Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loan foward

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
He doesn't like him because he isn't English, same reason he doesn't like Gus.

Anyone who thinks we have a chance of getting in a loan striker who's going
To score in more than 60% of the games he plays in is completely deluded. Ulloa is our main man, he just needs to stay for for the rest of the season or its game over.

Spot on (although I can't comment on Pork Pie's dislike of Ulloa because he is not English). We do need a loan striker but we need an option that is different to Leo. As people have mentioned a Simeon Jackson type or if the rumours are true Raheem Sterling and us Buckley as a 2nd Striker if needed.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
He doesn't like him because he isn't English, same reason he doesn't like Gus.

Anyone who thinks we have a chance of getting in a loan striker who's going
To score in more than 60% of the games he plays in is completely deluded. Ulloa is our main man, he just needs to stay for for the rest of the season or its game over.

Do you have problems reading? At what point have I even inferred that I do not like him?

For the record, I am ambivalent towards him. There is a big difference between thinking as him as a great PROSPECT, and thinking he is capable of leading our charge for the playoffs. Or should that be stumble?

Either way he is our ONLY SENIOR STRIKER at the moment, and my point is that IF the cost of bringing is a top quality player is a guarantee of match time, and Poyet only wants one striker on the pitch, this it is not too much to ask for a few weeks.

What we need is Poyet to find the striker equivelent of Matthew Upson, or a youngster too green for the Premiership top clubs, but could "do a job" for us over the next few weeks.

The fact I do not like Poyet is not because he is foreign, it is because of his big mouth, and the boring, tippy tappy,too scared to attack, style of football he subjects me to.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
anyone know the deadline for when a loan player has to be signed by to then be available for the palace game? midday on the saturday rings a bell....

silly question... but any more rumours on who we might be after?

Someone on the argus seems to think we're after Jamie Mackie from QPR. He would be perfect in my opinion, but unlikely....

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
anyone know the deadline for when a loan player has to be signed by to then be available for the palace game? midday on the saturday rings a bell....

silly question... but any more rumours on who we might be after?

Someone on the argus seems to think we're after Jamie Mackie from QPR. He would be perfect in my opinion, but unlikely....

I am not certain, but my understanding is that the midday deadline is for perm signings. I believe as it is an "emergeny loan" it is not long befoer kick-off if the paperwork is all in place. Could be wrong though.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Any loan plauer needs to be registered and I believe the FA's offices close for the weekend at 5pm on Friday so that effectively is our deadline to have someone available for Sunday

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Any loan plauer needs to be registered and I believe the FA's offices close for the weekend at 5pm on Friday so that effectively is our deadline to have someone available for Sunday

For Christ's sake nobody is gonna score a goal against palace after being signed up tomorrow----you are all fecking mad---I scored 111 goals in the Sunday League over 22years-----------------------I await Gus's phone call-----mugs

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Jesus f"@king wept. HE HAS SCORED 6 IN 10. What more do you want. The fact he got 3 in one game is irrelevant. You leave out the fact that those three goals where all superb. Any other striker coming into the way we play will take time to bed in.

Agreed. Leo has hardly played this season, a new country, new and different way of playing.......ffs give him time to bed in, which with 6 in 10 seems to be what he is doing....rather quickly i'd say......and he tracks back and defends corners nicely.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bloom said last night how hard it is etc. Didn't sound close to anything.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Is TB and Gus don't achieve the loan of a QUALITY striker, shirley the season is to all and intents and purposes over, in that the 6 wins Gus talks about are extremely unlikely.

One true striker in the squad, and a midfield that is not bursting with goals from many different players .... will not be enough offensively.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Loads wanted Kevin Phillips last season and he was immense.

This season people saying the same thing and he goes and signs for that shambles up the road :(

Same with Jason Scotland banged them in....... and was another experienced head last season I'm sure who half the posters wanted, he signed for a borderline play-off side and spanked loads in. We'll learn eventually that alongside a couple of great young(ish) players for now we need an experienced poacher on the bench not 18 year old kids UP FRONT. Midfield is a different matter where pace will change a game in the final 20. Up front it's positioning and finishing from experience.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Loads wanted Kevin Phillips last season and he was immense.

This season people saying the same thing and he goes and signs for that shambles up the road :(

Same with Jason Scotland banged them in....... and was another experienced head last season I'm sure who half the posters wanted, he signed for a borderline play-off side and spanked loads in. We'll learn eventually that alongside a couple of great young(ish) players for now we need an experienced poacher on the bench not 18 year old kids UP FRONT. Midfield is a different matter where pace will change a game in the final 20. Up front it's positioning and finishing from experience.

I totally agree with you. We need someone capable of tucking the chances away. Someone like Micheal Owen would be perfect, lost his pace, but would still destroy the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here