Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loan foward

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We can't recall Dickensen until 28 days into his loan. You are spot on with everything in that post ( except the bit about Simon Church :lolol: )

Totally

I agree that an old experienced striker should be what we are going for. I just can't see how we're going to get one.

I think that's the risk/reward question that TB has to answer and probably already has. Money talks, but if he thinks he'll be putting into a lost cause (this season) we may be soldiering along with what we've got

Last edited:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
heard a horrednous Story just now from a UPS driver who says he has delivered to the Amex this morning suggesting that Vicente, Bridge and Bruno are all going to miss Sunday through injury!! I quickly told him him to bugger off and spread horrible rumours to someone else. (and for the record he supports West Ham) he left laughing.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
It would be interesting to see who is available and who people realistically think we could get from Darren Bent if we wanted to splash the cash, to David Connolly who is a proven scorer and doing so for Portsmouth who could possibly be persuaded to loan him for the cash they would get as relegation seems inevitable for them.

I ouwld think that TB reluctance or inability to spend money is the reason we cant get a loan in hence Kevin Philips went to Palace.
What a load of cobblers. I think he has spent enough on the Albion. I don't know the man but as a gambler I would have thought that TB has weighed up the pros and cons and would think it's a good punt to splash a bit of cash on a loan player. I think the ball is firmly in Gus's court.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
heard a horrednous Story just now from a UPS driver who says he has delivered to the Amex this morning suggesting that Vicente, Bridge and Bruno are all going to miss Sunday through injury!! I quickly told him him to bugger off and spread horrible rumours to someone else. (and for the record he supports West Ham) he left laughing.

:lolol: Did he have a cup of tea with Gus and discuss the team ?
:lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What a load of cobblers. I think he has spent enough on the Albion. I don't know the man but as a gambler I would have thought that TB has weighed up the pros and cons and would think it's a good punt to splash a bit of cash on a loan player. I think the ball is firmly in Gus's court.

You seem to have missed the point. TB has committed/spent over £100m for the stadium, £25+m for the new training complex perhaps he has reached his limit of just spending money and is reluctant to take a big gamble on a loan player this season and would prefer to 'see how it goes ' as regards promotion and perhaps mke a big effort next season. TB is not a walking cash machine who can continually just keep spending there has to be limits and perhaps he has reached his at the moment.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Maybe not....BBC News
1155:
FOOTBALL

Former Newcastle striker Nile Ranger, 21, who left the Magpies by mutual consent a fortnight ago, has been arrested on suspicion of assault.

Can see his career following a Leon Knight type trajectory.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The important points are when if ever is he due to appear in court for this alleged offence and being a free agent could he do a job with a short term contract subject to extension if agreeable to all.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011

Really hope this isn't true! Obviously Bruno is doubtful but I'm sure Vicente and Bridge were touch and go to play at Barnsley so surely....

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Play our 'hungry' kid Barker against The Scum and JFC too for that matter

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I think he's doing pretty well, what's he got, 5 in 9 or something? That's a pretty decent strike rate, especially for someone who came from another country only a couple of months ago.

As for moaning about moaners, no I don't stop all the while there is nothing to moan about. I genuinely can't see what the problem is, this is the best time to support Brighton in nearly 30 years. That doesn't mean I agree with everything Gus does, but I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt as on the whole he has been superb for us. Talk to fans of other Championship clubs and see what their reactions are when you say that some people are saying Gus should go. I showed my Ipswich supporting mate NSC yesterday and he burst out laughing. He said that he would take Poyet in a shot, and that Brighton fans have no idea how lucky they are. Every other club in this division is trying to get promoted as well, they all want to do it just as much as we do, and they're all trying just as hard.

I've been as critical as anyone of the club and the manager when I thought things weren't going right, but at the moment there really is virtually nothing to moan about. I just don't understand why people can't see that these are the good times, and they won't last forever. One day in the not too distant future we WILL be struggling a lot lower down than we are now, in front of half the crowds we're playing in front of now. That is when I'll be moaning. Until then I'll be loving every second of it. It won't last forever

Oh and for the record, I agree that an old experienced striker should be what we are going for. I just can't see how we're going to get one.
Agree with all of that :thumbsup:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I hope that is NOT what Poyet is looking for. The Agrie still has a lot to do before he can consider himself as our main striker, or at least one would hope so. I have nothing against the guy, and he certainly looks like a "prospect", but at the moment, he is far from the finished article, and IF we still have any hope of the playoffs, we need someone more used to out English game. It is only for a few weeks, so someone older like Bridge, Upson or Vicente would "do a job", just so long as they are actually fit enough to play, which is a major issue with our lack of consistance. Bridge out and we lose football matches, Vicente's fitness and availability has just become a joke. Upson, just shows what quality is available in the loan market.

Do you ever stop moaning about the moaners? Maybe a little subjectivity would make you into more of an individual, rather than simply following the "combined vision" of the NSC Clique? Do you ever have an original thought?

Is 6 goals in 10 starts (+1 as a sub) not good enough then?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Is 6 goals in 10 starts (+1 as a sub) not good enough then?

Not good enough to be our main striker to get us to the playoffs - no, as he has shown recently. BUT, he is showing a lot of promise for next year. Three came in one game against a very poor team, and he has struggles in the last three matches, including two rock bottom teams. He needs time, and IF we can get someone better but need to promise match time to get them, so be it. He would still get plenty of time on the pitch as well.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Not good enough to be our main striker to get us to the playoffs - no, as he has shown recently. BUT, he is showing a lot of promise for next year. Three came in one game against a very poor team, and he has struggles in the last three matches, including two rock bottom teams. He needs time, and IF we can get someone better but need to promise match time to get them, so be it. He would still get plenty of time on the pitch as well.

Jesus f"@king wept. HE HAS SCORED 6 IN 10. What more do you want. The fact he got 3 in one game is irrelevant. You leave out the fact that those three goals where all superb. Any other striker coming into the way we play will take time to bed in.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Jesus f"@king wept. HE HAS SCORED 6 IN 10. What more do you want. The fact he got 3 in one game is irrelevant. You leave out the fact that those three goals where all superb. Any other striker coming into the way we play will take time to bed in.

Exactly. Nearest thing to a goal machine we have had for years. And he works hard for the team all over the pitch.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

He doesn't like him because he isn't English, same reason he doesn't like Gus.

Anyone who thinks we have a chance of getting in a loan striker who's going
To score in more than 60% of the games he plays in is completely deluded. Ulloa is our main man, he just needs to stay for for the rest of the season or its game over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here