Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's the same way people used to bang on about Stoke's tactics when they played the big teams. It doesn't matter how you play as long as it's effective, and it was certainly that last night.

I take your point, but this is more ridiculous than that. All the commentary / pundits / presenters were telling us things last night, completely at odds with what we were watching.

AM's style isn't long ball or agricultural. They are not cloggers - they made exactly the same number of fouls as Liverpool in the game (17).

They defend narrow and deep, and enjoy defending. They wait for an error, to hand them the ball, and when they have it they try to use it.

The final goal was beautifully worked.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone who has had to listen to Liverpool fans strutting around with their chests puffed out and gloating over the last couple of months has to be enjoying this implosion. I know I’m loving it

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Anyone who has had to listen to Liverpool fans strutting around with their chests puffed out and gloating over the last couple of months has to be enjoying this implosion. I know I’m loving it

How many Liverpool fans have you heard gloating? Personally, not people on the internet.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
How many Liverpool fans have you heard gloating? Personally, not people on the internet.

I know two and I post on another forum (car) where one poster has been gloating and taking the piss all season

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know two and I post on another forum (car) where one poster has been gloating and taking the piss all season

Three out of thousands!
I can name three Brighton fans that I think are obnoxious. I won't, of course. :D

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Three out of thousands!
I can name three Brighton fans that I think are obnoxious. I won't, of course. :D

Nope you are not going to rein in my amusement as what has happened to Liverpool by expecting me to be rational about it :wink:

Try the King and Queen Kop when we play Liverpool if you want proof that there are more than three obnoxious Liverpool fans. Mostly Sussex born and bred too

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Oh yes it’s majestic especially when their melty fans are on the radio demanding they buy Haaland in the summer as Sala and co can’t finish :tosser:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
How is that the fault of the fans? I've met some great people from Liverpool and know a couple of people who are genuine fans.
Media hype is always directed somewhere. Hate the hype not the subject.

Hence my OP.

For some reason I had to smile at this “and know a couple of people who are genuine fans”

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nope you are not going to rein in my amusement as what has happened to Liverpool by expecting me to be rational about it :wink:

That's what I am questioning, the rationality. I can think of far worse clubs than Liverpool to hate. I hate Chelsea for instance and have done since the 60s.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That's what I am questioning, the rationality. I can think of far worse clubs than Liverpool to hate. I hate Chelsea for instance and have done since the 60s.

Oh I don’t hate them, I am just enjoying their burst balloon.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I work in Liverpool and there hasn’t been any gloating in my office. I think it tends to be more the plastic from Plymouth who couldn’t find Liverpool on a map that does, whilst having nothing to gloat about in reality as they will have done nothing to contribute to their success.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Carragher, Thompson, McManaman, Owen - have been shoving it down our throats all season, mistaking EPL dominance this season for world dominance in perpetuity

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Carragher, Thompson, McManaman, Owen - have been shoving it down our throats all season, mistaking EPL dominance this season for world dominance in perpetuity

I don't watch them so not had it shoved down my throat.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
surprised by so much dislike of an English team From a neutral point of view great pity best footballing side didnt go through. Thought some of Liverpools attacking play was fantastic to watch. Going into extra time Madrid hadnt got out of there half let alone Liverpools penalty area. This game summed up what a great game football is.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
surprised by so much dislike of an English team

I couldn't really care less about other English teams in Europe. If they win either cup, great. If they don't, not bothered.

But let me ask all of you who champion English clubs in europe... would you support Palace in European competition?

Cos I fukin wouldn't.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
surprised by so much dislike of an English team

They're a multi-national company with an HQ in Liverpool.

Salah isn't "banging them in for England". Klopp is not "dreaming for England".

I guess they're representing the Premier League but personally I don't get excited about that.

I don't hate Liverpool by any means, but their sycophantic media coverage and "This means more" messaging is truly nauseating.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
papajaff;9274491 But let me ask all of you who champion English clubs in europe... would you support Palace in European competition? Cos I fukin wouldn't.[/QUOTE said:
Very succinct, neither would I! The chances of Palace getting into Europe means this won’t be tested anytime soon.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I guess they're representing the Premier League but personally I don't get excited about that.

I don't hate Liverpool by any means, but their sycophantic media coverage and "This means more" messaging is truly nauseating.

This.

Lineker was fawning all over them as usual. "Lets just pause now, as I know watching at home you'll want to hear the anthem..." - err....not really, Gary.

then

"spine-tingling stuff as always" :rolleyes:

Then the resident scouse on co-commentary gushing away. Its SO tiresome. You just get weary of it, which is why its so delightful when LFC go and f*ck it up. I really geniunely enjoy that. If they are allowed to win the PL, I hope they receive the trophy in an empty stadium.

Yes, I'm that bitter.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Agreed. As an entity they are not 'English' in any real sense. They're foreign-owned, foreign-managed and most of their best players are foreign-born. They're representing the PL, but they're not representing England. Even their fans see themselves as Scouse rather than English.

Back in the 60s and 70s we always supported teams like Liverpool in Europe, as a match between Liverpool and say Bayern Munich was Britain (and Ireland) v Germany. Those days are long-gone, and now if I'm going to 'support' a team in match where I don't really care my criteria are going to be things like ownership, and who is the underdog? Certainly I'm not going to support someone just because their global HQ happens to be in the UK. Really don't understand why people still do.

I don't hate them though, and I'm not going to join in with the general sneering. Bit tinpot tbh. (But understandable)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here