Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion, FA Cup 5th Round *** Official Match Thread ***

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Indeed Ev

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
I thought starting match threads was the sole domain of BBBW ? It doesn't feel right otherwise. Look what happened with the Millwall game....

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
my finger is itching to connect player but it must be way to early
Meggy laying in the brillient sunshine and like me ready for the game
1-3 to the Albion the pool won't know whats hit them
cue more shite about Gus wanting to manage the pool after kenny gets edged out

SEAGULLS

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
brighton to win 2-0.

SEEAAAGUULLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
As well as spelling the ref's name correctly.
Assessor also included today, as he has a funny surname.

Referee: ANDRE MARRINER
Assistants: Steve Child and David Richardson
Fourth Official: Stuart Attwell
Assessor: David Horlick

FA Cup Matches at Liverpool - all time
Brighton wins - 1
Liverpool wins - 0
Draws - 2
Brighton goals - 5
Liverpool goals - 4

FA Cup Results at Liverpool - all time
26.01.1991 (r4) Liverpool 2-2 Brighton
20.02.1983 (r5) Liverpool 1-2 Brighton
01.02.1908 (r2) Liverpool 1-1 Brighton

Head-to-head
• Liverpool have a 50% winning record against Brighton. They have triumphed in 12 of 24 competitive meetings, Brighton in four, with eight drawn.
• There is nothing to choose between them in the FA Cup, with both winning two of their four previous ties.
• Brighton's 2-1 win in the fifth round in February 1983, was one match on the way to the Wembley final. Liverpool progressed on the most recent occasion, with an odd goal in five extra time victory in a fourth round replay in January 1991.

Liverpool
• The fourth round conquerors of Manchester United have not made the quarter-finals since winning the FA Cup for the seventh time in their history in 2006.
• Already Wembley-bound for the Carling Cup final, Liverpool have knocked out lower league opposition from the FA Cup in six of the last nine occasions. But they had their interest in the competition ended by Barnsley in 2008 and by another Championship club, Reading, in the season before last.
• Kenny Dalglish's men have not lost at Anfield in any competition this season (W6, D9).

Brighton
• The Seagulls are appearing in the fifth round for the second season running, but they have not qualified for the quarter-finals since 1986.
• Brighton knocked out Premier League Newcastle in the fourth round; the first time they had prevailed in their last seven clashes against top-flight opposition.
• Gus Poyet's club have not lost in any competition so far in 2012, winning six and drawing four of the 10 league and cup games.

I went to university with linesman David Richardson. He was an absolute tool. That is all.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I've got a better feeling about this game than the home one. I think our usual players know what they are expected to do.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
On my way to watch the game in a pub in Frankfurt with a few Liverpool fans.. come on the Albion!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
not going to many on here today by the looks
wish I was fit enough to go, I think its going to be a very good day for the Albion

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
As weve got friends over to watch the game on TV (part of my Albion promotion scheme here in Turkey) I wont be online but have a great one everyone!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here