Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, that's the footballing argument. Unfortunately it is blown to pieces by the argument that starts (and ends) with "£150K a week+".

I really hope (from a footballing point of view) that he doesn't go to the shit-hole that is Chelsea FC. I can see the attraction from the Albion's point of view, but it would still feel like a shame to sacrifice Moises' footballing career and progress to get Colwill (much as I'd like us to get Colwill).
Chelsea is many things but it’s not a shit-hole.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I mean they’re right, Rice - Odegaard - Caicedo in their midfield with Saka and Martinelli would be formidable. Can’t see them having the best part of £200m to spend though.

To me it’s obvious they need both. Partey and Xhaka were their only dedicated and effective pivots, but until last season Xhaka was widely lambasted and apparently he heads back to Germany this summer. Whilst Partey was blamed for the last 9 games implosion and may soom be otherwise occupied.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why can't we demand Mr Bloom's head on a stick each time our aspirations are not met? Our level of entitlement is shitehouse. I'm ashamed to be supporter, sometimes.

Exemplified by Mr Angry.

IMG_4303.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
R5 reporting Mac having medical at Liverpool. £55 million.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is it just me or....isn't £55 million rather a lot for (don't get me wrong, he's a lovely lad but....) a bang average EPL midfielder? I don't think he has the sort of pace that Liverpool need. Witch House football, certainly but, heavy metal football? Well, time may prove me wrong..... :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He is ABSOLUTELY not bang average.
A slight exaggeration, perhaps.

Do you think £55 million is a decent price for him, if that's what it turns out to be? And do you think he'll take the Liverpool attack up a level?

Only time will tell. Of course. But I'm going to predict that he'll not pull up many trees.

And I'm not going to lose any sleep. I hope others won't. Talk of our squad being decimated by the Siren Lure of Money, and it being the beginning of the end does my head in. That was my point, really. Onwards and upwards and all that :thumbsup:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

Do you think £55 million is a decent price for him, if that's what it turns out to be? And do you think he'll take the Liverpool attack up a level?

Only time will tell. Of course. But I'm going to predict that he'll not pull up many trees.

And I'm not going to lose any sleep. I hope others won't. Talk of our squad being decimated by the Siren Lure of Money, and it being the beginning of the end does my head in. That was my point, really. Onwards and upwards and all that :thumbsup:
Liverpool is a globally-sized club. AliMac will be a star in their average midfield. Still passionately believe that the RIGHT footballing decision would be to stay with RDZ for another season. However, the football universe doesn’t operate like that and Tony and his/our Albion are trying to orbit the football establishment in a different way. Best of luck OUR World Cup winner.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021

I think it depends how Klopp intends to use him. He's an upgrade on what they have had there this season, but I think a lot depends upon who they partner with him. He was not as good as a 10 as he was as an 8. It will be interesting to see how he settles into that team, I think Liverpool may take time to get going next season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I don’t 😃. Probably £10-15m light for me.

World class player, who will instantly improve a weak Liverpool midfield, however they need at least 2-3 defenders IMO to properly challenge City.

But you’re right, players come and go, but the fans are the constant….
We’ll soon have new heroes to worry…. I mean cheer….

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don’t 😃. Probably £10-15m light for me.

World class player, who will instantly improve a weak Liverpool midfield, however they need at least 2-3 defenders IMO to properly challenge City.

But you’re right, players come and go, but the fans are the constant….
We’ll soon have new heroes to worry…. I mean cheer….
It’s a great price given it was essentially agreed before the WC when he was on the fringes of the Argie squad.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It’s a great price given it was essentially agreed before the WC when he was on the fringes of the Argie squad.
Sorry, I don’t agree. Before the World Cup I would still have suggested £65m.
Based on age, Argentinian squad member, PL experience, pre World Cup form.

Compared to Cucurella for example…. Grealish had achieved less at the time of his move and is nearly double the cost (English tax isn’t 50%).

It’s happened now and I’m sure there will be some great replacements.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sorry, I don’t agree. Before the World Cup I would still have suggested £65m.
Based on age, Argentinian squad member, PL experience, pre World Cup form.

Compared to Cucurella for example…. Grealish had achieved less at the time of his move and is nearly double the cost (English tax isn’t 50%).

It’s happened now and I’m sure there will be some great replacements.
….and a 1 year contract. No chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here