Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Losing Macalister & Caicedo

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
120m?! 180-200m easily.

Caicedo is worth north of 100m, Mac Allister 80

The financial numbers not only thrown around but actually achieved are without any basis in real value. The world has gone mad.

The sanity of directors in any other industry who approved such deals would be seriously questioned!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He continues to be everything Graham wasn't, and at the same time shows he's leagues ahead in the EQ stakes. It's incredible how much of a favour Chelsea actually did us. There has literally been no man that has done more to shift the mentality of this club (fans, players, and management) so steeply. He is already a legend and it will take some beating to ever find a better manager imo.
I feared the worst when Potter and all the coaching staff went to Chelsea.

And to think Chelsea compensated us for this as well :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am surprised Newcastle aren’t in the running for both of them given money is absolutely no object and they will be plying CL next season

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I am surprised Newcastle aren’t in the running for both of them

Is there any real way to know who will be in the running for them yet (other than guessing based on squads)?

Once the season is over and we know whether we're in Europe or not, the players will have a better feel for what they want and the club will know what we can offer them to stay, including how much we can put towards strengthening the squad.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Apologising on Twitter for the tackle on Martinelli, looks like Caicedo is still twerking for Arsenal.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230515-200221~2.png
    Screenshot_20230515-200221~2.png
    544.6 KB · Views: 114

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Really really hope we can keep Moises. Gutted to hear RDZ say that. Appreciate he's being honest but it's not the best bargaining tool imo. The entitled nation state clubs must pay silly money if they want one of them.

Our players should take note though. No recent player has left us and gone onto to massively better things. Wages probably. We add a lot of value to players. Either way it was class that we kept MC for this season.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Really really hope we can keep Moises. Gutted to hear RDZ say that. Appreciate he's being honest but it's not the best bargaining tool imo. The entitled nation state clubs must pay silly money if they want one of them.

Our players should take note though. No recent player has left us and gone onto to massively better things. Wages probably. We add a lot of value to players. Either way it was class that we kept MC for this season.
It’s just stating the obvious. I can’t imagine it will play much, if any, part in negotiations.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Ben White has.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

The problem is simple though. The next Moises Caicedos we sign need to see us selling our best talent. They know it creates a space in the squad and they know they’ll get the same opportunities if they join us and a big fish comes along.

This is the reason why we’re going to be signing some incredible young talent this summer. Something to look forward too but does not really ease the pain of losing our best ever midfielder (and probably player).

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Whether they go or not we have got some good players on our books to replace them and rumours of more coming in.

We might not replace them with equal quality right now but I think we will end up with more strength in depth overall.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Calzeddo will be the bigger loss. He is a world class player. Mac is just very good.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I feared the worst when Potter and all the coaching staff went to Chelsea.

And to think Chelsea compensated us for this as well :lolol:
Finally a fresh slant on all this! And here was me thinking it's all the same old on here day in day out. Thank you for rekindling my passion for NSC.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The problem is simple though. The next Moises Caicedos we sign need to see us selling our best talent. They know it creates a space in the squad and they know they’ll get the same opportunities if they join us and a big fish comes along.
Finally a fresh slant on all this! And here was me thinking it's all the same old on here day in day out. Thank you HR for rekindling my passion for NSC

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I'll reiterate my guess:

Mac Allister - nailed on to leave. He'll go for around £75m to the club of his choosing, probably Liverpool.

Caicedo - could well be here for another season. We will sell him only for an eye-watering amount (over £100m), which rules out all but Newcastle, Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd. If that doesn't happen, I reckon we'll give him *another* improved contract to see him out for the remaining year we expect of him.

It has always seemed that the club won't stand in the way of career progression once they've done their bit here. Caicedo has been here for just 1 season, hence the premium on the club letting him move. After 2 seasons, I guess the club would let him go for something lower than absolute top dollar.

Don't forget we're also losing Colwill. Can we really afford to lose all 3 and not expect an alarming drop off?
I going with the answer is no. The biggest miss will be Caicedo as is often expressed. But that’s the club model and just like we have grown to appreciate and understand the “fanning around at the back” we just need to become accustomed to players moving up.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Both players mentioned don’t look like they want to leave to me and both have excelled under RDZ and appear totally sold on his ideas. From what I’ve read both are desperate to achieve European football for the Albion I think we might be surprised.

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
I am starting to think it is highly unlikely that both of them go during the summer window if we qualify for EL.

That is 6 more games so the total of approx 30 matches before January. Plenty of need for squad rotation and evaluation of the talent de Zerbi has not worked with yet (Alzate, Kozlowski, Joao Pedro, Dahoud (?), etc). If we fail in the group stages it is still time to find UCL team (next season) for both of them in January, and if the European journey continues in February they must decide what are the odds of winning EL/Conference League with or without our two gems.

Last edited:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Argentina's Pochettino taking the manager's job at Chelsea helps increase Mac Allister's value.

Over the last few weeks it was being reported that it's as good as a done deal that Alexis was heading to Liverpool next season.
Now that Pochettino has allegedly indicated that he would like to sign him certainly increases Tony Bloom's leverage in how much he can sell him for or possible player purchases from Chelsea in return.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The danger of all this is Sothampton. They were receiving the same media plaudits of how to be successful in the transfer market.
It only takes a couple of windows where the manager or players doesn't work out as well, and your back fighting relegation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here