Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Major clear out in the summer.....

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
What is a concern is that Prem managers are beginning to notice Ulloa...Wigan and Hull mangers have said that the big guy up front caused them problems...

All footballers' agents look out for the best deal for them/their client, so I don't think Ulloa's ability will be any secret. In a perverse way, if he's already focused him mind on playing in the Premiership, the attention he attracts can only raise his stock value. The worst case scenario is he tells his agent and the club he wants out (like Bridcutt did) and he ends up going to somewhere like Leicester or (god forbid) Palace for say £3m. It's all well and good saying 'Tony Bloom will just turn down the offers' but if the player really wants out, it's not in the interest of any party to force him to stay.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Please god I hope we offer Orlandi a new 2 year deal.

I expect Bruno, Koosh, Andrews, Rodriguez, Ward, Lopez, Obika and Hoskins all to go or not be retained.

UNless Bruno and Koosh are happy to accept reduced terms, which i doubt.

All in an effort to get with FFP.

Would be a bit of a waste not to offer Hoskins a contract of some sorts after all the effort and money put in to his recovery. I think he'd be a quality squad member at this level.

The others I agree with; although Ward will probably be offered a contract, albeit less than what his current Wolves contract pays him.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Release/Sold:

Brezovan
Ankegren
Bruno
Lopez
Andrews
Rodriguez
Buckley (Sunderland)
Ulloa (lower end Prem side)

And a few of the Dev squad no doubt.

I'm not sure about CMS & Hoskins, if they both come back strong and quick then it's worth keeping both. Hoskins I would give a 6 month contract to see how he gets on.

I think we need to get in the following:
GK understudy to PIG
Ward (if wages allow)
A new Right Back
A quick, youngish (less than 30) centreback
Another goal scoring midfielder (in case Crofts doesn't come back as good)
Winger
Striker (2 if Ulloa sold)

I don't think there will be a huge clearout as the squad itself is still top 10 material, just needs a few tweaks to get us into the top 4.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Andrea Orlandi is our most creative player. Would be disappointed if he left.

He is never fit enough to warrant being disappointed if he left. Despite his obvious talent, he it too much of a luxury and would rather the money was spent on someone who doesn't spend half of his time on the treatment table.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He is never fit enough to warrant being disappointed if he left. Despite his obvious talent, he it too much of a luxury and would rather the money was spent on someone who doesn't spend half of his time on the treatment table.

Was fit enough to lead the team in terms of assists last season.

But agree, it has been frustrating not to see more of his this term. He is hardly alone in having a spell out though is he?

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I'm not convinced by your choice of players out, but i reckon we will getrid of a lot, and probally some crowd favourites. I would think this is why none of the Bridcutt and Barnes transfer money has been spent

Obviously FFP was a big factor, but like you, I've had a feeling the Bridcutt and Barnes money wasn't blown, because Oscar will want to rebuild the team in his own image in the summer. I think the club was treating this season as a transitional period from the Gus fall out. Stick with a team that nearly got us up and not make wholesale changes with a new boss coming in.
I think 1 or 2 of the keepers will go, probably Koosh. So will Greer, Augustien, Lopez, Buckley, and we'll have to fight off a lot of interest for Ulloa.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think we need the following

We need to make space for Walton so I would let both reserve keepers go. I'd keep Tommy if the price is right, but failing that

We need to reduce the overall age of the back four, which I think was a factor in El Abd leaving. For that reason I'd let Bruno go and look for a 1st team RB, disappointed to see Adam Smith go to Bournemouth as I think he was ideal. I'd also be looking for serious competition for Greer from another young CB on the upgrade. I'd keep Ward if there is a deal to be done.

Midfield, I think we need more options in terms of goal threat. I'd be looking at spending on an attacking midfielder and at least one new wide player. Both need to have pace and an eye for goal. I'd accept a decent offer for Buckley, because of the injury problems, but would also be happy to keep him if he can find his fitness. Lua Lua I'm less sure about and I'm not sure he is ever going to be a consistent performer at this level. Much for me would depend upon his wage demands...

Personally, I would sell CMS, for the right price and let Hoskins go. Neither are the answer IMO and at 30 this might be our last chance to get money for CMS although obviously his injury problems make that difficult. Spanish Rod has shown nothing to suggest he is the answer at this level and assuming that does not change between now and the end of the season I would let him go too.

