Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion, FA Cup 5th Round *** Official Match Thread ***

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
whilst we all wait with bated breath for your career in journalsim to start could you please ensure that your current career does not falter, i have just been in the bogs and they need mopping and trap 2 has no paper left, in your own time.....

Ha!! :)

How's things mate?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Knowing what time the match kicks-off I imagine would be invaluable to any hack!
As well as spelling the ref's name correctly.
Assessor also included today, as he has a funny surname.

Referee: ANDRE MARRINER
Assistants: Steve Child and David Richardson
Fourth Official: Stuart Attwell
Assessor: David Horlick

FA Cup Matches at Liverpool - all time
Brighton wins - 1
Liverpool wins - 0
Draws - 2
Brighton goals - 5
Liverpool goals - 4

FA Cup Results at Liverpool - all time
26.01.1991 (r4) Liverpool 2-2 Brighton
20.02.1983 (r5) Liverpool 1-2 Brighton
01.02.1908 (r2) Liverpool 1-1 Brighton

Head-to-head
• Liverpool have a 50% winning record against Brighton. They have triumphed in 12 of 24 competitive meetings, Brighton in four, with eight drawn.
• There is nothing to choose between them in the FA Cup, with both winning two of their four previous ties.
• Brighton's 2-1 win in the fifth round in February 1983, was one match on the way to the Wembley final. Liverpool progressed on the most recent occasion, with an odd goal in five extra time victory in a fourth round replay in January 1991.

Liverpool
• The fourth round conquerors of Manchester United have not made the quarter-finals since winning the FA Cup for the seventh time in their history in 2006.
• Already Wembley-bound for the Carling Cup final, Liverpool have knocked out lower league opposition from the FA Cup in six of the last nine occasions. But they had their interest in the competition ended by Barnsley in 2008 and by another Championship club, Reading, in the season before last.
• Kenny Dalglish's men have not lost at Anfield in any competition this season (W6, D9).

Brighton
• The Seagulls are appearing in the fifth round for the second season running, but they have not qualified for the quarter-finals since 1986.
• Brighton knocked out Premier League Newcastle in the fourth round; the first time they had prevailed in their last seven clashes against top-flight opposition.
• Gus Poyet's club have not lost in any competition so far in 2012, winning six and drawing four of the 10 league and cup games.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
HB&B giving journalism tips. What next? Vanessa Feltz giving dieting tips? Paris Hilton on how to contribute to society? Vicente on how to keep fit?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Investigative Journalism

See the the See the Scouting Report for the lowdown on our opponents and a link to their fans forum. They have got quite a lot of forums (correct English is fora, but this is ugly and Hansard uses the word forums) but the Kop forum seems the best, but rival supporters are not represented.

What we need is a secret agent in their camp. No one available?

The Telegraph printed the wrong referee on their web page. Dowdy checking.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
See the the See the Scouting Report for the lowdown on our opponents and a link to their fans forum. They have got quite a lot of forums (correct English is fora, but this is ugly and Hansard uses the word forums) but the Kop forum seems the best, but rival supporters are not represented.

What we need is a secret agent in their camp. No one available?

The Telegraph printed the wrong referee on their web page. Dowdy checking.

Have you been drinking?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He looks like a girl
He looks like a girrrlll
Andy Carroll
He look like a girl

Al74lU0CQAA7hX4.jpg

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
come on you super seagulls

Oct 25, 2003
Ha!! :) I am interested in getting into Journalism HB&B so any constructive feedback, indeed from anyone would be gratefully received. Does anyone work in the industry?

if you want an easy way to expand your portfolio, i'm always looking for writers for the website in my signature....i can't pay though

give me a PM if you're interested....not been in the industry long so can't give a great deal of advice.....apart from don't listen to hb&b

seagull1981

Blue & White Forever
Aug 8, 2010
Sports Radio journalism ideally Tricky although I am aware it's an extremely difficult field to get into.....

I just need a break. :)

Bit of advice (without trying to sound big headed), Have a main sport (i presume football) but always have a couple others to look up on to broaden your areas of work.
good luck! :lol:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
couple of interesting posts from their forum..

Anyone who thinks we shouldn't be playing Spearing against a team who pass the ball as well as Brighton need to take a look at themselves and question their football knowledge. A midfield of Adam and Gerrard would get slaughtered.

I just hope we don't underestimate brighton like some of our fans are doing, they are a good side who deserve respect

in other news, their match thread is up to 9 pages...9 pages full of football talk.
not ONE mention of nancy boys or such like.
quite refreshing actually

Last edited:

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Sorry if it's been asked already, but when would any replay take place? There is an international break about ten days after the 19th. Thankee kindly :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's f***ing cold up here!!! Horrible cold wind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here