Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loanee left back

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ashley Cole had a good game as an attacking full back in the Unicef friendly but unfortunately he had very little defending to do so unable to gauge that but he did play 90 mins. Short term deal ?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ashley Cole had a good game as an attacking full back in the Unicef friendly but unfortunately he had very little defending to do so unable to gauge that but he did play 90 mins. Short term deal ?

Got to be worth a trial at the very least, to gauge fitness.

Arguably was one of the best in the world IMO, and if he has even a bit of pace left he could do a job until Bong is fit.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Cole wouldn't be match fit until the Christmas run in, so an expensive risky signing. Better out there

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Pensioners

Ashley Cole might want a coaching job as well ?

Only slightly younger than Bruno. Older than Bobby Zamora. About the same age as Gordon Greer.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Ashley Cole might want a coaching job as well ?

Only slightly younger than Bruno. Older than Bobby Zamora. About the same age as Gordon Greer.

He will also want his own page on the club website with web cam to flash his knob at all and sundry

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
As we appear to be slugging it out at the top of the table with Burnley, they're hardly likely to lend us a decent LB, I'd have thought.

Depends how they look at it, considering we are playing Birmingham, Derby, QPR, Boro and Ipswich over the next month, if we take points off of some/all of those it reduces the competition.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As we appear to be slugging it out at the top of the table with Burnley, they're hardly likely to lend us a decent LB, I'd have thought.

Depends how they look at it, considering we are playing Birmingham, Derby, QPR, Boro and Ipswich over the next month, if we take points off of some/all of those it reduces the competition.

That is always my view once you have played a team it is in your best interests for others to fall by the way side if by loaning a player that cant make your squad that is a bonus.

Jan 10, 2014
Do you think you'll beat us Sunday mate? See BHA as genuine promotion challengers etc?

I don't do predictions or even bet on matches involving Burnley, it's not a superstitious thing I just don't like doing it. Although I will say that I'm confident that we will not lose (have I just broken my own rules there? :D ).

Absolutely Brighton are promotion challengers. We are a third of the way into the season and Brighton are still unbeaten, not letting in many goals and finding ways to pick up points while maybe not being at their best.

Believe me they are the credentials of a promotion challenger.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Sébastien Pocognoli still out inthe cold and not in the WBA squad vs West Ham.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sébastien Pocognoli still out inthe cold and not in the WBA squad vs West Ham.

Too late :(

Can't believe our luck though. Game after loan window period closes & 7 key games and what happens 20 mins into the next game :ohmy: Sod's law. The only position we didn't have natural cover in...

BR1GHT0N

Sep 21, 2015
Too late :(

Can't believe our luck though. Game after loan window period closes & 7 key games and what happens 20 mins into the next game :ohmy: Sod's law. The only position we didn't have natural cover in...

Nothing to do with luck in my opinion. You have to plan for things like this happening.

For me, the club seem to have gone back to their former loan policy, noticeably present under Poyet, where only loan players who the manager believed would challenge the regular player in the position were signed. This is different to last years policy of sign anyone with a pulse; Best, Halford etc.

I'm sure we would have had a preferred option, like Wilson was our preferred option. We held out for him, and he was available and able to sign. There are plenty of untried left-backs out there, but I doubt the club would have wanted to sign a youngster who will then just become cover. We held out for our prime target, I believe to be the West Brom player, they weren't prepared to lose him, we miss out.

I think this is the only blemish on what has so far been a fantastic season for the club. I love Calderon, but the prospect of him playing at left-back, even for just a few games, makes me feel uneasy. We should have signed someone, plain and simply.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here