[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
The last Albion goalscorer when we had a King was Ken Bennett (2nd goal). The third goal was an own goal, initially credited to Frankie Howard.

Little Fact:

Many folks think that the singing of 'Sussex by the Sea' originates from the mid-60s. A look at programme notes from the early 50s suggests its origins are at least that far back (Supporters writing in asking for the full wording).

Big credit to [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] and THAT bloody site that has cost me hours of my life over the years.

Maybe they should have put the words to GOSBTS on a big display board so everyone could follow along, or would that look a bit embarrassing?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Six weeks ago I’d have felt quite confident, don’t know what to feel about this now TBH. I hate Liverpool so would love to smash these twats.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Well all I can say is that we’ve had the usual warm welcome now we are at Anfield from all scousers … red and blue … including a blue that got on the coach when we arrived to give us info about where we needed to go and warning about no smoke bombs etc. all done in a relaxed way. Welcoming stewards having a laugh and joke with fans … and a few Liverpool supporters I passed just said hello to me!

Been watching new coaching team put cones out. Will be interesting to see if any difference to warm up routine.

3 points will make this a great day!

123E565F-FA6A-4243-849D-5209BFF9B642.jpeg

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Well all I can say is that we’ve had the usual warm welcome now we are at Anfield from all scousers … red and blue … including a blue that got on the coach when we arrived to give us info about where we needed to go and warning about no smoke bombs etc. all done in a relaxed way. Welcoming stewards having a laugh and joke with fans … and a few Liverpool supporters I passed just said hello to me!

Been watching new coaching team put cones out. Will be interesting to see if any difference to warm up routine.

3 points will make this a great day!

View attachment 152364

Echo this totally no animosity at all from locals ..

( and PB note loads of porta loos outside the ground )

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Let's see then. Total free hit. Ideally the players look confident and organised. Anything else a bonus given the circumstances.

Sent from my S61 using Tapatalk

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
I'd love to see Enciso make a mark under De Zerbi. He seems to be the type of player that could thrive in his system, perhaps he can become our Berardi.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Not really - the first game under the new monarch was a 3-0 tonking at Northampton!
Yes but that was when there a woman on the throne, and quite frankly a little bit naive and inexperienced at the time.
It took many years of her reign before Brighton became a force at the top of the game

And don't forget we won the Charity Shield with a King on the throne, so definite chances for silverware methinks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports