[Albion] Make this make sense

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Where did I say I’m annoyed with the club?
I said it doesn’t make sense, I still don’t think it does. I’m annoyed with myself.
This forum used to be somewhere to post feelings (good and bad) without being attacked by f***ing cretins.
As for “no offence” go f*** yourself.
This sounds like you’re at least a tad annoyed with the club to be honest

I then received an email explaining that I had now been registered to buy for Athens but in tier 3 as I had not registered in time. WTF?
I called the club and asked what was the point of this? They couldn’t give me an answer, it was the adult equivalent of “because I said so”.
I’m trying for the life of me to understand what putting me down a tier achieves. I’m not near the bottom of tier 2 so had I registered properly I’d have been tier 2 anyway and I doubt my single registration would have messed up the tiering. They may have well just said sorry you messed up so you can’t register for all the use tier 3 is.

This feels like bureaucracy for the sake of it.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I said it doesn’t make sense, I still don’t think it does. I’m annoyed with myself.
This forum used to be somewhere to post feelings (good and bad) without being attacked by f***ing cretins.
Sounds like you are annoyed with the way you’ve been treated, and annoyed with the policy, which seems to amount to being annoyed with the club. And it’s ok to be annoyed if you think it’s a bad policy. But equally, it’s ok for people to (politely) disagree with you.

What you regard as "being attacked by f***ing cretins" is just people disagreeing with you. Seems you want to post your feelings without allowing anyone to put another point of view.

Yours faithfully,
A f***ing Cretin

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
This is very “no free shirt for seven year old”.
I think that is a bit harsh on the OP. I pre registered for Marseille, the screen shot then came up saying your order had been processed straightaway, but for some reason I hadn’t actually pre registered which I only found out on the day the tickets went on sale. I guess I was just lucky that it didn’t sell out and I could rejoin the queue in Tier 2.

andy_lee007uk

Oct 21, 2005
Surrey Seagull
Have you thought about anger Management classes?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
To be fair to the club, they were very clear early doors in saying you MUST pre register in order to buy tickets.

I wouldn't expect the club to then go against that and just put people straight in to the tier corresponding to their points because a supporter forgets or makes a mistake.

I'd be kicking myself if it was me and I get mistakes happen, but I don't think I'm alone in checking I got a confirmation email and then checking that. If not, I'd be on to the club to make sure I was in that pre reg quota
I'm sure he is. There's an issue with folk registering with no intention of going. This seems an example of someone screwing up with every intention of going.

The former causes the club problems; the whole intention was to understand true numbers that would be going.

The latter doesn't, unless theres a wholesale f***ing up moment, which I struggle to believe.

The lumping in to have a go is really shitty I feel. But that's not that unusual here. I recall someone pointing out abusive behaviour in the south west stand only for a bunch of odd balls to have a go.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I thought the pre-registration was to gauge numbers to then work out the tiers - if I’m correct then I’d say it is unfair to move down to a lower tier, you spent quite a considerable sum of money getting the points and you should be in your deserved tier.

I doubt that it will make a material difference to the tiers, a handful of tickets either way.

The club should allow people in and keep their tiers.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I thought the pre-registration was to gauge numbers to then work out the tiers - if I’m correct then I’d say it is unfair to move down to a lower tier, you spent quite a considerable sum of money getting the points and you should be in your deserved tier.

I doubt that it will make a material difference to the tiers, a handful of tickets either way.

The club should allow people in and keep their tiers.
So are you saying, there should have been no need to pre register?
You could simply wait for the deadline to pass then contact the club and say “oh I want in” and then simply be entered into the system where you would have been had you pre registered?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I'm sure he is. There's an issue with folk registering with no intention of going. This seems an example of someone screwing up with every intention of going.

The former causes the club problems; the whole intention was to understand true numbers that would be going.

The latter doesn't, unless theres a wholesale f***ing up moment, which I struggle to believe.

