Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lino embows Robertson

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If somebody grabs your arm, you instinctively move it backwards to shrug someone off, not lift it upwards towards their chin?
Disagree, if someone tugs at your arm i.e. a motion to pull down, then you do instinctively move your arm up then forwards to get them off. That is all that has happened, Robertson was just too close and too short and so it may have just accidentally caught his chin, but pure accident.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I still can’t believe nothing happened to Bruno for his push on a lino against Liverpool. Obviously the “it is a big match so keep cards in pocket” rule applies which has always benefited the big clubs. But that crossed a line.

I think officials should just start speaking to the players like they speak to them. Or alternatively just be like rugby and send off anyone arguing at all. It would soon stop.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It really is nothing. The lino didn't intend to catch his jaw. It was nothing more than a 'push off'

I don't agree with Keane much, but yeah, 'cry baby'.

Imagine if it had been Kane. He would have gone down clutching his knee.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Robertson grabbing his chin and doing his hurty face like there was actual contact is quite pathetic.

He's a total nause, has shithoused his way around the pitch for years and largely got away with it. For once somebody calls him out on his whiney behaviour and he doesn't like it. The lino is entitled to shake him off. He's not lamped him, he's not hurt him, he's barely touched him. Nothing to see here.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
It really is nothing. The lino didn't intend to catch his jaw. It was nothing more than a 'push off'

I don't agree with Keane much, but yeah, 'cry baby'.

Imagine if it had been Kane. He would have gone down clutching his knee.
If Robertson doesn’t get an 8 game ban I would be furious if I had anything to do with Fulham. Robertson's actions were premeditated, he had a walk halfway across the pitch to consider what he was going to do, but he still lays a hand on the lino. Lino's action was knee jerk in the moment. Quiet word suffices in my opinion. If that.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Common sense prevails!

Now perhaps they can tighten up on rules and bans regarding players getting in the faces of match officials. It won't happen though, unfortunately.

Still think football would do well to let the egg chasing authorities come in and put everything right, then hand it back to the FA to show them how things should be done.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
Common sense prevails!

Now perhaps they can tighten up on rules and bans regarding players getting in the faces of match officials. It won't happen though, unfortunately.

Still think football would do well to let the egg chasing authorities come in and put everything right, then hand it back to the FA to show them how things should be done.
So 3 instances of a player laying a hand on an official in the last month or so....
Fernández(MAN UTD) v Liverpool
Mitrovic (fulham) v Man Utd
Robertson (LIVERPOOL) v Arsenal
.....result in an aggregate ban of 8 matches!!

I genuinely don't believe there is overt "big" team bias but ye gods they do leave themselves open.

I really cannot believe that so much focus has been on the lino when Robertson quite clearly walks halfway across the pitch, obviously angry, and lays his hand on a match official!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So 3 instances of a player laying a hand on an official in the last month or so....
Fernández(MAN UTD) v Liverpool
Mitrovic (fulham) v Man Utd
Robertson (LIVERPOOL) v Arsenal
.....result in an aggregate ban of 8 matches!!

I genuinely don't believe there is overt "big" team bias but ye gods they do leave themselves open.

I really cannot believe that so much focus has been on the lino when Robertson quite clearly walks halfway across the pitch, obviously angry, and lays his hand on a match official!
Unbelievable really that Robertson hasn't faced any further action or made his own apology. Sums him up really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here