Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Manure Demand £50, Yes FIFTY, million for Harry Maguire.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
He signed a contract which stated he would be paid X amount for X number of seasons. If United want him to walk away from that contract why shouldn’t he look for a payout on guaranteed income he would receive if he stayed there. If people remove the emotion from the situation, it’s just a financial contract between an individual and a billion £ company.
presumably he wants to play for personal and professional pride. he has a choice, carry on in his current contract, out of favour and probably no more games, or move on to a new role. same as resigning from one position and finding another.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
presumably he wants to play for personal and professional pride. he has a choice, carry on in his current contract, out of favour and probably no more games, or move on to a new role. same as resigning from one position and finding another.
Now said he's happy to stay and take the money. The only big games he'll get is for England, no way on earth Southgate will drop him

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A difficult one for Slabhead, guess it depends if he wants to play or not. If so taking a pay cut seems like the only option.
His preference is clearly for bench warming and more money. When you think about it, less work for less cash is a difficult choice to ignore.

Still, Southgate will select him so his England career won’t be affected either way. Not a lot of professional pride but the money will make him feel a bit better about that.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
His preference is clearly for bench warming and more money. When you think about it, less work for less cash is a difficult choice to ignore.

Still, Southgate will select him so his England career won’t be affected either way. Not a lot of professional pride but the money will make him feel a bit better about that.
Well he's got two years left, but the West Ham contract was only a third less and I'd presume 3 years minimum so the same amount of guaranteed money, and I'm sure he'd have got a contribution from United.
What wages is he going to get after another season of only a few rather poor appearances?
Ok wait two and there's a d signing on fee to be had if anyone wants him.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Well he's got two years left, but the West Ham contract was only a third less and I'd presume 3 years minimum so the same amount of guaranteed money, and I'm sure he'd have got a contribution from United.
What wages is he going to get after another season of only a few rather poor appearances?
Ok wait two and there's a d signing on fee to be had if anyone wants him.
Maguire is a decent CB but needs to be playing for a team that doesn't press high up the pitch.

I was at the Man U V Athletic Bilbao pre-season game in Dublin the weekend before last (absolute rip-off - but that's another story). Man U were very lazy at the start of the game and Maguire was responsible for giving the ball away for the Bilbao goal with a lazy pass. But in my opinion he was the best player on the pitch during the game. As long as the game was in front of him he coped with everything without difficulty. What was impressive was his passing out of defence - time and again he pinged passes from one side of the pitch diagonally across to the other with pin-point accuracy. He started most of Man Utd's attacking threats with his passing and he did set up the equalising goal. By the way Jonny Evans played well when he came on as a sub - Man Utd should never have left him go when they did.

If Maguire ended up at West Ham I think he would be a very good signing for Moyes - but it all comes down to money as with everything in football these days.

Reactions: SAC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here