis Marseille Centre Euromed at £130 night.
Most expensive football match ever, don't tell the wife
Lots of good Air BNB options at half that hotel price

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I believe this is what they done before with Spurs. Would be good if the club had given us some sort of pointer as to an area to stay.
I see, but the OM supporter who has been posting on this thread said that the Spurs game was played under special restrictions and he did not think it would happen this season. I think he said due to problems with the Frankfurt game a quarter of the ground was closed, police had banned supporters from certain parts of the city, supporters were all bussed in.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I visited Marseille back sometime in the noughties. Not a football trip, but a short break to see Radiohead in Nimes.

Enjoyed my few days in Marseille, watched a Tour de France finish, and can remember looking around an excellent Roman museum in the city.

Can say much about the nightlife, as I stayed quite a distance from the centre. Certainly didn't experience any problems

Nimes is a great place to stay, and had a magnificent Roman amphitheatre, similar to the Colleseum in Rome.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I get the feeling that the club are waiting on finalisation of a travel package

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here