Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Make this make sense

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm just going to call the club whenever I screw up and quote the case of @Milano vs Brighton & Hove Albion and expect something to be done.

Anyhow, 2 hours to go before we discover whether Milano is...

Crystal Palace Dancing GIF

or

luis suarez GIF

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be fair to the OP a pal of mine found himself in a similarish situation.

Insists he registered for both games but for some reason never got the email for Athens. Rang the club last week and they told him he wasn't registered for Athens. They asked him to prove travel etc etc which he did and he got an email from someone in the ticket office saying all is good and he had been put into tier 1 manually.

Friday arrived, went to buy tickets and the button was greyed out. Rang the club again and went through the same rigmarole as he had earlier in the week. Club said he wasn't registered etc. Eventually got to spoke to the same bloke as he had earlier in the week and they told him it was too late to do anything for tier one but they would put him in tier two. I assume/hope he's been able to buy one this morning.

Not good from the club and judging by the similar gripes on here he probably wasn't the only person in that boat. The pre-registration requirement seems a bit of a waste of time IMO.
As I said a few weeks ago when the Athens tiers were announced and the points were a lot lower than expected….i imagined there would be quite a few who registered but mysteriously didn’t get a confirmation email and didn’t follow up at the time they “registered”. :wink:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
My mate's in tier 3 he reckons it's shithouse, especially now extra people have suddenly been put in it.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm just going to call the club whenever I screw up and quote the case of @Milano vs Brighton & Hove Albion and expect something to be done.

Anyhow, 2 hours to go before we discover whether Milano is...

Crystal Palace Dancing GIF

or

luis suarez GIF
So, are you more Pardew or more Hodgson @Milano?

I'm sure all is forgiven and we're rooting for you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I disagree. I think the club have been clear about the ticketing process and also flexible and fair with cases like the one here; flexible and fair whilst also upholding the integrity of the scheme. Let’s not forget the process is in place to reduce empty seats and in-turn ensure as many fans get to the games as possible…surely this is what we all want?
Yes, but their wording is often very harsh and unnecessary.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
To be fair to the OP a pal of mine found himself in a similarish situation.

Insists he registered for both games but for some reason never got the email for Athens. Rang the club last week and they told him he wasn't registered for Athens. They asked him to prove travel etc etc which he did and he got an email from someone in the ticket office saying all is good and he had been put into tier 1 manually.

Friday arrived, went to buy tickets and the button was greyed out. Rang the club again and went through the same rigmarole as he had earlier in the week. Club said he wasn't registered etc. Eventually got to spoke to the same bloke as he had earlier in the week and they told him it was too late to do anything for tier one but they would put him in tier two. I assume/hope he's been able to buy one this morning.

Not good from the club and judging by the similar gripes on here he probably wasn't the only person in that boat. The pre-registration requirement seems a bit of a waste of time IMO.

My one and only experience with Customer Services was regarding my ST, not the same situation but the same result. After several calls over it, I was told to send in a full email explaining the situation and when I chased it up, was told that no matter what I was too late as the date had passed by then to do anything about it. The whole service was pretty crap and I was just given the run around rather than someone be upfront from the start and waste no end of time waiting on the phone to be connected, writing the email etc...

andy_lee007uk

Oct 21, 2005
Surrey Seagull
My one and only experience with Customer Services was regarding my ST, not the same situation but the same result. After several calls over it, I was told to send in a full email explaining the situation and when I chased it up, was told that no matter what I was too late as the date had passed by then to do anything about it. The whole service was pretty crap and I was just given the run around rather than someone be upfront from the start and waste no end of time waiting on the phone to be connected, writing the email etc...
The person/people taking the call may have asked for a written explanation so they could pass it onto a higher member of staff/Manager.

They may not have known the answer protocol to your particular situation so seeked guidance. You'd be pretty miffed if at the start they just said "nope... not happening". As opposed to saying "could you put what has happened/you want to happen in writing to us so we can look into please?".

To say that the whole service was "crap" and that you we're given the "run around" is quite harsh on the team without giving full context as to what it was you we're asking?

My work position often results in me having to seek further guidance/authority. I always do my best too promise that we will try to accommodate requests wherever possible, but that the reality is that this is often not possible, if a deadline for example has passed.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Yes, but their wording is often very harsh and unnecessary.
I think "very harsh" is very harsh. Can you give an example? The thing about possible sanctions for not telling the club about non-attendance (at away EL matches) for instance, much discussed in another thread, is taken from the club's terms and conditions. This 'small print' is never supposed to be comfy PR prose but a starkly legalistic statement of fact. Sometimes you have to be a bit uncompromising in the way you set out information to ensure that customers take it seriously.

Unless you tell us what your ST issue was, it’s impossible to tell whether it was you or the club at fault here. But it seems wrong to bad-mouth their customer service team based on one incident. If they HAD been 'upfront' about it and told you 'no' straight away, would you have been happy? Or would you be on here complaining that you weren’t asked to submit more information in an email? My occasional queries about extra tickets, swapping seats etc., have always been dealt with quickly and efficiently, so my impression of them is far more positive.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
My own opinion is that it is good of the club to do anything at all for people who missed the deadline, although I appreciate that won’t be popular given your circumstances.

Certainly it works as a solution for people who would have been in tier 1 and therefore end up being in tier 2. But I accept it is far more damaging to be moved from tier 2 to tier 3.

So you think everybody on NSC should shed a tier for you?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Surely we can all agree that while some are still not happy with the clubs stance it most definitely does make sense?
I don't think so. Perhaps it would if they did similar to those exploiting the system in the teir 3 Athens debacle.

That is an example of deliberate and calculated rule breaking and shitting all over fellow supporters. If they take all tickets away for those involved in that then there would be some consistency at least.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
As I said a few weeks ago when the Athens tiers were announced and the points were a lot lower than expected….i imagined there would be quite a few who registered but mysteriously didn’t get a confirmation email and didn’t follow up at the time they “registered”. :wink:
That was Amsterdam surely, points much lower than folk predicted. Athens, given cost snd time to travel, was higher than anticipated.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That was Amsterdam surely, points much lower than folk predicted. Athens, given cost snd time to travel, was higher than anticipated.
Amsterdam had a much bigger allocation so it kind of makes sense though ? Also suspect Athens had more registering ’just in case’ with lower intentions of travelling (maybe hedging their bets if they didn’t get an Ajax ticket).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I said it after Athens. The points needed for AEK is a lot lower than me, and many friends, anticipated. I was amazed I snuck into tier 1 for a game with only 1300 tickets. I imagine others felt they had little chance and didn’t register.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just to provide some balance, I have been dealing with supporter services regarding these European games. My previously good health took a serious nose dive towards the end of last year so I needed their help, assistance and guidance to get to these games. The level of support was, and still is, quite astonishing; I do not use this term lightly either. I will go as far as saying it made the difference between going and not going.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I don't think so. Perhaps it would if they did similar to those exploiting the system in the teir 3 Athens debacle.

That is an example of deliberate and calculated rule breaking and shitting all over fellow supporters. If they take all tickets away for those involved in that then there would be some consistency at least.
Well I've missed that debacle so someone will have to point out how that's relevant to this.
Tier 1 is set so that everyone is guaranteed a ticket. As soon as another person is retrospectively added that may not be true. Resetting the tiers is a huge administrative ballache and unfair on others so the "would have been tier 1" fan is dropped to tier 2.
Tier 2 to 3 is less cut and dried but while changes to every system will be unfair to some it is clearly logical to follow the precedent already set.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
@Milano - when tier 3 goes on sale, they may or may not close the ticket exchange just before. I would try and login just before and put your one ticket in the basket, so that you can check it out straight away. Some strange answers here, the upshot of this is that should we ever be lucky enough to be in this position again, I am sure that plenty of people will apply for all games regardless of whether they really intend to go, just in case they have a last minute change of heart. This won't help anyone.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
@Milano - when tier 3 goes on sale, they may or may not close the ticket exchange just before. I would try and login just before and put your one ticket in the basket, so that you can check it out straight away. Some strange answers here, the upshot of this is that should we ever be lucky enough to be in this position again, I am sure that plenty of people will apply for all games regardless of whether they really intend to go, just in case they have a last minute change of heart. This won't help anyone.
I do not see this being an issue, all it means is that all the tier lower bounds will be a bit higher and sales will be spread out across more tiers as uptake in each band will be less. That said, if you do believe it has a negative impact on supporters it's hardly the club's fault.

No system is perfect but I really do feel that, on balance, the club have got this right and with the best intentions i.e. getting as many of the most loyal supporters to these games.

Last edited:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Well I've missed that debacle so someone will have to point out how that's relevant to this.
Tier 1 is set so that everyone is guaranteed a ticket. As soon as another person is retrospectively added that may not be true. Resetting the tiers is a huge administrative ballache and unfair on others so the "would have been tier 1" fan is dropped to tier 2.
Tier 2 to 3 is less cut and dried but while changes to every system will be unfair to some it is clearly logical to follow the precedent already set.
Very good point! Don't go looking at the Athens debacle, it's a debacle. Cretins yet to be identified!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Agree, but don’t tell everyone that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here