Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marseille

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It would be good to have some ticket news for this. Presumably the club are negotiating the allocation.
If @Beach Hut is to be believed. 5500 registered in the first hour so we'll take the 5% we can get. I presume negotiations for more are currently going a bit like:

Us: Can we have some more please?
Marseille: Non
Us: Pretty please
Marseille. Mais, non. Sur ton velo
Us: OK then.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Some interesting advice given to rugby fans this weekend regarding potential fines in Marseille...

“Supporters are being greeted with “reminders of French law and practical advice”, which includes potential fines for “obvious public drunkenness, consumption of narcotics (€150-450), and using the services of a prostitute (€1,500)”.

Jesus. The cost of this trip just keeps on going up.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
“Supporters are being greeted with “reminders of French law and practical advice”, which includes potential fines for “obvious public drunkenness, consumption of narcotics (€150-450), and using the services of a prostitute (€1,500)”.

Jesus. The cost of this trip just keeps on going up.
Also a list that used to be compulsory on a trip to Amsterdam.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Also a list that used to be compulsory on a trip to Amsterdam.
And they don’t fine you for the privilege there. What’s the world coming to?

Last edited:

Sep 8, 2023
Hello boys, I'm an American looking to go to his first Brighton game, our away game at Marseille. I signed up for the pre-registration but reading some of these responses, it seems that I might not be getting a ticket haha. Are supporters buying tickets from Marseille instead? I received an email earlier today saying that tickets to the game had gone on sale for their members.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I received an email earlier today saying that tickets to the game had gone on sale for their members.
Yep, I had a quick look at OM's official website and found out that they are selling a match bundle which involves two home games against Brighton (05/09/23) and Le Havre (08/09/23)
The tickets cost £43 at minimum and are available to those with a membership which is an additional £21 - there will also be a ticket exchange.

Sep 8, 2023
Yep that's what I saw as well. I'm unfamiliar with this whole process though, do you think it's worth buying a ticket from Marseille? In the email I believe it also said that tickets would go on general sale on Monday, but my French isn't the best so I could be wrong.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Yep that's what I saw as well. I'm unfamiliar with this whole process though, do you think it's worth buying a ticket from Marseille? In the email I believe it also said that tickets would go on general sale on Monday, but my French isn't the best so I could be wrong.
I don't know personally but I think you could "get away with it" if you are with the OM fans, just blend in with the home crowd.

About ticket arrangements, you'll have to ask someone else, probably @VojFromMars has some useful information - they've lived in Marseille for over 20 years!

Sep 8, 2023
I don't know personally but I think you could "get away with it" if you are with the OM fans, just blend in with the home crowd.

About ticket arrangements, you'll have to ask someone else, probably @VojFromMars has some useful information - they've lived in Marseille for over 20 years!
I see a lot of people earlier in the thread mentioning that they've already arranged their travel. Are they just chancing it on getting a ticket? Because I would love to buy my travel, I just have no idea on whether or not it is realistic to expect getting a ticket.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I see a lot of people earlier in the thread mentioning that they've already arranged their travel. Are they just chancing it on getting a ticket?
Yes, they have already arranged travel without getting a ticket.
Because I would love to buy my travel, I just have no idea on whether or not it is realistic to expect getting a ticket.
Firstly, it depends upon your priority status (STHs, MyAlbion...) as this will affect the likelihood of you getting a ticket; similar to any other Brighton match.

I would expect there to be less popularity for the match against Marseille, due to factors such as possible violence, so that may provide you with some hope for getting a ticket BUT no one really knows for certain and there has been a vague rumour that around 5,000 fans have pre-registered!
[EDIT: The predicted away allocation is approximately 3,300, which I think is a satisfactory size for most fans]

If you want to know the chances of accessing a ticket in the home section, and how it all works, then someone else like @VojFromMars would provide more insightful information.

Last edited:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
If anyone's French is sharp, this is the email I got. I think at the bottom it talks about tickets going live on Monday.

Basically it says if you apply for membership, you get 3 days priority booking (today until Sunday) for the “pack” - ie, BHA plus Le Havre. Then, there’s a week for non-members to buy the “pack”. Then, from 19th Sept anyone can buy single tickets to each match.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
If you can buy single tickets from Marseille from 19th Sept that will be a good option for unsuccessful Albion fans.
Although I expect everyone who has pre-registered and wants an Albion ticket to get one.

Sep 8, 2023
If you can buy single tickets from Marseille from 19th Sept that will be a good option for unsuccessful Albion fans.
Although I expect everyone who has pre-registered and wants an Albion ticket to get one.
this was my thought as well. Now I'm not sure if I should buy the bundle to get a guaranteed ticket or chance it and wait for single tickets.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Hello boys, I'm an American looking to go to his first Brighton game, our away game at Marseille. I signed up for the pre-registration but reading some of these responses, it seems that I might not be getting a ticket haha. Are supporters buying tickets from Marseille instead? I received an email earlier today saying that tickets to the game had gone on sale for their members.
There are easier ways of seeing your first Brighton match than going to Marseille! Are you UK-based?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I see a lot of people earlier in the thread mentioning that they've already arranged their travel. Are they just chancing it on getting a ticket? Because I would love to buy my travel, I just have no idea on whether or not it is realistic to expect getting a ticket.
People have bought travel, because this is possibly our greatest achievement. It might never happen again. Life’s a rollercoaster, you’ve just got to ride it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here