Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
ive had it 4 times , my missus is nurse she's had it more , my eldest is a nurse , likewise......my youngest is a filthy little club hopper , she's had it loads of times , just get on with your life mate.....:thumbsup:
I'll admit the information I have read has worried me.

The theory is that every time you get Covid there is a chance it develops into long covid - with potential organ damage - and that we are all eventually going to get a bad outcome if the virus is allowed to continually re-infect people. The risk allegedly goes up each infection.

This has shaken me badly.

However, I do realise that I don't have or understand the medical facts. It sounds very like something strict mask devotees would push and amplify.

So I am a bit sceptical about it, but not going to lie - I am worried it might be right.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

The theory is that every time you get Covid there is a chance it develops into long covid - with potential organ damage - and that we are all eventually going to get a bad outcome if the virus is allowed to continually re-infect people. The risk allegedly goes up each infection.

However, I do realise that I don't have or understand the medical facts. It sounds very like something strict mask devotees would push and amplify.

So I am a bit sceptical about it, but not going to lie - I am worried it might be right.
look mate , you believe what you want .....all the best.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010

I think long covid has always existed. For some people various forms of Flu can develop into pneumonia which can do long-term damage to the lungs and breathing. Also we don't fully know how anxiety and mental health issues also factor into long-term conditions and numbers. There is some suggestion that it could be down to T-cells and genetics. I have a friend that gets covid constantly despite being vaxxed twice a year and I know others test themselves often get it but have no effects at all.

It really depends on the individual if you have health issues you have and what steps to take. I have no problem with masks I actually think they are a good thing in asia people wear them when they're ill and have colds which I would like to see people do here. But as far as wearing them because you think it will save you from infection I'm not so sure on that, the immune system could actually get weaker because it's not used to germs/strains out there, which happened to a lot of the children after lockdown.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I went down with covid two weeks ago for the first time (that I know of)
Knocked me for six completely, but it never really felt worse than a bad cold - it was more the zero energy levels that did me in, and as a cyclist that was the most frustrating aspect. Still coughing, and cant do much as Im so tired, but slowly getting over it. Randomly, my wife and son both continued to test negative throughout.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I had a dermatologist tell me that she was done with vaccines for a while that there was some evidence of some long term effects of multiple vaccine injections in legitimate medical studies.

Seems to me many people died of Covid before vaccines were given and after they were given not as many died.

My ex-wife's first ex-husband died of Covid after refusing to get vaccinated.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
my tuppence worth .....covid may have been dangerous , was it man made ...?? i reckon 50/50 is the best odds you're going to get against it , i think 70/30 in the affirmative is more accurate , was covid used an excuse to see how pliable people would be and how accepting they were of having their liberties curtailed under the guise of the pandemic ..? 100% yes , was the mainstream media complicit in this ..? 100% yes. is Bill Gates a dodgy ****....110% yes is it over ??...100% not .........unless the wet twatts wake up we are headed towards totalatarism within the next 30 years , the great thing is that there will be numerous countries that will give the WHO and the WEF and eventually the UN the middle finger and show them the door ........3.9 trillion dollars worth of public money worldwide syphoned off into private business and we all wonder why inflation and interest rates are through the roof along with corporate profits and executive bonuses......wake the f*** up for f*** sake....!!!
+6

Thailand have told Pfizer to get ta fuk and are preparing to sue for billions ...:clap: gotta love the Thais mate

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
my tuppence worth .....covid may have been dangerous , was it man made ...?? i reckon 50/50 is the best odds you're going to get against it , i think 70/30 in the affirmative is more accurate , was covid used an excuse to see how pliable people would be and how accepting they were of having their liberties curtailed under the guise of the pandemic ..? 100% yes , was the mainstream media complicit in this ..? 100% yes. is Bill Gates a dodgy ****....110% yes is it over ??...100% not .........unless the wet twatts wake up we are headed towards totalatarism within the next 30 years , the great thing is that there will be numerous countries that will give the WHO and the WEF and eventually the UN the middle finger and show them the door ........3.9 trillion dollars worth of public money worldwide syphoned off into private business and we all wonder why inflation and interest rates are through the roof along with corporate profits and executive bonuses......wake the f*** up for f*** sake....!!!
+6

