Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marseille

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
By request, I've created another thread on our French opponents, Olympique de Marseille, for discussion about the upcoming fixtures, travel information or anything else...

Olympique de Marseille
Fixtures
05/10/23 - Olympique de Marseille vs Brighton & Hove Albion (17:45 BST, 18:45 Local) - OUR FIRST EUROPEAN AWAY MATCH
14/12/23 - Brighton & Hove Albion vs Olympique de Marseille (20:00 BST)

Brief Description
Olympique de Marseille is a football club based in Marseille that competes in Ligue 1, the top flight of French football. They have won nine league titles, ten Coupe de France titles and a national record of one Champions League against AC Milan in 1993.

Stadium
Stade Vélodrome, which holds 67,394 spectators and hopefully an away allocation of, at minimum, around 3,300 if we are permitted 5% of the capacity.

Last edited:

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
For anyone staying a few nights there are some amazing places around Marseille to visit - Les Calanques cliffs are incredible, Cassis is a beautiful small seaside town, Aix-en-Provence is lovely. The list could be much longer.

I was a bit negative on the other thread about my experience in the stadium so I thought I'd be a bit more positive!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'm flying out of LGW Weds 07.45 on easyJet to Marseille, departing MRS on Fri 11.30.
Staying at AC Marriott Hotel, Velodrome.
I am a season ticket holder with minimal loyalty points, hoping for a match ticket from Brighton (I've pre-registered).

On a positive note I think Marseille away will be the least desirable away trip out of the three for our fans, due to cost of flights and fear of violence. Fortunately, it also has the largest away allocation (3350?) which increases my chances substantially.

I think AEK Athens will be the toughest ticket to get due to low away allocation (1625?) and a low chance of there being any spare home seats.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
My son and I are flying out Tuesday lunchtime (BA from Heathrow). Flying back Friday evening. Got a nice little AirBnB in the old Port.

Never been to Marseille before so hopefully a nice little break to go with our first ever away game in Europe.

So excited!
Just FYI the Old Port was somewhere Spurs fans were told to avoid.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Maybe an alternative might be by ferry from Newhaven or Poole then a train from dieppe or cherberg via Paris? The route would be less popular so might not be so expensive. Just need to undertake a 10 hour journey

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
On a positive note I think Marseille away will be the least desirable away trip out of the three for our fans, due to cost of flights and fear of violence. Fortunately, it also has the largest away allocation (3350?) which increases my chances substantially.

I think AEK Athens will be the toughest ticket to get due to low away allocation (1625?) and a low chance of there being any spare home seats.
A fan died in fighting between AEK Athens and Dinamo Zagreb ‘fans’ just last month (albeit with the Croatians held largely responsible by the Greeks) and it’s only 4 years since AEK attempted to petrol bomb Ajax supporters inside the ground, for which they received a suspended 2 year ban. Everyone should have their wits about them at both I think.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Maybe an alternative might be by ferry from Newhaven or Poole then a train from dieppe or cherberg via Paris? The route would be less popular so might not be so expensive. Just need to undertake a 10 hour journey

The ferry is currently £124 and return, train from cherberg to marseille £108.

There's the option to sail from Portsmouth too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here