Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Major clear out in the summer.....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Don't disagree although not sure we'll get £7m for him

In which case I'm sure we won't let him go.

With 3 years left on Leo's contract at the end of the season, I can't see anything under 8 million being acceptable.

Didn't we turn down 6 million last summer ???

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Who do people really believe we need to move on in the summer, if we find ourselves preparing for another season in the championship next season. As I strongly suspect we will. We all agree that the events of last summer was a major distraction leading into this campaign and I suspect plans for the close season are already in place..I personally think there will be a major turn around in the playing staff, here's who I think maybe in the autumn of their Albion careers.

TK- unless by some miracle we go up, because we won't match his current contract.
Greer- Just think he doesn't move the ball forward quick enough and will move on.
Ward- Must be on massive wages, think he will get a better offer elsewhere.
Andrew- Hasn't really impressed to want him here next season.
Lopez- Should never have come back, has been a shadow of the player last season.
Orlandi- Just to injury prone and a drain on the wage bill.
Buckley- Will move on, for a fee.
Ulloa- May get an offer we just can't refuse £7m+
Rodney- From what we have seen so far, please no.

Sure there will be others like Brezovan and fridge players. But these are the big first team names, that I think will be moved on in the summer. I can see a massive clear out coming.

What do others think???

What are your thoughts re Caskey? will he develop into a strong box to box player, 6/7 goal a season player?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
What are your thoughts re Caskey? will he develop into a strong box to box player, 6/7 goal a season player?

Deffo worth sticking with for now.He has got a goal in him, just worry about his size in this division.Just seems a touch on the slight side, wouldn't give up on him yet though.Still a few years from his peek yet.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
What are the coaching qualifications between the two. I cannot understand all this clamour for Calderon to be part of the management team , why?

A top pro who always gives 100%, passionate about the club and the city and been a big part of our footballing revival from the very start! Good credentials for a chance!

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Deffo worth sticking with for now.He has got a goal in him, just worry about his size in this division.Just seems a touch on the slight side, wouldn't give up on him yet though.Still a few years from his peek yet.

Agree - although very neat and tidy and energetic he for me unfortunately does not influence enough, and i do hope as you say will peak in due course, but i think he may truly influence a game a league below. We shall see. Shame technically gifted.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A top pro who always gives 100%, passionate about the club and the city and been a big part of our footballing revival from the very start! Good credentials for a chance!
I dont see much in that to make him management material other than some passion about the club which about 15,000 people have.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I'm reading all this about Ulloa, Premier League teams, £7m+ etc, and thinking he is quite good, probably very good in this league, but he's not exactly rapid over the turf, and I can't see who'd give really serious money for him. If unwanted bids ARE received, we should send such bidders a video of THAT header against Hull !

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Oh.

Who's going in goal next year as the thread has rid us of TK, Brezovan and Ankergren. Is the DSquad bloke good enough yet, and should I be getting my gloves out of 50 year storage so I can volunteer as cover ?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
What are the coaching qualifications between the two. I cannot understand all this clamour for Calderon to be part of the management team , why?

Agree with this. I love Calde but can he coach. I've known plenty of really good blokes who were good footballers but couldn't coach someone to tie their shoes! Jonesy may get on some people's nerves for whatever reason but he is a highly regarded and qualified (Spanish speaking) football coach.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Please god I hope we offer Orlandi a new 2 year deal.

I expect Bruno, Koosh, Andrews, Rodriguez, Ward, Lopez, Obika and Hoskins all to go or not be retained.

UNless Bruno and Koosh are happy to accept reduced terms, which i doubt.

All in an effort to get with FFP.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
There are those we shall want to hang on to and the keeper situation needs sorting out.

However, players will be available this close season at lower cost of fees/wages with FFP clicking in in a meaningful way, which will means the likes of QPR will not be able to easily ignore.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

This - he isn't 20 yet.........so let's wait and see ?

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Out Brez, Casper, Spanish Dave, Spanish Rodney,

Think Bruno has 1 year left, along with CMS,

Koosh unlikely to sign new deal

Would keep Greer (1 year) Upson, Orlandi,Keep Hoskins if fitness can be proved.

Keep Ward if wages are reasonable.

In my opinion we require:
Keeper (Walton good enough to be back up)
Full back
Centre Back
Pacey Midfielder
Big Striker

If Hoskins,CMS,BUckley,Orlandi,Lua Lua stay fit not a bad squad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here