Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Well if he decides to go to Roma over us. That’s a shame but fair enough.

Quite different to choosing to go a farmers league with nice scenery.

The Portuguese league is 6th in the European rankings and Benfica offered Núñez the chance to play European football. Added to that, they have a great track record of selling players to top European clubs. As a young South American player, his decision to join them made perfect sense.

At least you can understand why a young Spaniard might opt for Roma :)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I’d also add in the contrasting playing styles between JM and GP. If you’re an attack-minded wingback, I know which of those two I’d rather play for.

Players priorities normally are between Money , Trophies + country/location

Can't see us winning any of them v Roma

In it to win it though.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Players priorities normally are between Money , Trophies + country/location

Can't see us winning any of them v Roma

In it to win it though.

Don't forget the significant other will have quite a say as well.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Brighton are interested in a 22 year old, Spanish International from Barca's academy and posters are amazed other clubs are interested - get a fudging grip.

Albion 1.2 aren't anymore buying from Stansted FC with a sweaty palm clutching Sports Direct vouchers.

:bowdown::bowdown:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Why is it so fudging difficult for so many posters to understand the simple fudging fact:-

'THE AGENTS JOB IS TO GET THE BEST DEAL FOR HIS CLIENT'.

During the window they aren't 'playing' too many games.
They aren't dangling their player at club X hoping club Y come in for him.
They aren't just making up interest on Twitter.

Brighton are interested in a 22 year old, Spanish International from Barca's academy and posters are amazed other clubs are interested - get a fudging grip.

Albion 1.2 aren't anymore buying from Stansted FC with a sweaty palm clutching Sports Direct vouchers.
It's semantics. We are still getting played by the agent .... The agent will probably feign interest to Brighton then release the story to the press. I'm not crying over it , that's life and as you say that's the agents job.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if agents lie to the press about really big names being in for their player. Like athletico in this instance.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Well if he decides to go to Roma over us. That’s a shame but fair enough.

Quite different to choosing to go a farmers league with nice scenery.

Oh well, on to the next one then [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

sorry but is the part of that tweet where it says he would probably prefer to come to us written in secret code or something?

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Weird - I got a different tweet from the link in post 207 - mine said ‘ Jose's lurking but Cucurella's desire to play at left-back and the style of head coach Graham Potter favours Brighton.’ Yet not one person has so much as mentioned it whilst giving their opinions :lol: :facepalm:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
sorry but is the part of that tweet where it says he would probably prefer to come to us written in secret code or something?

Haha great minds - I literally was like ‘can they not see it’ :lol:

We’re a decent sized prem league club now - and we have a better manager than Jose ****ing Mourinho - wake up lads and lasses!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm not optimistic. Nicholas Gonzalez chose managerless, lower mid-table side Fiorentina over us, so considering Roma finished 7th, have Mourinho and are in Europe you'd expect Cucurella to choose them.

If he bins off the might of Rome for us he will already be halfway to legend status.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
To the tune of La Cucaracha:

Marc Cucurella, Marc Cucurella,
La la la la la la la la la

And repeat

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
To the tune of La Cucaracha:

And repeat

What kind of tit has a name with the same consonant at the end of the forename as the start of the surname?

Makes it so much harder to say.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
3 1/2 weeks. Seems a long time to complete these deals now that the beans have been split everywhere.

Does he mean ‘before the Olympics’, perhaps he is drunk.

The tweet says during the Olympics, the opening ceremony is a week tomorrow, however the men's football starts the day before that. So that's a time frame of some pont in the next three weeks. It's a lot harder to get a deal finalised when players are away on International duty and there is a lot less access to them and their international managers want them concentrating on the tournament they are competing in not worrying about a potential transfer.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The tweet says during the Olympics, the opening ceremony is a week tomorrow, however the men's football starts the day before that. So that's a time frame of some pont in the next three weeks. It's a lot harder to get a deal finalised when players are away on International duty and there is a lot less access to them and their international managers want them concentrating on the tournament they are competing in not worrying about a potential transfer.

Indeed. For a deal to be signed, there obviously has to be a thorough medical carried out, so even that will become something of a logistical headache for a player away on international duty (Brian Owen reported that Maty Ryan had his medical - for his move to Real Sociedad - done in the US where he was on vacation).

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
The Sancho to Man Utd deal was virtually sorted before the Euros with him having a medical afterwards. I expect Cucurella's agent can deal with personal terms on his behalf and we can agree a fee with the club, if the will is there with all parties.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here