Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Not sure why a lot of people are pleased a Spanish side won playing anti football and diving to the floor at every opportunity to waste time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well that was thoroughly enjoyable. I love it when a team I don't give a shit about ROYALLY f*cks it up from a grand position.

When they went 2-0 up there was some DIMBOT plastic in my local already "celebrating" getting through to the last 8. I pointed out that the tie was still on a knife edge, and the "naah...." was barely out of her gob before Atletico scored.

I enjoy those moments almost as much as BHA winning. The Plastic Reds deflated, at least until Hollyoaks is on the next day. Come on Covid-19 - f*ck their title up as well.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Michael Owen going on about Liverpool being the best in Europe.. think there's a few teams out there that might disagree. They've been great this season in the PL but its just performances that mean they're catching up with Europe's elite. To outright say ''they're the best'' is pretty naive.

One of the more sickening comments was from "Fletch" when he said "the rest of Europe will breathe a huge sigh of relief now that Liverpool are out". Yeah - but probably not for the reason you're assuming.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Can't work out what I think of Simeone. His teams generally cheat and time-waste like ********.

And yet. And yet. He is one of the rare breed of coach who conjures up more from his teams that the sum of its parts. And quite consistently too. What we need from GP, I would suggest.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Can't work out what I think of Simeone. His teams generally cheat and time-waste like ********.

And yet. And yet. He is one of the rare breed of coach who conjures up more from his teams that the sum of its parts. And quite consistently too. What we need from GP, I would suggest.

The stream I watched said Simeone is the highest paid coach in the world, earning €48m a season. That's €20m more than Pep.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
He's doing twice as much, on less than half the budget.

Simeone is a rich man's Sam Allerdyce,
Pep probably the greatest manager ever. Pep has won 27 tropheys as a manager. Simeone has won only 7 in the same time.

I'd say Pep was a bargain by comparison.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Not sure why a lot of people are pleased a Spanish side won playing anti football and diving to the floor at every opportunity to waste time.

Always nice to see the armchair Liverpool fans upset, and the media oh and the " Scouse not English " mob. :D

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Pretty average season for Liverpool now isn’t it. Done well in the league, but threw away invincible run, out of the cups, out of Europe.

Puts them on par with Leicester or Blackburn in the PL era

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Liverpool season is now over. Games behind closed doors. Nothing to play for (title all but won).
QUICK THOUGHT
Liverpool could have won the title at Everton on Monday (Man City had to lose all games first, including Arsenal). I wonder how many Liverpool fans have spent good money on a black market ticket? No full refund if behind closed doors.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Simeone is a rich man's Sam Allerdyce,
Pep probably the greatest manager ever. Pep has won 27 tropheys as a manager. Simeone has won only 7 in the same time.

I'd say Pep was a bargain by comparison.

Not exactly hard to win the Bundesliga when you’re Bayern Munich’s manager, I reckon Hyppia could have won that. During his time at Barcelona he presided over one of the most expensively assembled, and skilful club sides in history, Man City gave him untold millions to spend on the worlds greatest players.
Good for him for his success, without him maybe those teams wouldn’t have been so good. It’s a bit like Celtic fans getting gooey eyed every season when they win the MTL and Scottish Cups.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
English side knocked out. Shame.

Some people don't like some of their supporters (the plastic ones). Boo hoo.

So, I can't understand the hatred for Liverpool FC. If I see a nobber parent I don't wish their baby would die. :shrug:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I honestly do not get the media narrative (Klopp clinging to it, as well) salting Atletico for how they played last night.

It was a CONSUMATE away performance. They were absolutely brilliant. Clinical.

The media bias also entirely ignores that Liverpool were utterly out-played in the first leg. Atletico wholeheartedly deserved to go through, over the two ties.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Absolutely. Ridiculous how some people just have this hatred of all things Scouse. It's lucky for them that Scousers aren't a race, because all of NSC knows where that would leave them ...................

Yep, see what I mean?

I know there are some arrogant Liverpool fans, but all clubs have them.

I grew up watching the Liverpool under Shankly,Paisley and still have some affection for the club.
At the time I also liked Man Utd with Best Charlton etc. Although I hated them under Ferguson no matter how good they were!

As far as I am concerned any English club competing in Europe gets my support. Even Utd in Europe.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I honestly do not get the media narrative (Klopp clinging to it, as well) salting Atletico for how they played last night.

It was a CONSUMATE away performance. They were absolutely brilliant. Clinical.

The media bias also entirely ignores that Liverpool were utterly out-played in the first leg. Atletico wholeheartedly deserved to go through, over the two ties.

It's the same way people used to bang on about Stoke's tactics when they played the big teams. It doesn't matter how you play as long as it's effective, and it was certainly that last night.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Because many of us have had enough of the media’s BS 24/7 Liverpool love in .

How is that the fault of the fans? I've met some great people from Liverpool and know a couple of people who are genuine fans.
Media hype is always directed somewhere. Hate the hype not the subject.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here