Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I was reading an article in the Spanish press today lamenting Barcelona's mistakes with regard to Cucurella.

I hadn't been aware of the full backstory before. Apparently, he was loaned to Eibar with an option to buy for 2 million, which the Basque club took up. The Catalans then rebought him for 4 mill euros before flogging him to Getafe for 6 million plus 40% of a future sale it. As Barcelona were desperate for cash, they renegotiated later to make the fee 10 million plus 10%, which meant they lost out when we signed him. Now they've got a ageing Jordi Alba and are looking enviously at Cucu's stellar performances for Brighton.

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/ba...la-barca-mercado-venta-brighton-city-13674104

Last edited:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Miller is absolutely right. Almost all of even the most popular Twitter transfer experts simply work on making enough things up to eventually get one right. It’s such a strange cult, all those followers desperate to get the latest made up news.

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
I was reading an article in the Spanish press today lamenting Barcelona's mistakes with regard to Cucurella.

I hadn't been aware of the full backstory before. Apparently, he was loaned to Eibar with an option to buy for 2 million, which the Basque club took up. The Catalans then rebought him for 4 mill euros before flogging him to Getafe for 6 million plus 40% of a future sale it. As Barcelona were desperate for cash, they renegotiated later to make the fee 10 million plus 10%, which meant they lost out when we signed him. Now they've got a ageing Jordi Alba and are looking enviously at Cucu's stellar performances for Brighton.

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/ba...la-barca-mercado-venta-brighton-city-13674104

I love Google translate:
"He lived almost all of his progression in the bowels of the club and ended up exploding outside."

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
So many people saying 30 million would be the price. Surely bloom would not even pick up the phone for less than 50.

To put that in context the profit we would have made on the transfer if we sold at 30 would be similar to that money we earned in the second half on Sunday. No chance.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
So many people saying 30 million would be the price. Surely bloom would not even pick up the phone for less than 50.

To put that in context the profit we would have made on the transfer if we sold at 30 would be similar to that money we earned in the second half on Sunday. No chance.

This, unless there is a buy out clause (please god no). It would take more than the Ben White £££ IMO. Cucu has just had a better season than White had in 20/21.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Additionally I doubt City would be the only interested party. I don't think for one second we will sell this window but if we did it would be way above 30m

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
[tweet]1528969604504100865[/tweet]

Gulp.

HA. What complete & utter ****ing twitter SHITE. There should be a *Jolt* button to send a few hundred volts through this idiot’s keyboard. The bloke’s signed a 5 year multi million pound contract with us and our chairman is Tony Bloom. City may have nicked Haaland. They’re not nicking Cucurella.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Realistically if they want him, he'll go. It's City, so we don't have the bargaining power some think we do. In our favour is his contract situation protecting his value. Against are the facts that they are a much bigger and better side than us, the chance to play under Pep, improving his chances to play at the WC, a massive pay rise.

£30-40m will be the fee and we'll all be very peeved, that is my prediction.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Realistically if they want him, he'll go. It's City, so we don't have the bargaining power some think we do. In our favour is his contract situation protecting his value. Against are the facts that they are a much bigger and better side than us, the chance to play under Pep, improving his chances to play at the WC, a massive pay rise.

And to think you started this post so well.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Simply do not see how we could accept 30m unless it came with some juicy and guaranteed add-ons taking it above 50m.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

No he won’t. That’s my prediction.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Ake cost City £41 million 2 years ago.

He came from a relegated club, and didn’t have anything like the stats that Cucurella has, he only had 2 years remaining on his Bournemouth contract. He was also 2 years older than Cucu.
I suggest, for these reasons, any negotiation would start above 50 million.
But, I don’t believe we’re selling .

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I think people don't understand the power that players and agents have to force moves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here