Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Losing Macalister & Caicedo

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mac made the comment of saying he's joining Liverpool so they can help him win trophies, rather than the standard 'I am here to help the club win trophies'. He's going to have to have all that honesty knocked out of him, going forward :lolol:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
On a related aside, agents actually want the highest fee possible, as they usually take a percentage as the base of their facilitation fee. I.e Caicedo going for £80m is better financially for the player and the agent than £35m.

The flip side is when players are priced out of moves, it takes hot blood and big balls to stand your ground and say “f*** off” to lowball offers designed to unsettle a wantaway player.

If a club came in with £50m, the club would need to be clear and concise dealing with the agent/player/buying club that the fee in no way matches the club’s valuation (as with Cucurella/White) and he’ll be staying if we don’t get the desired figure.

It’s in everyone’s interest except the buying club for a transfer package to be as lucrative as possible.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Of course, yes.

But does that mean it happening is a serious possibility currently?
Two things. First I am rarely serious so will struggle here. Secondly, as you have already suggested, this boils down to semantics. We are in the same league next season so "possible" is a given (in theory if nothing else).

But how to quantify "serious possibility"? You have gone for "highly likely" which for some of us is maybe too strong. If we view it as a percentage chance (made up maths to come but bear with me) then we can ask what percentage qualifies as serious?

In our first season the possibility percentage would have been approaching 0. I trust no arguments here.

However at about the start of February this year, if memory serves, the possibility could have been argued to be as high as 60% in our favour. Based on relative points and form and so on. The actual number isn't important here so much as the contrast with 2017.

So did that peak possibility of 60% qualify as serious? I would argue yes.

But how about all while we were still ahead of them on points or within a win of overtaking them? Say a 50 or 40% chance, was it still serious then? I reckon yes still.

So at that point, whilst it was unlikely it was also still a serious possibility in my book.

For next season we won't start at 60% but nor would I rate it as 0% either. Say 10% at present.

Does a highly unlikely 10% qualify as serious? For some maybe anything above 0 is "serious" so even then it could be a yes.

Maybe you should have gone with "strong possibility" instead? Then it is a definitely "no" from me :ROFLMAO:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Is it childish that posts like ‘enjoy him Liverpool’ etc are really pissing me off :lolol:

Like it or not if we are going to progress as a club the signs from last season show we will be competing with them, small club mentality some of our fans have, I wish Alexis well but f**k Liverpool.
This, Macalister won’t be giving a shit if his penalty kick knocks us out of the Europa league or whatever it might be whilst the Amex is politely clapping him.
He’s a good guy but we play sport to win and as Potters Chelsea proved away players don’t like a hostile atmosphere for 90 mins. Heckle his every touch put him off his game he’s no longer a BHA player.
After we win clap him as much as you want to.
Don’t get some fans.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
We will want top dollar for Moises. At least £80m.
Rice to Arsenal looks likely so that may then price them out of Caicedo this summer.
This would leave Chelsea as the club leading the chase for Moises.
2 questions; can they afford him with their FFP restrictions?
Does Moises want to go there with his heart allegedly set on joining Arsenal?
So maybe we see him for another year unless Chelsea offer Colwill and £40/£50m which I think we’d take.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Haven't read all of this, but just curious, whether the Caicedo situation is any clearer?

My hope is Mac was always definitely off, but Caicedo would take a ridiculous offer to prise him away this season.
I'm not aware of anyone in our ranks that could step up to replace Moises, whereas I can see several players plugging the Mac gap.

Feels like it will take £90m+ for a club to persuade us to let him go.
What's the consensus on here?
This might make things murkier, but my reading of the Caicedo situation is somewhat different to yours. You seem to be of the view that the club hold on the cards on this. I don't. Players and their agents tend to hold at least some of the cards here.
What do we know? Moises put in a transfer request in Jan. Moises signed a new contract in Feb. RDZ has repeated on multiple occasions -- both before and after Jan -- that he thinks Moises should stay in Jan, and it'd be better for him to sign for a new club in the summer window.
We of course know some other stuff, but it's that that stands out for me.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
This might make things murkier, but my reading of the Caicedo situation is somewhat different to yours. You seem to be of the view that the club hold on the cards on this. I don't. Players and their agents tend to hold at least some of the cards here.
What do we know? Moises put in a transfer request in Jan. Moises signed a new contract in Feb. RDZ has repeated on multiple occasions -- both before and after Jan -- that he thinks Moises should stay in Jan, and it'd be better for him to sign for a new club in the summer window.
We of course know some other stuff, but it's that that stands out for me.
Yeah I agree with this.
It just doesn't feel like there is any agreement to let Moises go.

If Agent and Player had been given similar assurances to Mac, you would have thought there would have been more noise about it.
Clearly there isn't a release "mechanism" in place, or if there is, it is set so high it hasn't been triggered yet.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Yeah I agree with this.
It just doesn't feel like there is any agreement to let Moises go.

If Agent and Player had been given similar assurances to Mac, you would have thought there would have been more noise about it.
Clearly there isn't a release "mechanism" in place, or if there is, it is set so high it hasn't been triggered yet.
Or it's set for next summer.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Re us up against Liverpool next season.

I genuinely wouldn't swap their team for ours. We're just the better side in my view.

But refs on the pitch and at Stockley Park will give Liverpool 5 to 10 points and take 5 to 10 from us next season in exactly the same way as they did this season.

In addition, the last month of the season gave me genuine reason to believe we will struggle with the number of fixtures we're going to get, even if we can beef up the squad a little bit.

Any further losses of key players, like Moises, and the chances of finishing above the scousers goes from low, to almost impossible. There are some players you just can't replace.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Omid Djalili saying on TS it's such a shame Mac going to Pool as we were so good against his Chelsea we could have won the Champions League, Mac pivotal in our success. (And he was being serious)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Omid Djalili saying on TS it's such a shame Mac going to Pool as we were so good against his Chelsea we could have won the Champions League, Mac pivotal in our success. (And he was being serious)
R5 reporting 35 million 'going up to 55'. I'm not happy with that, although it seems about right.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This, Macalister won’t be giving a shit if his penalty kick knocks us out of the Europa league or whatever it might be whilst the Amex is politely clapping him.
He’s a good guy but we play sport to win and as Potters Chelsea proved away players don’t like a hostile atmosphere for 90 mins. Heckle his every touch put him off his game he’s no longer a BHA player.
Don’t get some fans.
Tell that to Tony

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Don’t get some fans.
We don't you boo and heckle every player's touch then?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don’t be alarmed as I have a feeling this is fake?! And I’ll remove it so not to alarm once people confirm it. I was out the country last week and don’t use Facebook so can’t check - but a friend sent me this - is it real yey or ney pls - I’d forgotten all about it…

If fake I will give him pelters don’t worry…

I was sent it last Monday if that helps…
C59040AC-CCBC-4F54-96E2-39341DA8EEF9.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don’t be alarmed as I have a feeling this is fake?! And I’ll remove it so not to alarm once people confirm it. I was out the country last week and don’t use Facebook so can’t check - but a friend sent me this - is it real yey or ney pls - I’d forgotten all about it…

If fake I will give him pelters don’t worry…

I was sent it last Monday if that helps…
View attachment 161988
There's a space before a comma so I recon it was put up by Alfredmizen aka Fredbinney aka (etc etc).

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Wonder if the club will play hardball with Moises transfer after last being advised to play the bohemian rhapsody card to pressure a move.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
@sheebo nothing like that on Facebook that I can find, and all the Twitter talk is about Arsenal with a couple of pathetic Chelsea fans bleating he’ll go to them.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
@sheebo nothing like that on Facebook that I can find, and all the Twitter talk is about Arsenal with a couple of pathetic Chelsea fans bleating he’ll go to them.
I asked a mate to check and he said it’s on there but it’s an edited version - I did ask if that’s really him and his account and he said he doesn’t know… pretty sure it’s someone (oddly!) pretending my to be him or editing an original post or something. Thought nsc would have blown up if this were true - and can’t see Moises being that unprofessional again…

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He said it’s on there from 29th May - but again - this may not be his account and I don’t know how you check on FB If it really is him - maybe check other images the account has posted?!

AA6C78C0-C28C-4782-AA62-74EB408294F2.jpeg

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
He said it’s on there from 29th May - but again - this may not be his account and I don’t know how you check on FB If it really is him - maybe check other images the account has posted?!

View attachment 161991
The big clue is he is under 30 and so would be extremely unlikely to spend a second on Facebook. It is for old people these days.

His first port of call is more likely to be Instagram same as "he" did in January.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here