While this side may yet surprise us, I think we they are short of the quality required to get promoted and are at an age where they probably need to be broken up.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
A mini-clearout is inevitable. Oscar still pretty much has all of Gus' squad and will want players to fit his style more. Wouldnt expect too many leaving though.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
i would expect to see ankergren, brezovan , rodriguez and agustien released, kuszczak, buckley, ulloa, orlandi, cms, greer and Bruno sold. A new goalkeeper, centre back, right back,left back (ward), creative midfielder, 2 wingers and 2 strikers bought in.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
If TK does stay he should spend the whole summer learning how to kick a football.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
i would expect to see ankergren, brezovan , rodriguez and agustien released, kuszczak, buckley, ulloa, orlandi, cms, greer and Bruno sold. A new goalkeeper, centre back, right back,left back (ward), creative midfielder, 2 wingers and 2 strikers bought in.

A busy summer then.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Tomas will leave, unless by some miracle we go up.

The other two keepers will leave.

We will bring in two new keepers, with Walton becoming number three.

+++

The back four plus Calde will hopefully all stay, although as others have said, Ward may go back to wolves if they go up.

Kemy has, I believe a three year contract, not sure how easy it will be to get rid of him.

Also to go- Andrews, Spanish Dave, Rodriguez.

Hopefully Orlanidi stays, I would give JFC another year too, along with KLL.

Buckley will stay. Ulloa I'm not sure about, everybody has a price.

CMS, Hoskins both another year.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Id get rid of

Brezovan - was useless vs Hull for defo was the difference between the two sides
Andrews - Not done enough to merit signing him, is just a okay player
Rodriguez - Not done anything so far, i was quite impressed with his work rate and pace to begin with but im not seeing anything skilful or dangerous about him.
Agustien - when seen him play looks overweight, lazy and uninterested. Not upto the level we need.
Ankergren - Not good enough to play for our club anymore
Lopez - last season was exceptional this year very average
Obika - Very poor player in my opinion just offers NOTHING
Buckley - for his wages and potential he is not worth keeping, he is never fit for more than 2 games and his assists and goals is becoming worse. Gone backwards in development, id sell for 2 million personally.

Not sure about

Bruno - Not sure - has brillant games and then games where think we could do better
Dunk - Had good games vs Hull in both and maybe could play a part in our future, still young, i was a defo no keeper at beginning of year
Hoskins - see how he is after injury as i think he had potential and hasnt had a chance for us really
Crofts - 1st year was quite poor this season was good until his injury - so see how comes back from
Orlandi - Obviousally one of bigger wage earners at club, sometimes can be a game changer but also lately some games doesnt offer much, and his amount of games available is it worth it ?
Calderon - been brillant for club and a great face around club, but can he offer us that for many more seasons, im thinking maybe one more
Dickinson - not seen enough of to know more about

Keep

Greer - A great leader and i think has had another good season
Stephens - Looks decent player with good work rate - give him time
Mackail smith - with Ulloa could be lethal, id love to see us give a chance with Ulloa next season and see what happens
Chicksen - Looks good of what seen of him
Ward - been brillant replacement for Bridge and was right decision not matching readings offer, as ward played more games and been superb, id really try and sign him
Forster caskey - needs to be quicker on the ball but has talent and young
Ulloa - the Main man for our club and we should build around him a lethal finisher at times
Upson - been amazing again - give new contract please
Lua Lua - I think been very unlucky to not start more games, as looks dangerous when plays on the wing, crossing still not great at times and sometimes lacks consistency but he is exciting player
March - Looks maybe our next young talent - ps why id sell Buckley looks really skilful and quick feet, a real big future for this lad
Kusczkak - Gotta keep as brillant leader of defence and someone who defence has confidence in
Ince - What a year he has had - gets better and better - my player of year this year by a MILE.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Agustien has another year on his contract; he'll be tricky to off load.

You never know though, he might surprise us all by actually applying himself and making the most of his talents, instead of just writing motivational quotes on twitter.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

We cant sell Kuszczak, Orlandi or Bruno as they're all out of contract in the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here