Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Make this make sense

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I want to agree about making provisional payment with registration to guarantee commitment but I’m unsure about the practical details eg many people might be willing to go but won’t know about work rotas, family commitments etc, until nearer the time—not to mention last minute accidents, COVID etc.

Like a of people, I’ve mulled over ways to improve the way this all works, and in the end I’m thinking that though imperfect, the current system is probably the least imperfect of the lot.
Could be. Certainly not easy, no absolute right way for sure

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
If the OP received the automatically generated email confirmation of pre-registration for Ajax, did the absence of the same for AEK not raise a suspicion that it had not actually happened? There would have been time to check and rectify at that time.
Yep, I certainly checked, rechecked and screenshot the order.

But, that's because I had prior experience of securing 6 tickets for Glastonbury and only settling up final payment for 5. Their error, but I didn't check. Guess who's ticket it was? Jesus, what a shitstorm. She was convinced I'd done it deliberately. Blood still runs cold thinking about that

Once bitten.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

But, that's because I had prior experience of securing 6 tickets for Glastonbury and only settling up final payment for 5. Their error, but I didn't check. Guess who's ticket it was? Jesus, what a shitstorm. She was convinced I'd done it deliberately. Blood still runs cold thinking about that

Once bitten.
Did you go onto GlastoburyChat and call people f***ing cretins? :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Once bitten.
Never done this BUT I did buy tickets for a band me and the wife really wanted to see, in a venue we really wanted to go to….only to get the date wrong and turn up the day after.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
It’s got to be said “cretin” with or without the “fuckin” is seriously underrated as an insult, it’ll certainly get me through the working day today, especially if I’m bitter and angry after being unsuccessful again in another 9 a.m bunfight

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s got to be said “cretin” with or without the “fuckin” is seriously underrated as an insult, it’ll certainly get me through the working day today, especially if I’m bitter and angry after being unsuccessful again in another 9 a.m bunfight

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Surely we can all agree that while some are still not happy with the clubs stance it most definitely does make sense?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I recently wrote to the National Lottery explaining that I had forgotten to buy my Euro Millions ticket but had intended to select the winning numbers.

They wrote back and offered me £5m.

Five million! f***ing cretins. The jackpot was for £50m! I ask you! It's so unfair!!!

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Surely we can all agree that while some are still not happy with the clubs stance it most definitely does make sense?
No sorry, it feels unfair on the people who have spent so much money.

I’m probably in the minority but if everyone had the same opinions then the world would be pretty boring :)

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
North Stand Cretins has got a ring to it.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
To be fair to the OP a pal of mine found himself in a similarish situation.

Insists he registered for both games but for some reason never got the email for Athens. Rang the club last week and they told him he wasn't registered for Athens. They asked him to prove travel etc etc which he did and he got an email from someone in the ticket office saying all is good and he had been put into tier 1 manually.

Friday arrived, went to buy tickets and the button was greyed out. Rang the club again and went through the same rigmarole as he had earlier in the week. Club said he wasn't registered etc. Eventually got to spoke to the same bloke as he had earlier in the week and they told him it was too late to do anything for tier one but they would put him in tier two. I assume/hope he's been able to buy one this morning.

Not good from the club and judging by the similar gripes on here he probably wasn't the only person in that boat. The pre-registration requirement seems a bit of a waste of time IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here