Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
I reckon most of Chelsea's recent aquisitions will regret moving to Chelsea, and Colwill probably regrets signing that new contract. However, Caicedo must REALLY regret it given that we'd accepted a bid from Liverpool where he could go and play alongside the same Spanish-speaking team mate whom he'd had so much synergy with the previous season.

Sources suggest that the agent received a massive pay day from the Chelsea deal that wasn't offered by Liverpool.
It seems utterly mad that something so shallow and short-sighted, not even related to the player himself, can dictate such a huge career decision for a young talent like Moises. But here we are.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Chelsea are a joke - I know that isn't news to anyone but it's staggering how determined they are to keep making a bigger and bigger laughing stock of themselves. Cucurella and Disasi are important first team players for them, but they're looking to sell them? And replace them with who? More expensive punts (no typo).

What on earth is their plan? How do they think they're going to be in any way successful with the chaos and carnage they're pretending is squad building.

I suspect caicedo is regretting not going to Liverpool. I thought it was a strange choice at the time but he made his choice and he has to live with it. Hindsight is obviously a wonderful thing but I suspect that come the end of his career he might reflect he should have had another season with Brighton. Had he stayed I genuinely believe we would be in the top four right now.
Had he stayed with us for another season continuing his improving under Roberto then, a massive move to 1 of the European giants probably.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I reckon most of Chelsea's recent aquisitions will regret moving to Chelsea, and Colwill probably regrets signing that new contract. However, Caicedo must REALLY regret it given that we'd accepted a bid from Liverpool where he could go and play alongside the same Spanish-speaking team mate whom he'd had so much synergy with the previous season.

Sources suggest that the agent received a massive pay day from the Chelsea deal that wasn't offered by Liverpool.
Don't think Colwill will regret signing a new contract, his choice was:
a) stay with Chelsea on his old salary
b) stay with Chelsea on a much bigger salary.

He'd have been mad not to sign it.

Agree on Caicedo though. Liverpool would have been the much much better option.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Why is this thread still going, he won't come back, Cucurella has Newcastle written all over his rejected arse.
I think we all know he isn't coming back here any time soon. Shouldn't stop us having a good laugh at the little scrote though. And Caicedo too. And anything else Chelsea for that matter.

Except Colwill. Good lad who has done nothing much wrong in my book.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
That’s what I don’t understand Shirley as someone who has been financially successful in business would have the foresight to see both the up and downsides of 8 year contracts on both a performance and balance sheet basis?

I can only conclude he doesn’t think any detrimental action will be taken

Personally I think it's down to Boeneheads lack of understanding of 'soccer'.

xxxx player plays well for xxxx club so we'll get him no matter the costs and it'll make us into a great team. Rinse and repeat 20 times in 18 months. No realisation that there's tons of previous examples of players making 'dream' moves that turn into nightmares for everyone.

I remember one of the first things he said was about having an "all-stars" North V South match. Yea right, a few Utd, City, Liverpool players v Chelsea, Arse, Spuds etc ... Because they do something like that in the NFL I believe. Just shows his naivety.

Long may it continue. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here