Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loan foward

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
100% this,,it was never ever about the money for a second. Their is only room for one ego at Brighton atm.

And you know this for a fact, do you?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Raheem sterling beeing touted all through the papers to join a championship side for rest of season. Maybe we could use him wide and buckley through the middle?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
true in many cases but look at Upson and Bridge?

Season long loans are different, and there are other positions Upson and Bridge could play. We need a striker who is happy to play up front by himself, but is also happy to play second fiddle to Ulloa. I can't see how someone like that is going to be available, if they are good enough to make a difference. But don't let that put the moaners off with their usual "Why haven't we signed a striker, Gus is sitting around doing nothing" bollocks.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Season long loans are different, and there are other positions Upson and Bridge could play. We need a striker who is happy to play up front by himself, but is also happy to play second fiddle to Ulloa. I can't see how someone like that is going to be available, if they are good enough to make a difference. But don't let that put the moaners off with their usual "Why haven't we signed a striker, Gus is sitting around doing nothing" bollocks.

I hope that is NOT what Poyet is looking for. The Agrie still has a lot to do before he can consider himself as our main striker, or at least one would hope so. I have nothing against the guy, and he certainly looks like a "prospect", but at the moment, he is far from the finished article, and IF we still have any hope of the playoffs, we need someone more used to out English game. It is only for a few weeks, so someone older like Bridge, Upson or Vicente would "do a job", just so long as they are actually fit enough to play, which is a major issue with our lack of consistance. Bridge out and we lose football matches, Vicente's fitness and availability has just become a joke. Upson, just shows what quality is available in the loan market.

Do you ever stop moaning about the moaners? Maybe a little subjectivity would make you into more of an individual, rather than simply following the "combined vision" of the NSC Clique? Do you ever have an original thought?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
ive got a good feeling we will

So have I, but it will have been too late to rescue the lost points since Hoskins and CMS were injured, and it will be hard for them to gel into our team at this late stage before Sunday. All this dithering will almost certainly cost us a playoff spot.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
There seems to be concerns about a loan player not getting a start as Gus only plays one up, surely the answer to this is to get in a loan player and play two up front.

We lack goals having three strikers out for what ever reasons and Vicente appearing to struggle for fitness Gus clearly needs to change something and have a bit of a gamble.

Still in with a good shout of the Play Off's but only if we gamble and start scoring goals, we won't make the top six unless we turn our form from the last three games back to our form of the previous run.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
We have to pull out all the stops and do whatever is necessary to try and make the play-offs. Why? Because the Championship is getting tougher and tougher, season by season and it is not a given that BHA are going to keep getting closer.
You can bring in strikers on a short term basis and they can do a job. e.g Lloyd Owusu. It is nonsense to say that there is no-one around. We all get brainwashed into this..." we'll only sign a player who's right for us "...type of comment. ( Buggar all that...just sign someone who can stick the ball in the net a few times.. it doesn't matter where he's been playing or whether he's 18 or 38 )
To read some of the people on here, you'd think everything was fine. We don't need anybody. We'll get by.
We won't get by, we do need at least one new body upfront. What happens if Ulloa ( now playing under massive pressure as the only striker, gets injured or sent off? )
Desperate situations call for desperate measures. We have one talented young striker out on loan, being eyed up by a host of clubs. I don't know the terms of his loan deal but if it allows, get him back, put him on the bench on Sunday and lets see what he can do. We also have Barker and Agdestein. If they aren't up to it, get rid.
I don't rate Simon Church but even he would help.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We have to pull out all the stops and do whatever is necessary to try and make the play-offs. Why? Because the Championship is getting tougher and tougher, season by season and it is not a given that BHA are going to keep getting closer.
You can bring in strikers on a short term basis and they can do a job. e.g Lloyd Owusu. It is nonsense to say that there is no-one around. We all get brainwashed into this..." we'll only sign a player who's right for us "...type of comment. ( Buggar all that...just sign someone who can stick the ball in the net a few times.. it doesn't matter where he's been playing or whether he's 18 or 38 )
To read some of the people on here, you'd think everything was fine. We don't need anybody. We'll get by.
We won't get by, we do need at least one new body upfront. What happens if Ulloa ( now playing under massive pressure as the only striker, gets injured or sent off? )
Desperate situations call for desperate measures. We have one talented young striker out on loan, being eyed up by a host of clubs. I don't know the terms of his loan deal but if it allows, get him back, put him on the bench on Sunday and lets see what he can do. We also have Barker and Agdestein. If they aren't up to it, get rid.
I don't rate Simon Church but even he would help.

We can't recall Dickensen until 28 days into his loan. You are spot on with everything in that post ( except the bit about Simon Church :lolol: )

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I hope that is NOT what Poyet is looking for. The Agrie still has a lot to do before he can consider himself as our main striker, or at least one would hope so. I have nothing against the guy, and he certainly looks like a "prospect", but at the moment, he is far from the finished article, and IF we still have any hope of the playoffs, we need someone more used to out English game. It is only for a few weeks, so someone older like Bridge, Upson or Vicente would "do a job", just so long as they are actually fit enough to play, which is a major issue with our lack of consistance. Bridge out and we lose football matches, Vicente's fitness and availability has just become a joke. Upson, just shows what quality is available in the loan market.

Do you ever stop moaning about the moaners? Maybe a little subjectivity would make you into more of an individual, rather than simply following the "combined vision" of the NSC Clique? Do you ever have an original thought?

I think he's doing pretty well, what's he got, 5 in 9 or something? That's a pretty decent strike rate, especially for someone who came from another country only a couple of months ago.

As for moaning about moaners, no I don't stop all the while there is nothing to moan about. I genuinely can't see what the problem is, this is the best time to support Brighton in nearly 30 years. That doesn't mean I agree with everything Gus does, but I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt as on the whole he has been superb for us. Talk to fans of other Championship clubs and see what their reactions are when you say that some people are saying Gus should go. I showed my Ipswich supporting mate NSC yesterday and he burst out laughing. He said that he would take Poyet in a shot, and that Brighton fans have no idea how lucky they are. Every other club in this division is trying to get promoted as well, they all want to do it just as much as we do, and they're all trying just as hard.

I've been as critical as anyone of the club and the manager when I thought things weren't going right, but at the moment there really is virtually nothing to moan about. I just don't understand why people can't see that these are the good times, and they won't last forever. One day in the not too distant future we WILL be struggling a lot lower down than we are now, in front of half the crowds we're playing in front of now. That is when I'll be moaning. Until then I'll be loving every second of it. It won't last forever

Oh and for the record, I agree that an old experienced striker should be what we are going for. I just can't see how we're going to get one.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Commander;5571256 Oh and for the record said:
It would be interesting to see who is available and who people realistically think we could get from Darren Bent if we wanted to splash the cash, to David Connolly who is a proven scorer and doing so for Portsmouth who could possibly be persuaded to loan him for the cash they would get as relegation seems inevitable for them.

I would think that TB reluctance or inability to spend money is the reason we cant get a loan in hence Kevin Philips went to Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here