The lumping in to have a go is really shitty I feel. But that's not that unusual here. I recall someone pointing out abusive behaviour in the south west stand only for a bunch of odd balls to have a go.
I really don’t think there’s a "lumping in to have a go" here. The problem with the OP's messages here is that he’s been quite aggressive not just about his perceived treatment by the club but towards anyone who tries to say that there may well be good reasons for the policy. It’s that old cliché about treating others how you want to be treated yourself. If he wades in, calling people "f***ing cretins" for disagreeing with him then he’s going to get it back.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
So are you saying, there should have been no need to pre register?
You could simply wait for the deadline to pass then contact the club and say “oh I want in” and then simply be entered into the system where you would have been had you pre registered?
Yes because the pre-registration was to get an understanding of how many people wanted tickets, it wasn’t a sort of pre-sale.

The important bit here is the money and effort the OP put into getting their tier status.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I messed up when I pre-registered for the EL aways, I thought I’d registered for Ajax & Athens but it turned out that I’d only registered for Ajax. Panic.
I called the club and basically begged, the upshot being that they said if I’d booked flights before 25th Sep registration deadline then to send them proof and they would accept I’d made a mistake and would register me. Phew!
So I sent the proof over.
I’m tier 2, about 20 points below tier 1.
I then received an email explaining that I had now been registered to buy for Athens but in tier 3 as I had not registered in time. WTF?
I called the club and asked what was the point of this? They couldn’t give me an answer, it was the adult equivalent of “because I said so”.
I’m trying for the life of me to understand what putting me down a tier achieves. I’m not near the bottom of tier 2 so had I registered properly I’d have been tier 2 anyway and I doubt my single registration would have messed up the tiering. They may have well just said sorry you messed up so you can’t register for all the use tier 3 is.
This feels like bureaucracy for the sake of it. However I realise this is personal to me and I accept I messed up the admin, so NSC am I wrong with being slightly miffed by this or can anyone think of a valid reason why this ‘punishment’ makes sense?

People in Tier 3 who registered correctly don't deserve to have you skip them in the queue.

You messed up and should be thankful the club are accommodating you.

Wallace

Nov 9, 2016
The Issue here is that it has a knock on effect further down the tiers. I'm Albion+ (I live 500 miles away) so I've only got a slim chance of picking up a ticket however I would be really pissed off if I missed out to someone who hadn't pre registered, it makes a mockery of the whole system. Like you I booked all 3 fixtures up before tickets went on sale, we all knew we had to pre register, you f***ed up, I haven't but you are now in front of me in the que and you're the one that's crying about it, ffs

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If you continue like this I do not think we will be seeing much more of you.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
The Issue here is that it has a knock on effect further down the tiers. I'm Albion+ (I live 500 miles away) so I've only got a slim chance of picking up a ticket however I would be really pissed off if I missed out to someone who hadn't pre registered, it makes a mockery of the whole system. Like you I booked all 3 fixtures up before tickets went on sale, we all knew we had to pre register, you f***ed up, I haven't but you are now in front of me in the que and you're the one that's crying about it, ffs
I'd say those going to games and totting up the points should get the priority. Registration was to gauge demand.

Personally I'd like to see registration with payment for the ticket, the commitment with registration. That way the club has full knowledge of committed numbers, unlike what happened at marseille.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I'd say those going to games and totting up the points should get the priority. Registration was to gauge demand.

Personally I'd like to see registration with payment for the ticket, the commitment with registration. That way the club has full knowledge of committed numbers, unlike what happened at marseille.
I want to agree about making provisional payment with registration to guarantee commitment but I’m unsure about the practical details eg many people might be willing to go but won’t know about work rotas, family commitments etc, until nearer the time—not to mention last minute accidents, COVID etc.

Like a of people, I’ve mulled over ways to improve the way this all works, and in the end I’m thinking that though imperfect, the current system is probably the least imperfect of the lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports