Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loic Damour (merged)

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I like the sound of this. :)

Me too. It's encouraging to see a player & his agent seemingly being interested in a possible move for footballing reasons, rather than the usual cash-above-everything approach.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
He played in Bridcutt's role tonight but his agent said he is a box to box midifielder. He said he could go PL club but would be pointless if he doesnt play, he has played for France all the way up to under 21 level. I know it was only against Whitehawk.

But, sometimes you just see a bit of something special. My opinion is that he is just that.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It's not that often 5 diff people who were at a friendly watch a trialist and all suggest he seems class - good sign... Plus i trust [MENTION=11254]brightonboy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=18450]Aidan08[/MENTION] 's opinions

You would have to question the sanity or eyesight of anyone who didn't say that!! He was quite clearly a very good player.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
This guy needs signing straight up, he was absolutely superb tonight. Unless Gus wants three designated holding midfield players I can't see Navarro getting a contract, Damour looked good enough to seriously challenge Bridcutt for his place in the side (and that really is saying something given how well he has played over the past year).

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
He was really good tonight. Looked comfortable on the ball in crowded areas and sprayed the ball round nicely. Would be a great coup if we could get him a head of prem clubs. Anyone know the likelihood of him signing?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Agree with those who went tonight.

Noone was the 'stand-out' player, but everytime Damour got the ball, he looked comfortable and composed. Kept wondering who he was, but assumed he was one of the development squad as he found our players with ease....even under pressure.

It may have only been against Whitehawk....but class shows...whoever you play against.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I see he has represented France at most youth levels, IMO he is out if our league, but if he is on trial here and his agent is a Brighton lad I'm sure there is something in it, stranger things have happened (CMS)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's not that often 5 diff people who were at a friendly watch a trialist and all suggest he seems class - good sign... Plus i trust [MENTION=11254]brightonboy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=18450]Aidan08[/MENTION] 's opinions

Make that 6. He was class.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus Andy Naylor
LuaLua and Noone going to frighten a few Champo defences. Gus likes Loic. He looked good. Another Frenchman added to squad perhaps?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Sign him up, do it now!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
If he played then clearly he wouldnt mind playing for us and if looking as good as everybody says then i trust gus to do the right thing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here