Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manuel Onwu Villafrance & Jesse Lingard

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not bothered about either TBH. Felt that Jesse was quite light at this level, easily knocked off the ball. Got more used to the pace towards the end of the loan, so perhaps he'll be ok.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Hope the Lingard bit is true, but somehow I think it's poor journalism and the author of the piece is referring to when he came in on loan to us last season.
Someone needs to tell the guy that SH wasn't the manager then.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
So in conclusion, that article states three "facts" about our signings so far.

1. We've signed Jesse Lingaard (we haven't).
2. Toko is a striker (he isn't).
3. We're going to bid 600k for a 1 in 3 seasons striker.

I'd suggest the truth of the third fact should be heavily doubted.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
DM article says Bolton, Bournemouth and Sheff Weds, are also showing interest in Villafrance.

Can only think Bournemouth's multi-£m Lallana cut, makes them think they can see off far bigger clubs like us.
Bournemouth are a tiny club in my opinion.

Dec 29, 2011
Not bothered about either TBH. Felt that Jesse was quite light at this level, easily knocked off the ball. Got more used to the pace towards the end of the loan, so perhaps he'll be ok.

I think Hyypias style will suit his game more. He is good at counterattacking and Garcias slow build up didn't really play into his hands. Would be happy with a season long loan as I think he has potential to be a good player in this division.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The writer has been accused of making stories and interviews up in the past so it's probably BS

It sounds like it is made up but why would you bother? I seriously doubt many people who read the Daily Mail care about either part of the story and most people probably haven't heard of Manuel Onwu.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009

This.

In passing I thought Jara looked ok at fullback for Chile and according to some has been released by Notts Forest.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
DM article says Bolton, Bournemouth and Sheff Weds, are also showing interest in Villafrance.

Can only think Bournemouth's multi-£m Lallana cut, makes them think they can see off far bigger clubs like us.
Bournemouth are a tiny club in my opinion.

reaping the rewards of their academy set up more like !

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Why would Manchester United send anyone out on loan before the new manager has had a chance to look at him? Not logical.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here