Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'm now 7 days in. Still testing positive. Still feeling pretty rough but it's mostly now just a particularly unpleasant head cold. Lots of congestion and sinus pain.

I'm thankful that I'm young(ish, 37), triple vaxxed and that this is a milder variant because getting the full force of weapons grade COVID must have been unbearable.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I'm now 7 days in. Still testing positive. Still feeling pretty rough but it's mostly now just a particularly unpleasant head cold. Lots of congestion and sinus pain.

I'm thankful that I'm young(ish, 37), triple vaxxed and that this is a milder variant because getting the full force of weapons grade COVID must have been unbearable.

im still coughing up shit 5 weeks later ....get well soon mate.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
My booster booked and my flu jab.

Then bang yesterday felt crap, done a test and I have it for the second time.

My booster and flu jab cancelled!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My booster booked and my flu jab.

Then bang yesterday felt crap, done a test and I have it for the second time.

My booster and flu jab cancelled!

I had my booster last Friday at the Racecourse, and my flu jab booked for this morning. I started with a sore throat, tested and have a faint line, so positive. My first time.
Tickets on the ticket exchange but at least I can watch us on tv.

Been bedridden for 2 days with what I thought was a bad reaction to the moderna booster I had on Wednesday but got up to find my elderly father had a fall in the bathroom. I couldn't move him and since he didn't know how long he has been there I called ambulance. Long story short they said he had a fever and low blood oxygen so took him into hospital. 7 Hours later ambulance back and return him home,no paperwork,nothing. But I am shocked to discover he has asymptomatic COVID. Nobody from hospital told me either he had tested positive just dumped him on me and said nothing. Now since dad's housebound he clearly must have caught it from me and it's just weird timing my symptoms show the night after my jab..
Surely there must be rules covering this (releasing a registered vulnerable 82 years old man) straight back to society when he's positive?? Imagine I didn't know then a few days later I got ill because if their negligence? Not impressed

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

You’re the last nsc’er standing who isn’t seriously suffering.

Wake up and smell the coffee - we need some form of strict lockdown now, mandatory mask wearing in all indoor spaces and some non-Covid treatments postponed by the NHS. It’s ridiculous that football stadia are still open and that people can travel by train/plane for holidays or business.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You’re the last nsc’er standing who isn’t seriously suffering.

Wake up and smell the coffee - we need some form of strict lockdown now, mandatory mask wearing in all indoor spaces and some non-Covid treatments postponed by the NHS. It’s ridiculous that football stadia are still open and that people can travel by train/plane for holidays or business.

You’ve missed what he meant.

He’s covering his whole face with his hand, making sure covid doesn’t get into his eyeball.

Yet what are you doing? Merely suggesting a mask

Time to really get that economy trashed.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Just back from a cruise we had to prove our Covid19 free status prior while on the plane it dawned on me that only those on the cruise were proven Covid19 free while it also appeared that half those left were coughing sneaking and generally of an unknown Covid19 status.

needless to say a week and a half into the cruise and it’s turned into a plague ship all four of us processed to come down with Covid19 !

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Washing your hands regularly wouldn't be a bad idea but most sinks in public toilets are so bad you would probably pick something else up. Putting on a mask in public places if you have have a cold or cough would be good manners but shouldn't be compulsory.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Just back from a cruise we had to prove our Covid19 free status prior while on the plane it dawned on me that only those on the cruise were proven Covid19 free while it also appeared that half those left were coughing sneaking and generally of an unknown Covid19 status.

needless to say a week and a half into the cruise and it’s turned into a plague ship all four of us processed to come down with Covid19 !

Shows how utterly pointless tests for cruise ships are.

I thought a few cruise liners had stopped it?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Had booster Sunday, felt rough Monday so tested and came back negative, worse on Tuesday, tested negative in the morning and positive since. Got the horrible dry cough and really tired, not feeling any better but no worse….

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
After the Easter holiday nightmare waking up the day of the flight at 4am to find out I had covid and cancelled the holiday.
booked my booster for when we get back from Arizona Monday I think 31st…
had my flu jab Sat, felt rough wed, bit dizzy and achy thought it was the after affects of the jab…
yesterday felt dizzy at work, got home took test and bingo positive again !!
supposed to take the cat to the vet today, for an X-ray as we only found out from tests Tuesday she has cancer.
haven’t told our daughter who’s birthday it was Wednesday (did not want to spoil her day)

not sure I can go to Arizona Saturday, don’t think it’s fair getting on a plane with covid, their health care system if things go tits up. Plus we’re going for a 60 year olds amazing party at a hotel all paid for very swish, with lots of family there.

really pissed off

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Went to Morroco last week on a work trip, first overseas trip since March 2020.
Got back Thursday night and started to feel a little sore in the throat Saturday night. Took a test Sunday morning and lo and behold positive. Annoying as I been so careful the last 2,5 yrs given I'm in the vunerable catagory. Had booster just before I went away so hopefully that's supressing it. Feels like a heavy cold at the moment, although not sure how it generally progresses?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here