Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manuel Onwu Villafrance & Jesse Lingard

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's Spanish , which means in 2013 he'd have been flair-tastic!!

in 2014............not so much

Ah, but this one is only half Spainish, and half NIGERIAN. That's got to count for something!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Would be pretty happy with Lingard, but the jury would very much be out on the Villa-whateverhisnameactuallyis guy, 1 goal in 3 seasons is, well, crap.

In comparison, Gordon Greer has more goals, in fact - all our defenders have a better record.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The piece also calls Toko a '23 year old striker', so if that's the level of accuracy, I guess we shouldn't pay it much heed...

Yoda

English & European
I'm trying to work out who Sami's first two signings are, if he's to be our third. Toko was before Hyypia joined us and we've yet to see any confirmation of Jesse.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Absolutely DELIGHTED if true re: Lingard.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The Lingard bit is clearly just a lazy journalist getting confused. I'm pretty sure had we actually signed him again on loan (which I'm not ruling out) we would have announced it.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
"And new Brighton boss Sami Hyypia wants to make him the Seagulls' third signing of the summer having already brought in Manchester United's Jesse Lingard on loan and 23-year-old striker Nzuki Toko on a free transfer."

That's more than speculation... that suggests its a done deal!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
"And new Brighton boss Sami Hyypia wants to make him the Seagulls' third signing of the summer having already brought in Manchester United's Jesse Lingard on loan and 23-year-old striker Nzuki Toko on a free transfer."

That's more than speculation... that suggests its a done deal!

He didn't even bring in Toko he signed weeks before he was manager

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'm sure LVG would want to have a look at Lingard before sending him out on loan again - he's a bit busy at the moment though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here