Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Only if Dean thought it was a red card. That is the big flaw with the system - if it had happened at the corner they scored, it would have been a foul. But because it resulted in a corner, he can only refer him for a red card review.
That's not what I asked. Could the referee have gone over to the monitor of his own accord to check out what he was being told by the Chelsea players, without any invitation by The Complete and Utter one?

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
That's not what I asked. Could the referee have gone over to the monitor of his own accord to check out what he was being told by the Chelsea players, without any invitation by The Complete and Utter one?

No. And rightly so. Players surround the refs enough. The games would never end if this was allowed.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
See Cucu's taking corners for Chelsea now - and very well! Did we miss out on that?

On a side note, I see that the referee who was incompetant in dealing with the Cucu hair-pull incident has been deemed as good enough for little old Brighton's trip to Wet Sham.

If Chelsea fans rate Anthony Taylor as incompetant, thben obviously they haven't come across the likes of Kevin Friend, or Jon Moss very often.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
2 excellent chances already today in goal scoring positions and both shanked high / wide. Took the second off Jorginho too [emoji23]

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

The ref should be able to ask VAR for something specific such as Has the defender commit a foul? Is that a penalty for unsporting behaviour?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The ref should be able to ask VAR for something specific such as Has the defender commit a foul? Is that a penalty for unsporting behaviour?

Yes, you'd like to think so, wouldn't you - but I've been told very firmly further up this thread that the idea is absolute bollox and can't be allowed!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Yes, you'd like to think so, wouldn't you - but I've been told very firmly further up this thread that the idea is absolute bollox and can't be allowed!

I don't watch much rugby but their use of the TMO is superb. The onfield ref makes all the decisions and refers scenarios to the TMO with a specific focus suggesting the ref is in control throughout.

I do feel that since the introduction of VAR the assistant referee's have made much less of a contribution to matches than they used to or than what I'd want them to. Many leave decisions to the referee and VAR

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't watch much rugby but their use of the TMO is superb. The onfield ref makes all the decisions and refers scenarios to the TMO with a specific focus suggesting the ref is in control throughout.

I do feel that since the introduction of VAR the assistant referee's have made much less of a contribution to matches than they used to or than what I'd want them to. Many leave decisions to the referee and VAR
Yes, I think it's an absolute fact that you, me, or most random posters on NSC, could make a better job of implementing VAR than the PGMOL or the EPL! :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Marc who?

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
You're either a troll or one of the most negative weapons this board has ever seen. Either way no one missed you during your previous bans.

And who are you! I love your type.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seems he's getting a bit of a pounding at Chelsea at present. Some questioning his quality, being subbed and dropped for champions league game?. Apart from the loads of dosh he's earning is the grass greener?

Given Chilwell came on and scored and assisted the winner he’s unlikely to be playing first team football as a starter until Chilwell gets injured or loses form. Price of being at a big club with options as good as if not better than you. Their fans also turn on players very quickly

Won’t help his world cup chances if he doesn’t get his place back quickly either, staying here almost certainly would have :shrug:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here