Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Little bands no one's ever heard of.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
A great band in early 90'd that played brighton a lot were Mega City 4, excellent live.

attwood

Aug 1, 2006
Blueboy, Cats on Fire, Dreamdate, Papa Topo, Beaumont, Aislers Set, Lucksmiths, La Casa Azul....loads of bands to discover on the Cloudberry label as well as Wee Pop & Pebble Records. And then there's all the joys of Sarah Records.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
The singer Willie Campbell released an album Down By The Head under the name 'The Open Day Rotation' a couple of years ago...follow up sometime soon...
Think I'll check that one out! :D. Their acoustic sets on BBC Scotland's 2000 T in the Park coverage were brilliant. Strange hearing the singer say in an interview afters they saw Snow Patrol earlier on in the day, only to become commercially successful while Astrid stayed on the same boat Gary Lightbody and co were on at the time.

Flex Your Head

I loved Comet Gain.
Loved? They're still going strong and their last album - Howl Of The Lonely Crowd - from about 6 months ago is one of the finest releases of the year. It's f***ing spectacualr in fact.

Another wonderful but currently defunct Brighton band - Esiotrot

Not their greatest song but there're very few to choose from on Youtube.

The Legends one of about a zillion fantatsic bands from Sweden. They released Up Against It a few years back and it's probably my favourite album of the last 10 years.
This is 2 mins 32 secs of crunchy, punky, poppy perfection:

Last edited:

At the Zap, one of my fave gigs was The Hearthrobs with Popinjays. Both really good, and remained obscure to most in the mainstream.

Swedish band TSOOL have been really good for a long time, and no-one outside of the country seems to have heard of them.
[yt]9DgyeIm2CQ4[/yt]

[yt]FaCKp_IqwpI[/yt]

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
Think I'll check that one out! :D. Their acoustic sets on BBC Scotland's 2000 T in the Park coverage were brilliant. Strange hearing the singer say in an interview afters they saw Snow Patrol earlier on in the day, only to become commercially successful while Astrid stayed on the same boat Gary Lightbody and co were on at the time.

samples here...Down By The Head: The Open Day Rotation: Amazon.co.uk: Music

An album with Scottish author Kevin MacNeil is also supposedly in the pipeline - check out the track Local Man Ruins Everything

Funny how the music business goes sometimes...

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Remember seeing a band in the cobblers thumb one night called " The Love Gods".........good sound and the most gorgeous , stunning woman on vocals I've ever seen front a band !!!

Sent from my bed in my garden shed !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here