Man Citeh v Barca

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Barca could have scored when they wanted. I'm not creaming myself over barca but they were on a different planet, city were rubbish.

Feel very proud and lucky to have oscar Garcia as our manager if he is highly rated by barca that's good enough for me.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree, a couple of years ago they were amazing.

Now less so, but people still talk about them in the same way.

I do wonder if anything will happen regarding the Neymar thing, or uefa will just ignore it as it's barca

Uefa ignore far greater things. Some interesting articles over the last few months in the 'broadsheets' about how ParisSG, until very recently an insignificant european and french club on the pitch and financially (and with little TV money compared to the PL clubs and Bayern/Barca/Real) are blatantly circumventing FFP in a way that makes ManC and Chelski's accounting of commercial income look fair and realistic.

Platini dominated UEFA don't like the subject cropping up.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
When you play in arguably the easiest major league in Europe your best players will be well rested

Indeed. How would they fare against the likes of West Ham or Southampton? Much harder than Celta Vigo and Valencia who occupy the same positions in La Liga. Not.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The referee was awful - blowing for fouls at the slightest of touches. I thought football was a contact sport?

Its the reason I am not bothered about champions league or the world cup it's spoilt by diving, the waving of imaginary cards, and pathetic officials who one buy into the previous reasons and then secondly give free kicks for the slightest touch.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Even in decline Barca were comfortably ahead all game and they didn't even have to break sweat.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Even in decline Barca were comfortably ahead all game and they didn't even have to break sweat.

And away from home against an incredibly expensively assembled ManC squad/team, hyped up by the xenophobic english media.

ManC have some way to go still to match europe's best. Some more £100m in the next few transfer windows, plus more experience in the CL might bridge that gap.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
City aren't the same side without Aguero. They could also do with a decent centre back to partner Kompany. Barca looked a class act. I counted 31 passes in a row in the last 90 seconds prior to the final whistle, City couldn't get near them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They could also do with a decent centre back to partner Kompany.

They have them: Lescott, Nastasic and even Richards. For some inexplicable reason Pellegrini insists on persevering with the dreadful Demichelis.

Dec 29, 2011
Barcalona won because they played two up top and.....oh.

Barca have quality players who have been playing that style of football for most of their lives. Do you think Barca's tactics on a Sunday league team would work? How about a League 2 team? Where does the level of ability start when their type of football becomes effective? Making a smug comment about using the same tactics as Barcelona doesn't really work when the squads are of completely different abilities.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Euro Globe Trotter Soccer Ball has as much interest to me as a Crystal Palace training session, but I just caught the result on the BBC News Site.

I overheard someone last week describing Manchester City as the best club side currently in Europe.

I guess the person was mistaken.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
How the hell did Celtic manage to beat them only a year ago?

It was just a freak result. Have a look at the stats from that game -

Barcelona 66% possession and 25 shots (14 on target) v Celtic 34% possession and just three shots (all on target - two of which they scored from!).

(...bit like us v Bolton last season!)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Let's not fool ourselves here. That was Barca in second gear and slightly cranking it up to third for a bit....

And they still completely outclassed our most potent attacking force :lolol:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
And away from home against an incredibly expensively assembled ManC squad/team, hyped up by the xenophobic english media.

ManC have some way to go still to match europe's best. Some more £100m in the next few transfer windows, plus more experience in the CL might bridge that gap.

How can the English media get xenophobic about a team which contained ONE English player in the starting X1? It's a bloody joke. There was nothing "English" about that Manchester City side.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Let's not fool ourselves here. That was Barca in second gear and slightly cranking it up to third for a bit....

And they still completely outclassed our most potent attacking force :lolol:

But they didn't. Firstly, apart from anything else, most people seem to be saying it was a very even game until that muppet got sent off. Secondly, Sergio Aguero wasn't even playing.

I actually think that tie could still have proven very interesting if it had stayed at 0-1. As it is, I just don't see City scoring 2 unanswered goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports