Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So Kwarteng announces he will not increase Corporation Tax to 25% but keep it at 19%, the markets don't like that so you replace him with Jeremy Hunt, a man whose core pledge in the leadership race just 3 months ago was to reduce Corporation Tax to 15%.

The Thick Of It, Veep, Yes Prime Minister don't even come close to this level of incompetence. She was at the lectern for just 9 minutes and fielded just 4 questions in that time. Unbelievable.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thing is, none of these attributes are news, we have known this for weeks/months/years.

However, she still got the second highest number of MPs voting for her and most Tory party members :shrug:
This.

The last two clowns elected as tory leader are a reflection of the gormlessness of the conservative party. A tory member now is saying he voted for Truss and now thinks she should go. How can anyone actually do that? ???

Fuckwits.

"Do you trust yourself to choose the next prime minister" Tony asks him.

"I do" he says.

Delusional.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I don’t think so, from reports some Tory MPs would vote for an election now even if it meant losing their seats.
They won't; they'll just oust Truss as leader and hope that her replacement can bring back some credibility over the next 2 years to avoid total wipeout.

I hope I'm wrong, but betting markets have an election next year at 9-2 against, whereas a GE in 2024 is 1-3 favourite.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In the last ten years we have seen the evolution of grotesque tory entitlement. Time after time they f*** everything up, and then come up with a new plan that they declare is better than any other plan. Then they rinse and repeat. Ever more strong, and ever more stable. And some people still buy this. 'They are doing the best possible job under these difficult circumstances'.

Apparently when slavery was ended in the West Indies, many of the former slaves begged their former masters to take them back. There is probably a psychological term for this. Learned helplessness? And some animals will eat their own vomit. All this is behaviour associated with desperation, born of being in a near-death situation. How long will we have to put up with nearly-dead conservatives, 'leading' us, zombie-like, into oblivion, still convinced they have all the answers?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The last two clowns elected as tory leader are a reflection of the gormlessness of the conservative party. A tory member now is saying he voted for Truss and now thinks she should go. How can anyone actually do that? ???
Oh I dunno, sounds like NSC. A couple of defeats and some posters say "I was a supporter of Potter/De Zerbi/Whoever, but now I've changed my mind!"

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
How long will we have to put up with nearly-dead conservatives, 'leading' us, zombie-like, into oblivion, still convinced they have all the answers?

Unfortunately for as long as "immigrants!" and "brexit!" and "the last Labour government" continue to work on sections of the electorate.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
In the last ten years we have seen the evolution of grotesque tory entitlement. Time after time they f*** everything up, and then come up with a new plan that they declare is better than any other plan. Then they rinse and repeat. Ever more strong, and ever more stable. And some people still buy this. 'They are doing the best possible job under these difficult circumstances'.

Apparently when slavery was ended in the West Indies, many of the former slaves begged their former masters to take them back. There is probably a psychological term for this. Learned helplessness? And some animals will eat their own vomit. All this is behaviour associated with desperation, born of being in a near-death situation. How long will we have to put up with nearly-dead conservatives, 'leading' us, zombie-like, into oblivion, still convinced they have all the answers?
Until the opposition come up with something better.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Imagine if you were working on something like Spitting Image now.

"Boss, I've just finished the Zahawi puppet"
"Bad news Janet, He's gone"
"ALREADY!? Bloody hell. Right, I might be able to salvage some of this for the next one. Who is it?"
"Kwasi"
"Right. It's annoying but I'll start now"

A Few weeks later

"Hi boss, here's the Kwasi puppet. You can film that scene with the Truss Puppet now"
"Bad news Jane...."
"Oh f*** OFF"

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
96BFBB8C-D58E-4637-AAA9-26977C7D7F1C.jpeg

BenGarfield

Feb 22, 2019
crawley
Magic Money Tree*. it may as well, as thats the intent, to portray an economy where government can create money and spend on what they like and doesnt need to borrow. despite trillions of dollars, pounds, euros, yen, yuan, etc, it says the governments are doing it all wrong.

(*Modern Monetary Theory)
This is derailing the thread as discussion of MMT is forbidden

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here