Little bands no one's ever heard of.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flex Your Head

This is one of my very favourite songs from the last 12 months or so; The Hobbes Fanclub.

Cassolette are another recent 'discovery' and are super-dooper. You can download all their songs for free from here - Cassolette

Staly - you have good indie-pop taste. I'm pleased to see some bands I really like on this thread, especially Shrag who are bloody brilliant (and feature in the Brighton-based mix-tape in my signature. A second mix will soon be on there too).

My Last.fm page is also in my signature. I think that apart from Eels, and Wire who used to be on EMI, the other 48 groups and artists in my Top 50 could be described as 'little bands'.

Anyone up for a 'mix-tape' swap?

Last edited:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
The Indelicates. At least I don't think anyone's heard of them...

Difficult to pick one song as each track of both of their albums vary so much one to the other, but I like this one. Plenty more out there on YouTube or iTunes...

Really like this, reminds me of British Sea Power. Good call.

Don't know why but in parts I can hear a Levellers kinda sound. Like it.

Have just realised after a quick stalk of their website - they will be in the Ranelagh Arms on December 16th. Definitely worth seeing live 0 highly recommend (again).

Last edited:

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Supportingi Gruff Rhys on his solo tour, welsh instrumentists Yr Niwl

This song is the theme to a TV show, see if you can guess which one

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004

Not exactly a little band - The XX but i wouldnt call them popular but love their style. You hear the music used as backing tracks for a lot of stuff on TV.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
the mekons were good,uk decay too,scottish band positive noise anyone heard of them?

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Brighton band I hadn't heard off until the weekend. Mind you, my finger is not exactly on the musical pulse

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Have just realised after a quick stalk of their website - they will be in the Ranelagh Arms on December 16th. Definitely worth seeing live 0 highly recommend (again).

just had a look too; she was in the Pippettes. They were good too.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Brighton band I hadn't heard off until the weekend. Mind you, my finger is not exactly on the musical pulse

***Insider*** They are back together and have just started recording a new album. Should be good if they can stop bickering long enough to finish it.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
The Dualers have been around a while but never had the success they deserve. Love them, if you're lucky you might catch them busking in a shopping centre near you, great fun band!

Last edited:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
the mekons were good

They were good in their earlier dishevelled bedroom punk guise and The Quality of Mercy is not Strnen is a good if a bit patchy album. I was less enamoured with them when they reformed and went down the country road.

Ex-Mekon Jon Langford's next band The Three Johns were in many ways both way more obscure and way better. Atom Drum Bop and The World By Storm are both excellent albums. Did anyone else see tham playing the Escape Club (I think), ca. 1986/87? It was around that time that a very young and unknown Primal Scream played at the Escape supporting someone or other - it may have been the same gig, although I'm not 100% sure.

uk decay too

Another favourite of mine. For Madmen Only was a great album. And as for the Rising From the Dread EP, Testament is a superb song, and Werewolf a true goth classic, and at least the equal of Bela Lugoosi's Dead. But I got banned from playing it in company as the heavy breathing/howling bit at the start used to keep freaking out the Mrs.

Gregory2 said:
scottish band positive noise anyone heard of them?

Yes. Charm and Give Me Passion, both great singles. Positive Negative, not so much. I admit I kind of lost interest in and touch with them after that.

Last edited:

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
Naked Lunch, Austrian alternative rock band who charted a top 40 album a few years back, but nothing before or since.

Donuts, German punk-rock band.

iLikeTRAINS, charted a few singles at chart placings such as #180, #195 only because their songs are too strange to be played on the radio. That's what makes them good.

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
Astrid, mid-tempo Scottish rock band who released 3 albums, had a few top 100 singles before disbanding. Bass player bow in the more successful Idlewild.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Colon - 'Kick. In. The. Sun'

[yt]ClcwKgxu2wk[/yt]

From Indie Club. No compromise!

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
iLikeTRAINS, charted a few singles at chart placings such as #180, #195 only because their songs are too strange to be played on the radio. That's what makes them good.

They're quite popular on NSC.

And they've changed their name now. Or at least the capitalisation and spacing of it. They're currently I LIKE TRAINS, with spaces, I believe.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My daughters boyfriend's band, lazy habits.

Really tight band based in and around London.

Played Concorde 2 last week and went down a storm

Oh yes and guest vocalist and artist in her own right...baby sol. Fab voice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports