Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Bridcutt

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Trust me, if a player refuses to talk to the press or comes out with 'no comment' to the kind of questions Naylor might have asked, it prompts far more speculation that something's afoot than if he simply gives straight answers. He's already in the shop window in any case.

There are many ways to answer a question without refusing. Anyway, we're moving away from my point which is that Bridcutt knowingly put himself in the window today.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
5 million or no conversation.

Play hard ball like everyone does with us

It has to be this. We get priced out of all our targets and simply roll over when clubs come in for our best players! CMS going if a proper center forward comes in I can live with, Bridcutt is a class act and if the money we get is wisely invested then we have Hammond who could do his job but Buckley? PLEASE god NOT Buckley...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Surely he should be aiming his sights a little higher than Norwich, Reading, Aston Villa, Fulham and Swansea?

Swansea and Norwich probably decent moves. The other 3 will probably either go down and / or sack their managers before the seasons out

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Players are employees and if a prem club comes in for them then we can't compete with the wages and certainly not the platform they have of playing in a higher division. If he goes, good luck to him, he owes us nothing and only a fool would think otherwise. If he did go to the likes of Fulham, Aston Villa, Reading, Swansea or Norwich, that is still a step up from a team 10th in the championship and moving in the wrong direction. Who knows, a new argentinian striker might turn our season around, we could be in the 5th round of the cup by the end of Jan and that might entice some to stay, at least till the end of the season. But, in all honesty, if any of us were playing in the team and a prem club offered to double or probably even triple our wages then you'd be a fool to yourself, and your family, not to accept it.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Take Bridcutt and Buckley out the squad and we are pretty bloody poor. I bit the bullet and watched the Watford game this morning and was thinking what it would be like without Bridders in there.if this is a long term project to get to the prem I think it will be a very long term project going on like this.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Think Bridcutt and Buckley are gone to be honest, possibly with CMS, and there could be up to 12 million coming in for the lot.

Gus is going to have to start signing some quality players soon as we are potentially slipping backwards very significantly.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Swansea and Norwich probably decent moves. The other 3 will probably either go down and / or sack their managers before the seasons out

I personally think Bridcutt will go at the end of this season. He's been a brilliant player and professional for Brighton and I feel he deserves a crack at the top flight.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
If the 3 do go, then we need it done early in the window, and replacements brought in immediately, otherwise by the end of Jan, the fat lady might have already sung, re play off places.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Take Bridcutt and Buckley out the squad and we are pretty bloody poor. I bit the bullet and watched the Watford game this morning and was thinking what it would be like without Bridders in there.if this is a long term project to get to the prem I think it will be a very long term project going on like this.

This.

If that happened, not all fans would stay with the alleged project.

Cardiff aren't allowing predators to circle around Noone, Mason, Bellamy, Helguson, Gunnarsson, Whittingham, Hudson and Turner.

Hull - ditto re: Faye, Koren, Elmohamedy.

Why would the Albion with its vast new income, allow sales of its few class midfielders?

If this turns out to be more than media lies, this would be a shocking insight into the mindset of Bloom and Poyet.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Potentially losing our two best players who are English, young and have good attitudes. I'm sorry but we are f***ed if they both go.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I personally think Bridcutt will go at the end of this season. He's been a brilliant player and professional for Brighton and I feel he deserves a crack at the top flight.

He is only 23. He has plenty of time to get get to the top flight. Leaving us at the end of the season would be a bad move unless he goes somewhere like spurs, arsenal or Everton

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Is the nature of the beast though isn't it? Players do well at lower league clubs, get lured by the big riches of the Prem, rot in the reserves for 2 or 3 years unless they are outstanding, then transfer back to the lower leagues later on. We just have to get used to it - but it has not happened yet.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Blimey u into self abuse watching tht again :)

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
If it means getting Elliott Bennett back, then It might not be so bad. Bridcutts position is replaceable.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Is the nature of the beast though isn't it? Players do well at lower league clubs, get lured by the big riches of the Prem, rot in the reserves for 2 or 3 years unless they are outstanding, then transfer back to the lower leagues later on. We just have to get used to it - but it has not happened yet.

Zamora hardly cut it in the Premiership did he, Bennett a bit part player - I cannot see Liam playing much 1st team football if he leaves

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Potentially losing our two best players who are English, young and have good attitudes. I'm sorry but we are f***ed if they both go.

I agree. If Bridcutt and/or Buckley go I will be very depressed and concerned. The signs are worrying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here