Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Assuming if we meet the buy out clause it’s a straight fee and we don’t have to negotiate any further sell on clauses.

If they accept below the £18m quoted say £15m then they would probably want the a sell on clause.

For the sake of 3m (he says) hopefully this gets over the line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the release clause is met then under Spanish law the buying club have to pay tax on top. So a €15m release clause attracts a further €3m tax.

If Albion can negotiate a fee under the €15m they won’t have to stump up the tax on top.
Getafe for their part have no incentive to accept less.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
If the release clause is met then under Spanish law the buying club have to pay tax on top. So a €15m release clause attracts a further €3m tax.

If Albion can negotiate a fee under the €15m they won’t have to stump up the tax on top.

Other than a player loan. I give you EL DUFFY. :mad:

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013

Either way, Naylor/Argus will report the fee as 'much lower than the €15m quoted' so i wouldn't worry

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I don’t think I’ve wanted a signing to happen this much since Vicente! That might however be as we’ve not gone for a proven striker since Ulloa and Murray.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Roma in for him as well according to Naylor.

This one does seem like a long shot as he's coming from a team with European experience.

I suspect we've been played by the agent again

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We must be amassing quite a bit of money playing the patsy for getting the best price on forwards. Well at least I hope we are on a commission for a share of the price increase we are involved in :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why is it so fudging difficult for so many posters to understand the simple fudging fact:-

'THE AGENTS JOB IS TO GET THE BEST DEAL FOR HIS CLIENT'.

During the window they aren't 'playing' too many games.
They aren't dangling their player at club X hoping club Y come in for him.
They aren't just making up interest on Twitter.

Brighton are interested in a 22 year old, Spanish International from Barca's academy and posters are amazed other clubs are interested - get a fudging grip.

Albion 1.2 aren't anymore buying from Stansted FC with a sweaty palm clutching Sports Direct vouchers.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Roma in for him as well according to Naylor.

This one does seem like a long shot as he's coming from a team with European experience.

I suspect we've been played by the agent again

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Roma are touting around for a LB/LWB on the basis that Spinazzola is going to be out for 6-9 months due to the injury he picked up in the Euros. Any player considering Roma would have to factor in that:
1, Spinazzola is likely to come straight in to the team when he's back to full strength/fitness
2, Roma's manager doesn't give a shit about his players, and has a decades-long record of proving that

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Roma are touting around for a LB/LWB on the basis that Spinazzola is going to be out for 6-9 months due to the injury he picked up in the Euros. Any player considering Roma would have to factor in that:
1, Spinazzola is likely to come straight in to the team when he's back to full strength/fitness
2, Roma's manager doesn't give a shit about his players, and has a decades-long record of proving that

I’d also add in the contrasting playing styles between JM and GP. If you’re an attack-minded wingback, I know which of those two I’d rather play for.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Spinazzola's injury record is so bad I'm surprised we haven't singed him
I doubt he comes into the equation.

What might be more pressing is where can you see my Claudia spending her evenings, Rome or

Moulsecoomb?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Why is it so fudging difficult for so many posters to understand the simple fudging fact:-

'THE AGENTS JOB IS TO GET THE BEST DEAL FOR HIS CLIENT'.

During the window they aren't 'playing' too many games.
They aren't dangling their player at club X hoping club Y come in for him.
They aren't just making up interest on Twitter.

Brighton are interested in a 22 year old, Spanish International from Barca's academy and posters are amazed other clubs are interested - get a fudging grip.

Albion 1.2 aren't anymore buying from Stansted FC with a sweaty palm clutching Sports Direct vouchers.

Buy why would he want to sign for Roma rather then Brighton. He's ruining his career! :tantrum:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If he was going to be a clear starter here then it might be more of a contest between us and ‘roma until spinazzola is fit’ but would still have to factor in wages. As much as I like March very much, I think Cucurella would win the job hands down so I’m holding out some slight hope still, but perhaps am in the minority.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Buy why would he want to sign for Roma rather then Brighton. He's ruining his career! :tantrum:

There's no way Brighton (one of the planets 20 wealthiest clubs) can afford him anyway. :tantrum:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

To be fair, Serie A is a great league and Roma are a big, historic club so ordinarily I would expect any player to opt to go there ahead of us. BUT with that deluded dinosaur in charge, any decent, sane player on the up should not even consider them as an option.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Well if he decides to go to Roma over us. That’s a shame but fair enough.

Quite different to choosing to go a farmers league with nice scenery.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here