Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Oh good, I get to have my birthday first before the Great Reset...

FFS where do you keep getting this shit from?

It’s almost certain there is some form of reset in the planning. The world covid strategy has led us most nations to inevitable bankruptcy. The world economy was probably bankrupt anyway. In a year or two real possibility that many of us will be out of work, small business decimated, and in the depths of the worst ever recession. Cash gone, every penny controllable digitally by the state. A reset is being presented by the WEF in plain site. Not sure why anyone thinks it’s not on the cards.

https://youtu.be/u5pxhSnDr4U

I found this a really interesting watch.

https://youtu.be/eNsW4ssOBxU

Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
How’s things [MENTION=9708]Farehamseagull[/MENTION]? Have you been inundated with track and trace? Hope you’re all feeling better going into the weekend.

It’s not nice this virus is it?! Just feel completely fatigued and ache all over.

Other half had her result back this morning, also positive. She’s lost her senses of taste and smell now too and again is just really fatigued. My test arrived last night but I can’t post it back till Monday morning collection so won’t take it till then.

It is really noticable the difference between the kids and adults. They’re literally a bit under the weather for a short while, just like a normal child’s bug but the adults do suffer a lot more. I certainly wouldn’t want my mid 60’s parents anywhere near close to getting this. It drives the home the message about taking social distancing seriously.

How are you guys doing now?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It’s not nice this virus is it?! Just feel completely fatigued and ache all over.

Other half had her result back this morning, also positive. She’s lost her senses of taste and smell now too and again is just really fatigued. My test arrived last night but I can’t post it back till Monday morning collection so won’t take it till then.

It is really noticable the difference between the kids and adults. They’re literally a bit under the weather for a short while, just like a normal child’s bug but the adults do suffer a lot more. I certainly wouldn’t want my mid 60’s parents anywhere near close to getting this. It drives the home the message about taking social distancing seriously.

How are you guys doing now?

Like you said kids are all fine, my youngest (10) didn’t really have any symptoms at all. My 14yr old son still hasn’t got his smell back properly after 9 days of first noticing it changing, but he and my daughter are completely fine otherwise.

Youre describing what I had for a few days, maybe a bit worse for you. I had muscle aches all over my back and a headache behind the eyes a bit like a hangover. But that only lasted a couple of days for me. I had a bizarre smell thing where I almost had a heightened sense of smell, I smelt inside a bag of S&V crisps and it was overpowering - seemed like vinegar like smells and cleaning products were extra strong for me for a few days.

We all feel fine now thankfully. Fingers crossed you come equally start to recover now. Completely agree about how contagious it is - we try to keep surfaces wiped down, hand washing etc. but it still went through all of us in what must have been a week at most. Scary how varied it is in terms of how it’s hitting people.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Like you said kids are all fine, my youngest (10) didn’t really have any symptoms at all. My 14yr old son still hasn’t got his smell back properly after 9 days of first noticing it changing, but he and my daughter are completely fine otherwise.

Youre describing what I had for a few days, maybe a bit worse for you. I had muscle aches all over my back and a headache behind the eyes a bit like a hangover. But that only lasted a couple of days for me. I had a bizarre smell thing where I almost had a heightened sense of smell, I smelt inside a bag of S&V crisps and it was overpowering - seemed like vinegar like smells and cleaning products were extra strong for me for a few days.

We all feel fine now thankfully. Fingers crossed you come equally start to recover now. Completely agree about how contagious it is - we try to keep surfaces wiped down, hand washing etc. but it still went through all of us in what must have been a week at most. Scary how varied it is in terms of how it’s hitting people.

As you say, it is strange how everyone has different and varying levels of symptoms. Neck ache has been the worst thing for me, really painful, it’s stopped me sleeping and being able to move normally. Had a headache at the start but that seems to have gone, bit more sneezing and chesty cough now though.

The track and trace thing does seem a bit all over the place as you say. Numerous calls and texts and the same questions and answers each time. We even had a call for my four year old where the woman then said she wasn’t able to deal with under 5’s so someone else would call back. We’ve done everything we’re supposed to with regard to the app and questionnaire’s too each time so seems a bit OTT now.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I know I'm not alone, there will have been thousands in the same boat over the last 8 months, but I experienced another side to Covid today - another kick in the proverbials.

My daughter came and dropped off some supplies to our front door, while her 3 year old stood at the end of the drive. On his cue he undid his jacket to reveal this slogan on his T-Shirt

Big brother
In
Training

I wanted to hug my daughter at the fantastic news, as good an end to as shit a year as anyone could have... It was fantastic but at the same time heartbreaking!

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I know I'm not alone, there will have been thousands in the same boat over the last 8 months, but I experienced another side to Covid today - another kick in the proverbials.

My daughter came and dropped off some supplies to our front door, while her 3 year old stood at the end of the drive. On his cue he undid his jacket to reveal this slogan on his T-Shirt

Big brother
In
Training

I wanted to hug my daughter at the fantastic news, as good an end to as shit a year as anyone could have... It was fantastic but at the same time heartbreaking!

Congrats on your news, and sorry you weren’t able to celebrate with something as simple as a hug, but do take solace in the fact that by the time the little one arrives this whole shít show will almost certainly be over.

And what a celebration that will be.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Big brother
In
Training

I understand your frustration at not being able to hug your daughter but excellent news and I also like your daughters and grandson’s style. It brought a smile to my face.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Big brother
In
Training

Congratulations. Hopefully we will be in a better place when your next grandchild arrives!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I understand your frustration at not being able to hug your daughter but excellent news and I also like your daughters and grandson’s style. It brought a smile to my face.

Thank you, it was quite funny though, as my eye sight's not what it was without distance glasses and I had to squint to read it, which took a little lo get than it should...!

It was still fantastic news, despite my age delayed reaction!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Big brother
In
Training

Amazing, what a brilliant way to communicate the news.:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here