Thailand have told Pfizer to get ta fuk and are preparing to sue for billions ...:clap: gotta love the Thais mate
I was in Bangkok last month and they were still giving out Pfizer vaccines to citizens. Is this something new?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

You are right - there is a chance that long covid is an outcome of Covid and it’s regardless of how severe you have it and continually getting symptomatic infection does increase the chance of long covid.

However I dont buy into conspiracy theories around this virus and although I was hospitalised - it was months after receiving a booster (6 mnths to be precise)

I have now (last week) been ‘diagnosed’ with Long Covid by the Long Covid Clinic (yes, there is such a thing now) and it’s effected my mobility, caused organ damage of my heart and liver and lungs as well as severe neurological symptoms including widespread pain, loss of some taste and some smell still - however, I would add that I was already clinically vulnerable with various underlying conditions so I think, at least in my experience, Covid exacerbates pre-existing conditions or those at high risk of pre-existing conditions rather than cause these things completely randomnly.

As for ‘heading for totalitarianism’ in the ‘next few years - yep, of course its more than likely but it won’t be due to another pandemic and it won’t even need another pandemic to use as an ‘excuse’ - the World is already in a gradual descent towards totalitarianism because the World’s resources are running out and have been for decades - growing global population and diminishing resources - do the maths. Climate Change impacts will further limit resources and increasingly contract the parts of the globe unfit for human habitat resulting in mass migration of populations putting even further strain on available resources in regions not so heavily impacted.

How will governments control increasingly hungry, thirsty, financially disenfranchised populations? By military rule and totalitarianism of course.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
You are right - there is a chance that long covid is an outcome of Covid and it’s regardless of how severe you have it and continually getting symptomatic infection does increase the chance of long covid.

However I dont buy into conspiracy theories around this virus and although I was hospitalised - it was months after receiving a booster (6 mnths to be precise)

I have now (last week) been ‘diagnosed’ with Long Covid by the Long Covid Clinic (yes, there is such a thing now) and it’s effected my mobility, caused organ damage of my heart and liver and lungs as well as severe neurological symptoms including widespread pain, loss of some taste and some smell still - however, I would add that I was already clinically vulnerable with various underlying conditions so I think, at least in my experience, Covid exacerbates pre-existing conditions or those at high risk of pre-existing conditions rather than cause these things completely randomnly.

As for ‘heading for totalitarianism’ in the ‘next few years - yep, of course its more than likely but it won’t be due to another pandemic and it won’t even need another pandemic to use as an ‘excuse’ - the World is already in a gradual descent towards totalitarianism because the World’s resources are running out and have been for decades - growing global population and diminishing resources - do the maths. Climate Change impacts will further limit resources and increasingly contract the parts of the globe unfit for human habitat resulting in mass migration of populations putting even further strain on available resources in regions not so heavily impacted.

How will governments control increasingly hungry, thirsty, financially disenfranchised populations? By military rule and totalitarianism of course.
Sad but true...maybe it'll be 'controlled' by frequent wars ☹️

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Great post on both of topics you covered. COVID has created all sorts of impacts on people some of which are still surfacing between it and the jab we have a modified immunity (note I am not anti jab just stating it will have impacts) and the nature of COVID means it sort out any weaknesses by greatly stressing the body.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
(never mind its long ago)

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Very long ago for 20,000 innocent people.
In fact let’s forget they ever existed. Probably old and useless anyway eh.
according to Prof Edmunds the deaths through autumn could have been cut with a full lock down. not due to eat out scheme, something the Prof confirmed, who didnt like how it looked. twitter and selective quoting have made people's minds up, despite the data and actual testimony.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here