Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Living in London

Smart Mart said:
Then there is also the Market Porter, which is one of my favourite locals in London.

Agreed. I can walk home (slightly scenic route) via the MP and the Royal Oak. Very dangerous but very pleasant.

Smart Mart said:
Borough has become very cool, especially since the Jubilee line was finished. I worked in the Hop Exchange in Southwark Street for many years.

When I go back to work in the City ( early next year...fingers crossed ) my plan is to get a weekday flat in the area.

You can walk to work in the City over one of the bridges in 5/10 minutes but also get a train back to Brighton anytime from London Bridge.

Then there is also the Market Porter, which is one of my favourite locals in London.

(With a cranky voice) ".......I remember when it was a crap 'ole"

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Lokki 7 said:
Agreed. I can walk home (slightly scenic route) via the MP and the Royal Oak. Very dangerous but very pleasant.

Are you talking about the Royal Oak in Hendon?

robbied69 said:
Are you talking about the Royal Oak in Hendon?

Nope. The Royal Oak Tabard Street, Borough, which serves the most beautiful pint of Sussex Best Bitter outside of its native county. Also where I had my sunday roast a few days ago. Marvellous.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Smart Mart said:
Borough has become very cool, especially since the Jubilee line was finished. I worked in the Hop Exchange in Southwark Street for many years.

When I go back to work in the City ( early next year...fingers crossed ) my plan is to get a weekday flat in the area.

You can walk to work in the City over one of the bridges in 5/10 minutes but also get a train back to Brighton anytime from London Bridge.

Borough is a great place, nice bars over-looking the river near Southwark Bridge like Zakudia, top place. And an amazing market for fresh grub :clap2:

Highfields Seagull said:
Cheers guys it's all food for thought. I'll have a proper look round some of these places next time I'm dahn south.

If you ever fancy a tour of Boroughs finest drinking establishments I'll be happy to oblige.

:drink: :drink: :drink:

Lokki 7 said:
If you ever fancy a tour of Boroughs finest drinking establishments I'll be happy to oblige.

:drink: :drink: :drink:

Sounds like your arranging a XMAS pub crawl?:bowdown: :clap2: :drink:

Lokki 7 said:
I'll leave that to the expert ;)

But it does sound like a good idea doesn't it?

more than happy to do the posting etc if you provide the tour and details,

if interested any dates? or 2 put it another way what days to avoid:rolleyes:

E

enigma

DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
West is best - the east end is a dive, trust me 5 minutes in Bow and you'll want to slit your wrists.

East isnt very nice, granted, especially as you go further out like round Upton Park, Stratford and East Ham.

But I think a lot of South is worse- particularly as you dont even have the tube in some bits of it which is well shit.

North West is good, provided your cut off point is Warwick Avenue/Little Venice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here