Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The simple fact is that he will go if the deal is right for City, Cucu and us. But recently I have seen a couple of interviews where he has talked about the troubles he and his family have had in moving and settling in a new country and club. He's only 23 has loads of time and I hope will sit tight for another 12 months unless something extraordinary happens. I hope :thumbsup:

I've been resigned to Biss going for a while and now am not so sure ? Big Bob, Tross, Tariq ? None of us know but I can't think of anyone I would rather have conducting these negotiations than Tone :albion2:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Yes but if he's on double bubble contract at man city over 5 years he's gonna get a much bigger payout.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

He's a 23 year old multi millionaire, who appears to be a soundly grounded professional young man ( clearly 5 gold stars in the NDP test)

I'm sure he's made for life if he never plays again after his BHA contract expires.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The simple fact is that he will go if the deal is right for City, Cucu and us. But recently I have seen a couple of interviews where he has talked about the troubles he and his family have had in moving and settling in a new country and club. He's only 23 has loads of time and I hope will sit tight for another 12 months unless something extraordinary happens. I hope :thumbsup:

I've been resigned to Biss going for a while and now am not so sure ? Big Bob, Tross, Tariq ? None of us know but I can't think of anyone I would rather have conducting these negotiations than Tone :albion2:

I would not be in the slightest bit surprised if Bissouma stays and runs his contract out. . . . He's brilliant at a very specific job. Not everyone wants/needs that . . . . He's also a booking liability . . .Tariq isn't going anywhere. Trossard, possibly, but blows hot/cold

Sanchez is a clear target as is Cucu, but I think MC will stay for now . . . IF he has a world cup banger with SPain maybe January could yield Tony 60+m

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This brings home that we need to get the succession planning right for our stars moving on.

The transfer window has to really focus on players for future seasons. Enciso and 1 or 2 others please.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
With Bissouma almost certainly going this summer I really don't think we'll let another first teamer go. City might want him but they've just forked out £70m odd for Haaland, and are apparently after Phillips from Leeds. I can't see him going this summer but next summer? It'll be interesting to see if we buy in a potential replacement this summer as per our usual succession planning MO.

Likewise....I find it extremely difficult to believe that - having spent the past 13 years taking BHAFC from a homeless 3rd division club to 9th in the EPL - Tony Bloom is going to let things go backwards. Obviously Bissouma will go, and possibly Trossard. But that would be it.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I would not be in the slightest bit surprised if Bissouma stays and runs his contract out. . . . He's brilliant at a very specific job. Not everyone wants/needs that . . . . He's also a booking liability . . .Tariq isn't going anywhere. Trossard, possibly, but blows hot/cold

Sanchez is a clear target as is Cucu, but I think MC will stay for now . . . IF he has a world cup banger with SPain maybe January could yield Tony 60+m

I'm still thinking the same with Bissouma, that he wants to go to a European club and they won't be paying 40m for him, so he runs it down. Hence the persistent Villa rumours, we'd like to sell him if possible to get a return for him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I would not be in the slightest bit surprised if Bissouma stays and runs his contract out. . . . He's brilliant at a very specific job. Not everyone wants/needs that .

:shrug:

Bissouma's 'specific job' is terrorising the opposition when they have the ball, and driving his team forwards when they have it. there isn't a team in world football who doesn't want or need someone to do those things - whatever style of play they use.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
:shrug:

Bissouma's 'specific job' is terrorising the opposition when they have the ball, and driving his team forwards when they have it. there isn't a team in world football who doesn't want or need someone to do those things - whatever style of play they use.

and one who does that very well...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
[tweet]1529569075222958080[/tweet]

Translated into English, the Spanish defender said: “If the opportunity arises, you have to take advantage of it. There are teams that you can’t say no to.” :lolol:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
[tweet]1529569075222958080[/tweet]

Translated into English, the Spanish defender said: “If the opportunity arises, you have to take advantage of it. There are teams that you can’t say no to.” :lolol:

"Marc, Manchester City have made a generous offer for you and we've accepted it. Pep Guardiola wants to talk to you about becoming his first choice left back as they look to retain the Premier league title and win their first Champions League trophy"

"Nah, you're OK, I like the sea air in Brighton and hope to be captain when Dunky retires. Sorry you went to that effort negotiating. "

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here