Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How you guys doing now Bold Seagull?

We finally got my son’s result back this morning - 4 days later - and it was positive. He was unwell and had a high temperature Monday but has been absolutey fine since, same as all his classmates. My youngest hasn’t had any symptoms yet. Other half been quite unwell last couple of days but seems a little better today, her test kit due to arrive today.

I started getting symptoms last night, coughing and temperature. Really achy today with a banging headache, my test kit arrives tomorrow.

Think the school are going to have to close though, it’s spread like wildfire throughout all the pupils, staff and now parents. They keep having to send classes home.

Does make you question the point in this ‘lockdown’ whilst the schools remain open and clearly are spreading the virus.

I’m okay now, and at over 10 days passed my first symptoms. I’m still not 100%, like there is a residual fatigue hiding away. Wife had a day in bed yesterday, but no temperature and seems okay today. Kids are all fine, although my middle son is still saying his sense of smell is effected.

Youngest has meant his whole year6 at primary school is isolating for 14days. My elder son only has 6 class mates off with him as they seem to have a much more specific handle on close contacts within a school day.

Fingers crossed none of your symptoms get any worse, seems to be so varied how it impacts people.

I will add I don’t think ours got it from school as there’s been no other cases. More likely either my daughter at college (where a classmate tested +ve over 2 weeks ago) or my wife where someone at work tested positive about 2 weeks ago too. It doesn’t so far look like our kids at school have spread it to anyone else which is good news so far.

Yoda

English & European
33,470 new cases today, up 45.8% on yesterday. Cripes. As far as I can tell there is no obvious mitigating reason for such a large rise, such as the inclusion of data from previous days or the inclusion of the mass-testing program underway in Liverpool. The popular school of thought seems to be that it could be due to an increase in mixing in the days running up to lockdown 2.0, but we'll need a few more days' data to form a reasonable conclusion.

My concern with this lockdown lite was always that it came too late, and isn't stringent enough to make a meaningful difference, quickly enough. If this doesn't turn out to be a freak anomaly, it's difficult to see the country being in a demonstrably better position come 5th December. If we find ourselves in a position where NHS overload simply forces the nation into stricter measures more akin to the original lockdown, that's going to be very, very unpopular. I'd like to hope that won't happen, but I find it hard to rule out as a possibility.

I do think backlog could play a part (again). I always go by the date of sample graph, and do not remember there being a day over 30,000 prior to yesterday. The highest from memory was about 26,000.

The 2nd November, by day of sample, is now showing 31,466.

The 9th November will be an interesting one to keep an eye on over the coming days as Monday's do tend to be the higher recently.

Also, we won't have seen any increase from the last few days before lockdown yet as you have to first wait for symptoms, then try and wait for a test. Most samples are 10 days after original infection.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I’m okay now, and at over 10 days passed my first symptoms. I’m still not 100%, like there is a residual fatigue hiding away. Wife had a day in bed yesterday, but no temperature and seems okay today. Kids are all fine, although my middle son is still saying his sense of smell is effected.

Youngest has meant his whole year6 at primary school is isolating for 14days. My elder son only has 6 class mates off with him as they seem to have a much more specific handle on close contacts within a school day.

Fingers crossed none of your symptoms get any worse, seems to be so varied how it impacts people.

I will add I don’t think ours got it from school as there’s been no other cases. More likely either my daughter at college (where a classmate tested +ve over 2 weeks ago) or my wife where someone at work tested positive about 2 weeks ago too. It doesn’t so far look like our kids at school have spread it to anyone else which is good news so far.

All the best to you and your family and the same for [MENTION=9708]Farehamseagull[/MENTION].

Take care and stay safe...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Erykah Badou is confused
7814ed13e45838b04643cc4c11b31982.jpg

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
As much as I would love to debate the thoroughly modern issue of anecdotal v statistically based evidence I can't help but think with a vaccine (or indeed vaccines) on the way we are basically in a holding pattern for the next few months until they arrive.

Not really seeing much scope for debate about that now.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I just simply shared a tweet from a famous singer and the most famous entrepreneur in the world talking about their covid test experiences. Peace brother.

Does it add anything?
If everyone else puts the tweets of the thousands of people who aren't confused the thread would be pointless. Also they're both weirdos.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I just simply shared a tweet from a famous singer and the most famous entrepreneur in the world talking about their covid test experiences. Peace brother.

Maybe America has some dodgy testing system, despite being the biggliest and bestest in the world...

Or maybe, only people talk about things when they have, what they perceive, to be a negative experience.

Twitter would be even more of a desperate place to visit if everyone who HADN'T had a problem with a test posted - so what would that prove?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How’s things [MENTION=9708]Farehamseagull[/MENTION]? Have you been inundated with track and trace? Hope you’re all feeling better going into the weekend.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Maybe America has some dodgy testing system, despite being the biggliest and bestest in the world...

its the antigen tests, way less reliable than PCR and prone to false positives. but cheap and quick. in UK you're supposed to follow up a positive with a PCR to confirm.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
People do realise that the overwhelming majority of people who have an accurate Covid test don't then go on Twitter and point out they had an accurate Covid test, don't they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports