Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion, FA Cup 5th Round *** Official Match Thread ***

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Ha!! :) I am interested in getting into Journalism HB&B so any constructive feedback, indeed from anyone would be gratefully received. Does anyone work in the industry?

Hello-you don't know me yet,but we have been watching you and we are impressed with your strike rate on OMDT's-we will shortly be sending a representative to discuss things-

well this bit anyway,i feel confident even more now-

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Hello-you don't know me yet,but we have been watching you and we are impressed with your strike rate on OMDT's-we will shortly be sending a representative to discuss things-

well this bit anyway,i feel confident even more now-

:) :)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It is a beautiful sunny morning up here. In Manchester anyway!

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Leaving in 10 for Anfield. Can't find my 'parcel shelf' scarf so if a waving maniac in a Black Golf waves at you / your car / minibus up the M23/M25/M40/M6, that's me.

I've left this a tiny bit late. Still, I can park outside the ground, can't I? *whistles*

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Brilliant scenes in Liverpool city centre last night as the cry of seagulls went up!! Few dodgy looks and some banter but must have been mainly everton fans about!!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Huge numbers of swooping seagulls on m40.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
so envious of the fans up in Liverpool today - hope they have a fantastic time

good luck to all the regular matchday posters on here - following the success of organising a family party to watch us on tv in the last round I felt duty bound to not break the luck and to do the same again, which means sadly I won't be posting on this thread later today :)

what with kids and grandkids and a few Albion supporting friends there should be near 20 of us this afternoon watching on 60" 3D-HDsurroundsoundTV and I'm hoping that at the end of the game there will be an excuse to make another champagne cork dent in my son's living room ceiling :lol:

Great to watch a game where really the result doesn't matter and as long as we put up a decent showing we can be proud of the team. Then it's back to Hull in the week and chewing my nails to the quick for a result because it's the league that matters.

Seagull85

Apr 21, 2009
I'm part of the army convy thats just left the services at the m40
Great to see so many fans there we pretty much filled the services!
Wish i could be a part of today but i have to go on excerise in newcastle good luck to the lads today and hope you all have a great day out!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

F.A. Cup 5th Round
Sunday 19 February 2012 4:30 pm
Liverpool v Brighton & Hove Albion
Anfield

120px-Liverpool_FC_logo.png
v
120px-Brighton_%26_Hove_Albion_logo.svg.png

Scouting Report

Liverpool v Brighton FA Cup 5th Rd. Kop Forum

I expect a near 100% will expect Liverpool to win and it is about 50/50 whether their fans think that Liverpool should field a below full strength side.

PS: I thought we would lose the home match by a larger margin (1-4). This time with our players fit and Liverpool looking competetent rather than really dangerous, I would go for a 2-2 draw. I think complacency might set in, despite knowing the dangers, Liverpool will not be able to help it.​

Liverpool First XI

-------------------------------Reina----------------------------
-----------Johnson--------Skrtel---------Agger------Enrique---
-----------------------------Spearing---------------------------
---------------Kuyt-----------Gerrard---------Bellamy-------
-------------------------Suarez---------Carroll-----------------​

Kelly is favoured over Johnson by some.

Carragher is still popular.

Maxi is sometimes preferred to Kuyt.

Adam gets lots of games.

Downing has not been playing well.

Doni is the reserve keeper.

Henderson is a right footed midfielder with a lot of energy.

Lucas would be an obvious starter but he is out for the season.

Possible surprise packages:

Raheem Sterling

In the League Cup game, both sides played makeshift defences, the Liverpool back four was the their reserve team. And I am not sure how to describe the Albion back four on the day, that played OK after the nervousness at the beginning of the game (which lasted most of the first half).

Something has got to give, maybe, but a draw 2-2 might be par.
Liverpool, are undefeated at Anfield this season and the Albion have never lost an FA Cup tie at Anfield.

Danger men:

Vicente (Brighton) the most dangerous player on the pitch (if he is fit enough) to play. Incisive, deceptive and like a dagger in the heart of any defence in the world.

Agger (Liverpool) which Brighton may not have the resources to prevent scoring, coming up from defence. Worrying.

Johnson (Liverpool). If Johnson can get forward his long accurate passes on short clinical passes into the penalty area posed Man United a special problem and with Brighton missing their central dymanmao Sparrow, it is worse for them than the lack of fitness of Scholes.

Buckley (Brighton). His stamina and pass needs an defender of the quality of Enrique to negatise his pace and striking accuracy.

Kazenga Lua lua (Brighton) a bit too fast for any defender to cope with, but if he does not get the ball in the first place? Substiute.

Maxi (Liverpool). if Brighton are chasing the game looks like he may get enough space to cause damage.

Gerrard (Liverpool) Still a danger from set pieces, especially corners, if not quite so much from open play now.

Forecast: 2-2 very watchable.

History:

And Kenny, to be a good manager you do not have to win the FA Cup. Bob Paisley never won the FA Cup especially not in his last year of 1983.

Last edited:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Why the f*** do you always feel the need to start another match thread within the actual match thread?!?!

F.A. Cup 5th Round
Sunday 19 February 2012 4:30 pm
Liverpool v Brighton & Hove Albion
Anfield

120px-Liverpool_FC_logo.png
v
120px-Brighton_%26_Hove_Albion_logo.svg.png

Scouting Report

Liverpool v Brighton FA Cup 5th Rd. Kop Forum

I expect a near 100% will expect Liverpool to win and it is about 50/50 whether their fans think that Liverpool should field a below full strength side.

PS: I thought we would lose the home match by a larger margin (1-4). This time with our players fit and Liverpool looking competetent rather than really dangerous, I would go for a 2-2 draw. I think complacency might set in, despite knowing the dangers, Liverpool will not be able to help it.​

Liverpool First XI

-------------------------------Reina----------------------------
-----------Johnson--------Skrtel---------Agger------Enrique---
-----------------------------Spearing---------------------------
---------------Kuyt-----------Gerrard---------Bellamy-------
-------------------------Suarez---------Carroll-----------------​

Kelly is favoured over Johnson by some.

Carragher is still popular.

Maxi is sometimes preferred to Kuyt.

Adam gets lots of games.

Downing has not been playing well.

Doni is the reserve keeper.

Henderson is a right footed midfielder with a lot of energy.

Lucas would be an obvious starter but he is out for the season.

Possible surprise packages:

Raheem Sterling

In the League Cup game, both sides played makeshift defences, the Liverpool back four was the their reserve team. And I am not sure how to describe the Albion back four on the day, that played OK after the nervousness at the beginning of the game (which lasted most of the first half).

Something has got to give, maybe, but a draw 2-2 might be par.
Liverpool, are undefeated at Anfield this season and the Albion have never lost an FA Cup tie at Anfield.

Danger men:

Vicente (Brighton) the most dangerous player on the pitch (if he is fit enough) to play. Incisive, deceptive and like a dagger in the heart of any defence in the world.

Agger (Liverpool) which Brighton may not have the resources to prevent scoring, coming up from defence. Worrying.

Johnson (Liverpool). If Johnson can get forward his long accurate passes on short clinical passes into the penalty area posed Man United a special problem and with Brighton missing their central dymanmao Sparrow, it is worse for them than the lack of fitness of Scholes.

Buckley (Brighton). His stamina and pass needs an defender of the quality of Enrique to negatise his pace and striking accuracy.

Kazenga Lua lua (Brighton) a bit too fast for any defender to cope with, but if he does not get the ball in the first place? Substiute.

Maxi (Liverpool). if Brighton are chasing the game looks like he may get enough space to cause damage.

Gerrard (Liverpool) Still a danger from set pieces, especially corners, if not quite so much from open play now.

Forecast: 2-2 very watchable.

History:

And Kenny, to be a good manager you do not have to win the FA Cup. Bob Paisley never won the FA Cup especially not in his last year of 1983.

[/QUOTE]

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I've heard a coach has broken down on the M40 and a replacement has been called from Brighton. Riot broke out and police called. Hopefully other fans in cars can ferry these poor bastards to the game - keep your eyes peeled.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here